Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Khabib Nurmagomedov's next fight. An opinion by JM Barrie

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
JM Barrie
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Khabib Nurmagomedov's next fight. An opinion by JM Barrie

Postby JM Barrie » Apr 12. 2018, 03:25

First of all,  I would like to say that I still don't believe Khabib is the fighters lots of people claim him to be.  He is 26-0 and the highest ranked fighter he has been is number 11.  He fought RDA before RDA turned into a monster(whether he turned into a monster due to hard work or steroid use is up for debate.)  I believe he lost the fight against Gleison.  I believe his camp tries to pick the weaker fighters which is why I think Pettis was the #1 choice when Tony dropped out.

Nevertheless, he is now the LW champion.

Who is next? Some say Tony.  Some say Connor. Small amount of people say Eddie.

I say none of those.

I think these is a perfectly change for a fighter to move down in weight and join the UFC.  He's been slapping around lessor fighters for years while looking soft around the mid section.

Ben Askren I believe is the fight to make for the LW championship belt.

Now I believe Khabib, Tony and Ben can all beat Connor but I think in Dana's mind he's believes Connors best chance would be against Ben.

Dana recently did a 180 on the Connor -bus thing.  At first it was the worst thing that happened in the UFC and then 48 hours later he understood why Connor did it and he was cool with it.

Dana still wants Connor to be the champion. Even though I believe all 3 would beat Connor Dana probably thinks Khabib is the worst for Connor.

So you have to get rid of Khabib.  In my opinion.  Ben is the guy to get rid of Khabib.

18-0 VS 26-0

5'11 170lb(soft)

VS

5'9-5'10(max) 155lb

“Albums should be for all races, all tastes in music.” –Michael Jackson

JM Barrie
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: Khabib Nurmagomedov's next fight. An opinion by JM Barrie

Postby JM Barrie » Apr 12. 2018, 03:29

Ben Askren

Wrestling
Pan American Championship
Gold at 2005 Guatemala City -84 kg

Wrestling
United States Championship
Gold at 2008 Las Vegas -84 kg

Grappling
World's Championship
Gold at 2009 Fort Lauderdale -84 kg (No-Gi)

NCAA Division I Wrestling
Olympic Freestyle Wrestling

Black belt in BJJ

Askren finished his collegiate wrestling career with a record of 153–8, with 91 of those victories coming by way of fall.

He was also a four-time All-American, including being only the twelfth Division I wrestler ever to be a four-time finalist. Askren was also nominated for an ESPY in 2007 in the category Best Male College Athlete.

2 time NCAA Championship at 174 pound.
“Albums should be for all races, all tastes in music.” –Michael Jackson

HandSofIgor
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby HandSofIgor » Apr 12. 2018, 04:16

Khabib would out grapple him imho.. after watching quite a few of bjj scouts breakdowns.. of both of them.. I feel khabib would out grapple him (not necessarily beat him in the cage though)
(" Listen up. If you troll, be prepared for backlash. Fuch you and your bonnets." - Johnny shoots)

Synergy
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Synergy » Apr 13. 2018, 02:59

Would be a fun fight to watch, but can't see the UFC getting in Ben and giving him a title fight, without at least a fight against a top contender so casual MMA fans would know who he is.  Ben just doesn't have name recognition with casual fans.  

I'd reckon Eddie Alwarez gets a shot. Though I see Khabib mauling him with ease (though I though Dos Anjos would do the same, so what do I know).

I believe his camp tries to pick the weaker fighters

Its widely believed that nobody wanted to fight Khabib and he was having a tough time finding anyone highly ranked willing to fight him as he is a bloody tough fight for anyone and he had limited name recognition with the casual fan until he mauled Barbossa.

Bakke
H.O.F. CRI4
H.O.F. CRI4

Postby Bakke » Apr 13. 2018, 09:31

Rebook the fight with Tony and then have winner of Poirier/Gaetjhe step in on short notice when one of them gets hurt.

Ben Askren is just a stupid suggestion. We all know he wont ever fight in the UFC.
"Josh Emmett didnt fucking move" - Microsoft Office 95

Holeydel
CRI2
CRI2

Postby Holeydel » Apr 14. 2018, 14:38

If the UFC were to throw Askren into the mix, then it should be at 170.

As for Khabib, if they need something booked then go with Alvarez who I think could put up a good scrap. Conor's situation is too up in the air at the moment and Ferguson is busy recovering from surgery. The only other fighter I think who could be a decent threat to Khabib is Brian Ortega, but he's busy doing his thing at FW for it to be an immediate reality.

araven
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby araven » Apr 15. 2018, 03:06

What is this about looking at ppl at with different weight, they are different divisions. Start talking if and when they change divisions, ufc is becoming a circus if it is not already. Khabib should fight whomever is in line and healthy in his division.
Mea culpa.

Aloha
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Aloha » Apr 15. 2018, 05:04

JM, you are deluded and appear to be in great need of significant penetration :ei .   Most of the ratshit you post is not that bad, but this is just douchebag PMS-ish...

Even IF Askren was let into the UFC, he would definitely not fight for the belt right away.   I guess you like to look at male butts while they wrestle-fuk each other, but most UFC fans don't like this (unless it's chick's butts).   That's the reason Fitch was booted + Askren never given a contract.  Casuals (the main money-givers) do not even know who Ben is.  

UFC wants Khabib to fight Conor in Russia.  Tony will be out for a long while.  If Conor is in jail/wusses out, then it will be Alvarez.  If Gaethje won, it coulda been him, but I don't see Poirier getting the shot, unless someone else pulls out...

Satsquach
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Satsquach » Apr 17. 2018, 15:26

Khabib...... Hopefully has not become the new Woodley of the light weight division. 

Return to “MMA TALK”