Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Conor McGregor's chaotic arrival after UFC 223 media day causes damage, injury to Michael Chiesa

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Re: Conor McGregor's chaotic arrival after UFC 223 media day causes damage, injury to Michael Chiesa

Postby Kizzo » Apr 13. 2018, 04:22

Synergy wrote:I agree this was a calculated move to keep his name in the media. I doubt he actually wanted a melee with Khabibs team, rather just get some camera time, ac ting like a mad man. I think he just threw that dolly in the heat of the moment, not realizing the damage it would do. Don't think Conor wanted to piss away millions which he will have to pay out in those lawsuits.And yes if he does fight Khabib, that fight could very well break all UFC PPV records, especially if Khabib still has the belt and is still undefeated going into that fight.

Conor is either a fucking idiot or a fucking genius. I'm still having a hard time trying to wrap my head around why he acted this way. Risky and dumb IMO is my current stance. I can't say what's going to happen in the future with the legal side (most are predicting nothing willl happen), but if everything works out, and he ends up fighting Khabib there is the possibility of mucho dinero for both and credit to Conor for stepping up with all the hype that was built from this incident. So I guess in the end, there is that possibility of it being a wash and a setup for huge money making opportunity for the fight for all parties. But then you never know with the legal side, it can turn to shit. Either way, one thing I feel certain about, it's a blessing for Chiesa and those suing Conor to make some money.

ikor
CRI1
CRI1

Re: Conor McGregor's chaotic arrival after UFC 223 media day causes damage, injury to Michael Chiesa

Postby ikor » Apr 13. 2018, 06:29

I am not so sure he broke the glas intentionally, he was more aiming to the bar between the windows, it seems. His previous threats were also more or less not really threathening or in direct contact (incident in Bellator, throwing bottles at press conference and similar). I think he knows where the boundary is but in this situation he was a bit unlucky. Perhaps he will learn something from this, I don't know.

For sure it is easy to drink some bear or something else speak some garbage get an airoplan and do some riot. It is kind of normal to do that if you are bored, a bit aggresive and have a lot of money. Bisping mentioned this as well. Somebody else with less money would perhaps take a bycicle and fight someone nearby :)

Next fight for him should be vs Nurmagomedov if UFC can give him enough money and if he is willing to get back to fighting. I don't know if he is training, but he should lose some energy in the gym. Next opponent for Nurmagmedov should be somebody, who will lose for sure. Imagine that somebody beats him and Nate Diaz somehow happen to him... he loses invincibility and UFC is losing a lot of money. It is even possible, that was actually a plan for 223 event, I don't know. UFC was really pushing this LW title fight (Ferg, Holl, Pett, Iaq) and this is a bit suspicious for me. To say, we were doing this for fans...I don't believe that.

In general, since McGregor is not fighting, I don't care much for him. When/if he annouce he is fighting, I will tune in, for sure.

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Apr 13. 2018, 09:08

Breaking the glass was intentional. He was calling out for everyone to break the glass.

Return to “MMA TALK”