Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Al Iaquinta meets Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 223 – but only Nurmagomedov can win title

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Re: Al Iaquinta meets Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 223 – but only Nurmagomedov can win title

Postby Lukeo » Apr 7. 2018, 09:29

Poochie wrote:He can win the tittle, it's just that the NY comission kinda f**ked that up. Just listen what dana said in the press conferece, Al is the champ if he wins and they have to work it out after the fight.

Yeah, I saw that today. :like

Aloha
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Re: Al Iaquinta meets Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 223 – but only Nurmagomedov can win title

Postby Aloha » Apr 7. 2018, 09:36

The NYSAC continues to f shiz up = culinary union still lurking?

Max was apparently on track to cut the weight, but some retards in the NYSAC apparently deemed him unfit to continue just because they didn't like the way he looked (no doctor's input).

This and a few other NYSAC ineptitudes (including the weight of Iaquinta's underoos) are mentioned here: 
https://www.mmamania.com/2018/4/7/17208876/midnight-mania-incompetent-nysac-doctor-max-holloway-before-removing-him-from-ufc-223

ikugan
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby ikugan » Apr 7. 2018, 11:15

Bakke wrote:He definitely could have made 155 on the dot, but he just didnt know about the fight at that time. This is just a strange scenario. I Still dont get why they didnt make Felder vs Pettis..

Hearing that they couldn't agree on the money... perhaps showtime wanted "2012-2014 showtime" money..

ikugan
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby ikugan » Apr 7. 2018, 11:16

my bad, you said felder..lol..i need to go smoke summore weed..

HandSofIgor
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby HandSofIgor » Apr 7. 2018, 14:32

What?..... Wait what the f**k is happening? So it's a five round title fight for both parties correct? And i really wish they just went with Ortega
(" Listen up. If you troll, be prepared for backlash. Fuch you and your bonnets." - Johnny shoots)

Quixotic_Hero
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Quixotic_Hero » Apr 7. 2018, 15:41

HandSofIgor wrote:What?..... Wait what the f**k is happening? 

That quote, right there, basically sums up this whole week for the UFC.

But yeah, unless something has changed in the last couple hours, which wouldn't surprise me by now, it's a five round fight and both fighters can go for the title.

You know, I think back to how long the UFC and MMA in general have struggled and fought to get MMA certified in New York.  With all the crap that's happened in NYSAC-regulated events, you kinda have to wonder if it was worth it.  

Bakke
H.O.F. CRI4
H.O.F. CRI4

Postby Bakke » Apr 7. 2018, 15:55

Both fighters can win the title. He was 155 lbs exactly after they deducted the weight of his shorts
"Josh Emmett didnt fucking move" - Microsoft Office 95

hippielove
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby hippielove » Apr 7. 2018, 16:01

Bakke wrote:Both fighters can win the title. He was 155 lbs exactly after they deducted the weight of his shorts

Wait, I thought only Khabib could win the title in this fight?
Or I'm on the wrong topic.  It happens with me.  :mrgreen:
★ Peace, Love ★ Happiness stuff ★

Bakke
H.O.F. CRI4
H.O.F. CRI4

Postby Bakke » Apr 7. 2018, 16:19

hippielove wrote:
Bakke wrote:Both fighters can win the title. He was 155 lbs exactly after they deducted the weight of his shorts

Thats how it first was, but Dana said they went back and weighed his shorts and they were 0,2 lbs apparently
"Josh Emmett didnt fucking move" - Microsoft Office 95

Poochie
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Poochie » Apr 7. 2018, 17:01

Bakke wrote:
hippielove wrote:

Thats how it first was, but Dana said they went back and weighed his shorts and they were 0,2 lbs apparently

What I understand if Khabib wins he gets the belt in the octagon, but is Al wins he gets it later and not in the octagon.
"Who the fook is that guy?" - Conor McGregor
"I'd like to apologize... to absolutely nobody!" - Conor McGregor

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Apr 7. 2018, 19:57

HandSofIgor wrote:What?..... Wait what the f**k is happening? So it's a five round title fight for both parties correct? And i really wish they just went with Ortega

Same.

Return to “MMA TALK”