Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

Colby Covington made it on Dailymail news

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
JM Barrie
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Colby Covington made it on Dailymail news

Postby JM Barrie » Feb 26. 2018, 00:42

'You're the product of cousins f**king': UFC fighter launches gross Twitter rant at his rival, taking aim at his 'ratchet horse-faced' girlfriend

The third-ranking UFC welterweight fighter took the trash talk too far, in a tweet attacking the girlfriend of one of his rivals on Saturday.
Colby Covington called Danielle Nickerson, the significant other and trainer of Mike Perry, 'ratchet' and 'horse-faced,' as well as implying Perry is the product of incest.
This was after 'Platinum Perry' lost to Max 'Pain' Griffin in Florida on Saturday, with Nickerson in his corner.
The tweet sparked comments decrying his behavior from other fighters, and the public, despite Perry and Nickerson initially having little to say about it.

ImageImage

Nickerson was ringside as Perry took on Griffin at UFC Orlando on Saturday.
After Perry was beat up pretty badly in the first round, Nickerson shouted advice through the second round.
'Kick the knee! Break that leg!' she said, loudly enough for Fox cameras and microphones to catch it on camera. 
But Perry, 26, just didn't have what it took to win the battle. The judges awarded the win to Griffin, unanimously by decision.

ImageImageImage

Shortly after the match ended, Covington took it upon himself to add insult to injury.  
'Covington tweeted on Saturday: 
'Hey @PlatinumPerry, maybe having your ratchet horse faced girlfriend as your head trainer isn't the smartest idea on planet earth. But hey, when you're the product of cousins f***ing in Ocala FL how strong can your decision making skills be?'
Other fighters were quick to call him out on the inappropriate message.
UFC featherweight Cub Swanson replied to Covington's post, writing: 'Not a fan of this or you Colby. Please learn a little class man.'

ImageImage

UFC middleweight Anthony Smith also weighed in.
'I’m all for trash talk and gaining attention... this crosses the line in my opinion,' he tweeted.
Nickerson, who is also a professional tennis player, didn't respond publicly to Covington's nasty remarks.
Instead, she shared an inspirational message to her lover on Instagram, on Sunday evening. 
'The fight game is a tough one, but you are relentless and can achieve whatever you put your mind to. In order to perform on the highest level everything must fall in place and last night some things didn’t,' she wrote.
'No matter the outcome I will always be proud of you and believe in your abilities, and you will forever be my favorite fighter. You have been given a divine talent that I know you won’t let go to waste. Next ones the best one @platinummikeperry love you.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5434169/UFC-fighter-tweet-rivals-girlfriend-incest.html
“Albums should be for all races, all tastes in music.” –Michael Jackson

JM Barrie
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: Colby Covington made it on Dailymail news

Postby JM Barrie » Feb 26. 2018, 00:43

no comments on the article as of late though
“Albums should be for all races, all tastes in music.” –Michael Jackson

H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby 770 » Feb 26. 2018, 02:34

Perry is an overrated bum. He was talking smack about Covington just recently, so I guess it was payback.
Besides that, Perry's missus is a fuckin' idiot. Her ringside coaching commentary is an embarrassment :oops:

rique000
Zuffa
Zuffa

Postby rique000 » Feb 26. 2018, 02:43

While trash talking is used to sell a fight and for getting into your opponents head, it's easy to cross the line and to offend 
and alienate people.

Few can do it "well".

In Colby's case, he genuinely comes across as being a douchebag instead of artfully using trash talking as a physiological  device. 

Muhammad Ali was a trash talker and yet remained likable.

If I were a professional MMA fighter, I wouldn't attack their girlfriend or a country's people, that's just not classy.

Instead, I would criticize, mock and/or ridicule some aspect of their game or training. 

That's fair game and would definitely get under the skin of any opponent.
Last edited by rique000 on Feb 26. 2018, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.
My ownage and reign over MMASHARE deplorables is sacrosanct.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60731&start=9800

H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby 770 » Feb 26. 2018, 03:01

rique000 wrote:While trash talking is used to sell a fight and for getting into your opponents head, it's easy to cross the line and to offend 
and alienate people.

Few can do it "well".

In Colby's case, he genuinely comes across as being a douchebag instead of artfully using trash talking as physiological  device. 

If I were a professional MMA fighter, I wouldn't attack their girlfriend or a country's people, that's just not classy.

Instead, I would criticize, mock and/or ridicule some aspect of their game or training. 

Perry said this in an interview a week or two ago about Colby.
I say, if you're gonna talk shit (didn't Perry and his corner once make racial slurs if i remember correctly) and invite your dumb bimbo girlfriend in the octagon and promote her at very turn, she's fair game.
Covington's response was epic, and Perry deserved it.
The problem is, now all the limp dicked white knights want to defend a females honor. Psh :roll:

rique000
Zuffa
Zuffa

Postby rique000 » Feb 26. 2018, 03:12

770 wrote:
rique000 wrote:While trash talking is used to sell a fight and for getting into your opponents head, it's easy to cross the line and to offend 
and alienate people.

Few can do it "well".

In Colby's case, he genuinely comes across as being a douchebag instead of artfully using trash talking as physiological  device. 

Perry said this in an interview a week or two ago about Colby.
I say, if you're gonna talk shit (didn't Perry and his corner once make racial slurs if i remember correctly) and invite your dumb bimbo girlfriend in the octagon and promote her at very turn, she's fair game.
Covington's response was epic, and Perry deserved it.
The problem is, now all the limp dicked white knights want to defend a females honor. Psh :roll:

Not defending what perry said either.
My ownage and reign over MMASHARE deplorables is sacrosanct.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60731&start=9800

H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby 770 » Feb 26. 2018, 03:24

rique000 wrote:Not defending what perry said either.

So...you're NOT gay? :doctor

SkidMarxTheSpot
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby SkidMarxTheSpot » Feb 26. 2018, 13:48

Coldy has a point tho....she is kinda horsefaced. Totally justified in my opinion  :mrgreen:
"We the unwilling, led by the unqualified to kill the unfortunate, die for the ungrateful."

Woman! Wo-man! Wooooooaaaaahhh, man! She was a thief. You've got to believe. She stole my heart and my cat!

hippielove
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby hippielove » Feb 26. 2018, 15:11

SkidMarxTheSpot wrote:Coldy has a point tho....she is kinda horsefaced. Totally justified in my opinion  :mrgreen:

Ha  :lol:
She's not that bad...  :P
★ ★ ★

therealweagle
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby therealweagle » Feb 27. 2018, 17:53

I'm not mad at his commemts.

Plus it helps keeps Perry relevant cause his fighting ability cant do that.

Perry needs to thank Colby for mentioning his name after that performance
Its better to let ppl think you're a fool than post a butthurt reply and prove them right.
CRI 89, CRI 105 and TUF 14 Invitational Winner
"Why would I hold him down when I can stare him down." Hendo
Wiedman>Silva Sas

H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby 770 » Feb 27. 2018, 19:41

therealweagle wrote:I'm not mad at his commemts.

The weagle knows :c

RICHDOGPAIL
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby RICHDOGPAIL » Feb 28. 2018, 17:32

therealweagle wrote:I'm not mad at his commemts.

Too busy watching your AV

Return to “MMA TALK”