Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Curtis Blaydes gets home fight vs. Alistair Overeem at UFC 225 in Chicago *POLL*

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.

Who ya got!?

Blaydes
29%
Overeem
71%

Total votes: 7

moose84
News Pimp
News Pimp
Location: 6x CRI Champ - XV~LX~LXXX~LXXXI~CVII~CXV, 10x VIP Invitational Champ, 2x LMS Champ - I & VIII

Curtis Blaydes gets home fight vs. Alistair Overeem at UFC 225 in Chicago *POLL*

Postby moose84 » Mar 8. 2018, 00:17

UFC heavyweight Curtis Blaydes wanted big fights and a bigger contract. He’s got the former for sure.

The promotion today announced Blaydes (10-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) will meet multi-promotion champ Alistair Overeem (43-16 MMA, 8-5 UFC) at UFC 225, which takes place June 9 at United Center in Chicago.

Although the official bout order has not been announced, it’s a near certainty the two will meet on the pay-per-view main card following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.

Blaydes was last seen in the octagon this past month at UFC 221, where he earned the biggest win of his career to date with a unanimous decision over veteran slugger Mark Hunt (13-12-1 MMA, 8-6-1 UFC). It was his fourth win in five appearances (a TKO over Adam Milstead was overturned due to a positive drug test for marijuana).

Prior to the fight with Hunt, Blaydes revealed to MMAjunkie that his next bout would serve as his final obligation to the UFC under his current contract. He signaled his interest in a raise and didn’t rule out the possibility of entertaining an offer from Bellator.

While it’s unknown whether Blaydes has secured a new deal, it didn’t take long for him to sketch out his immediate future. Two days after UFC 221, he was calling for a spot on UFC 225, a homecoming opportunity considering his roots in Chicago.

Now, Blaydes takes another step up against Overeem, a onetime UFC title challenger seeking redemption after a brutal knockout loss to recent title challenger Francis Ngannou (11-2 MMA, 6-1 UFC). The concussive setback snapped a two-fight streak for the former Strikeforce and DREAM champ, though it didn’t extinguish his desire to compete.

With the addition, the latest UFC 225 lineup includes:

Carla Esparza vs. Claudia Gadelha
Joseph Benavidez vs. Sergio Pettis
Rashad Coulter vs. Allen Crowder
Curtis Blaydes vs. Alistair Overeem

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/03/curtis-blaydes-home-fight-alistair-overeem-ufc-225-chicago-mma
LEATHER, ITS WHATS FOR DINNER! - PAT MILETICH

WHO WANTS A KO FOR CHRISTMAS! - FRANK SHAMROCK

MMI & OCT VS. DPI & GUS - MEXICAN STANDOFF

hippielove
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Re: Curtis Blaydes gets home fight vs. Alistair Overeem at UFC 225 in Chicago *POLL*

Postby hippielove » Mar 8. 2018, 17:51

Gotta take Curtis in this scrap.  :fb
You think Overeem can stay off his back?
Doubt it.
Peace, Love and Happiness stuff

MajorBA
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: Curtis Blaydes gets home fight vs. Alistair Overeem at UFC 225 in Chicago *POLL*

Postby MajorBA » Mar 8. 2018, 18:29

hippielove wrote:Gotta take Curtis in this scrap.  :fb
Doubt it.

Blaydes hasn't fought anyone good, let alone beat anyone good, with the exception of his win over a washed up Mark Hunt.  He is a toddler in respect to experience when compared to Overeem.  

He has three months to prepare for one of the most experienced veterans in the sport. 

These guys have a couple things in common.  Losses to Ngannou (who is not good), and their size.  I expect Overeem will scale in heavier than we have seen him lately, negating any weight advantage.  It will be 6'4 265 vs. 6'4 265.

The Demolition Man will make good on his name here.  
We just can't get on the same page with any predictions lately, hippielove.  If Blaydes can win this, that would be huge for him, and I can take him more seriously.  It's not going to happen.
"If they will play fair I will play fair, but if they won't then I reserve all my rights to do anything I find myself able to do."-William Howard Taft

"We can't cure stupid, but we can alleviate it's symptoms."-MajorBA

hippielove
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby hippielove » Mar 8. 2018, 18:41

MajorBA wrote:
hippielove wrote:Gotta take Curtis in this scrap.  :fb
Doubt it.

Blaydes hasn't fought anyone good, let alone beat anyone good, with the exception of his win over a washed up Mark Hunt.  He is a toddler in respect to experience when compared to Overeem.  

He has three months to prepare for one of the most experienced veterans in the sport. 

These guys have a couple things in common.  Losses to Ngannou (who is not good), and their size.  I expect Overeem will scale in heavier than we have seen him lately, negating any weight advantage.  It will be 6'4 265 vs. 6'4 265.

The Demolition Man will make good on his name here.  
We just can't get on the same page with any predictions lately, hippielove.  If Blaydes can win this, that would be huge for him, and I can take him more seriously.  It's not going to happen.

Bet is on then:fb
MajorBA - 0
hippielove - 0
:like

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Mar 9. 2018, 00:46

Make it an av bet.

hippielove
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby hippielove » Mar 9. 2018, 08:50

Kizzo wrote:Make it an av bet.

Trouble maker!  :hair

Return to “MMA TALK”