Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Roy Nelson added to Bellator 200 *POLL*

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.

Who ya got!?

Cro Cop
80%
The Real Hamburglar
20%

Total votes: 10

moose84
News Pimp
News Pimp
Location: 6x CRI Champ - XV~LX~LXXX~LXXXI~CVII~CXV, 10x VIP Invitational Champ, 2x LMS Champ - I & VIII

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Roy Nelson added to Bellator 200 *POLL*

Postby moose84 » Mar 6. 2018, 17:15

MMA and kickboxing legend Mirko Cro Cop will make his Bellator debut in May, when he faces fellow longtime veteran Roy Nelson.

Bellator officials today announced that Cro Cop (36-11-2 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) and Nelson (23-15 MMA, 1-1 BMMA) will meet at Bellator 200, which takes place May 25 at The SSE Arena in London. The event airs via tape delay in the U.S. on Paramount.

The contest serves as a rematch of the pair’s October 2011 meeting at UFC 137, which Nelson won via third-round TKO.

Cro Cop, 43, comes to Bellator on an impressive eight-fight winning streak. While he fought just once in 2017, a New Year’s Eve TKO win over Japanese veteran Tsuyoshi Kohsaka at Rizin FF 9, Cro Cop went 4-0 in 2016, including three victories in a three-day stretch to claim Rizin’s openweight grand prix title.

Meanwhile, Nelson, 41, was recently bumped from Bellator’s current heavyweight grand prix with a decision loss to Matt Mitrione at Bellator 194. The bout with Cro Cop will mark Nelson’s third for his new promotion following a 19-fight run under the UFC umbrella.

With the addition, the Bellator 200 lineup currently includes:

Champ Rafael Carvalho vs. Gegard Mousasi – for middleweight title
   Mirko Cro Cop vs. Roy Nelson
   Michael Page vs. David Rickels
   Phil Davis vs. Linton Vassell

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/03/mirko-cro-cop-vs-roy-nelson-at-bellator-200-in-london
Last edited by moose84 on Mar 7. 2018, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
LEATHER, ITS WHATS FOR DINNER! - PAT MILETICH

WHO WANTS A KO FOR CHRISTMAS! - FRANK SHAMROCK

MMI & OCT VS. DPI & GUS - MEXICAN STANDOFF

hippielove
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Re: Mirko Cro Cop vs. Roy Nelson added to Bellator 200 *POLL*

Postby hippielove » Mar 7. 2018, 16:28

hmm
I think fatty will go to wrestling and lay on him ftw 
★ ★ ★

MajorBA
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby MajorBA » Mar 7. 2018, 21:29

hippielove wrote:hmm
I think fatty will go to wrestling and lay on him ftw 

A lot has changed about these fighters since UFC 137.  That was one of Nelson's best performances ever, and one of Filipovic's worst.  Cro Cop is looking better than ever, and Nelson's game has declined significantly.  
"right leg, hospital; left leg, cemetary."
"If they will play fair I will play fair, but if they won't then I reserve all my rights to do anything I find myself able to do."-William Howard Taft

"We can't cure stupid, but we can alleviate it's symptoms."-MajorBA

Dis E_pline
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Dis E_pline » Mar 10. 2018, 19:17

Mirko never lost a rematch.

Return to “MMA TALK”