Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Eddie Alvarez Claims He Punked Nate Diaz To His Face, And Nate Did Nothing

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Eddie Alvarez Claims He Punked Nate Diaz To His Face, And Nate Did Nothing

Postby 770 » Jan 31. 2018, 21:16

Make no mistake about it, Eddie Alvarez wants to fist fight Nate Diaz. And despite his recent claim that he’s cool with the Diaz brothers, he’s on an all out verbal assault through various forms of media, trying to pick a fight.
With Nate Diaz recently stating that he’ll be back to action later this year, Eddie Alvarez was the first high-profile fighter to step up and offer his services.
If we are to believe what Eddie is saying, Nate Diaz turned that fight down when the UFC made an official offer.
Taking to twitter, and various media outlets, Alvarez has been throwing Nate Diaz under the bus as of late, and in a new interview with the MMA Hour, he claims he punked the Stockton super star, and did so right to his face.
Check it out:
“In Mexico, I got in his face after weigh-ins because he kept doing that sh*t he always does to everyone and nobody says sh*t to him,” Alvarez said. “I went right up to him, and when I went right up to him, he couldn’t even look me in the face. He looked down at the ground. I’m like, this guy is supposed to be so f*cking hardcore, so gangster? He wouldn’t even look me in the face when I was confronting him about all of the mean mugs and all of that sh*t. He looks at the ground and then the UFC officials kinda jump in middle of me and him, and then squash the whole thing.
“I told him, after I beat Gilbert up, I said, ‘You’re f*cking next.'”

http://mmaimports.com/2018/01/eddie-alvarez-claims-punked-nate-diaz-face-nate-nothing/

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: Eddie Alvarez Claims He Punked Nate Diaz To His Face, And Nate Did Nothing

Postby Robert223 » Jan 31. 2018, 21:34

What Eddie really thinks:
770 wrote:Image
Make no mistake about it, Eddie Alvarez wants to fist Nate Diaz. And despite his recent claim that he’s cool with the Diaz brothers, he’s on an all out assault.
With Nate Diaz recently stating that he’ll be back to action later this year, Eddie Alvarez was the first high-profile fighter to step up and offer his services.
If we are to believe what Eddie is saying, Nate Diaz turned that offer down.

Taking to twitter, and various media outlets, Alvarez has been throwing Nate Diaz under the bus as of late, and in a new interview with the MMA Hour, he claims he spunked the Stockton super star, and did so right on his face.

Check it out:
“In Mexico, I got on his face after weigh-ins because he kept doing that sh*t,” Alvarez said. “I went right into him, and when I went right into him, he couldn’t even look me in the face. He looked down at the ground. I’m like, this guy is supposed to be so f*cking hardcore? He wouldn’t even look me in the face when I was comforting him and all that sh*t. He looks at the ground and then the UFC officials kinda jump in middle of me and him, and then butternut squash the whole thing.
“I told him, after I beat Gilbert off, I said, ‘You're f*cking next.'”

http://mmaimports.com/2018/01/eddie-alvarez-claims-punked-nate-diaz-face-nate-nothing/

:|  

Trying to get that McGregor/Diaz rematch money and a possible rematch against McGregor himself if he wins against Diaz. Who can blame him after getting beaten like that?
I'd actually like to see a rematch down the line, would be interesting to see if he attempted more than 20 takedowns in the first round. :like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby 770 » Jan 31. 2018, 21:38

I'm noticing that a lot of fighters are starting to call out Nate because he's the money fight, he's the real fight, he'll fight YOUR ass  :lol:

Synergy
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Synergy » Feb 1. 2018, 07:48

770 wrote:I'm noticing that a lot of fighters are starting to call out Nate because he's the money fight, he's the real fight, he'll fight YOUR ass  :lol:

Hardly surprising.
Nate isn't a top fighter, rather a middle of the pack fighter. Nate has a lot of hype after submitting Connor and then going 5 close rounds with him, so he will bring huge PPV numbers. 
   Isn't surprising that any fighter who gets a share of the PPVs (former champs) wants a fight against him.
I am guessing Nate holds out for the Conor trilogy or then he picks a popular fighter for a big money fight.

H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby 770 » Feb 1. 2018, 08:22

Synergy wrote:
770 wrote:I'm noticing that a lot of fighters are starting to call out Nate because he's the money fight, he's the real fight, he'll fight YOUR ass  :lol:

Hardly surprising.
Nate isn't a top fighter, rather a middle of the pack fighter. Nate has a lot of hype after submitting Connor and then going 5 close rounds with him, so he will bring huge PPV numbers. 
   Isn't surprising that any fighter who gets a share of the PPVs (former champs) wants a fight against him.
I am guessing Nate holds out for the Conor trilogy or then he picks a popular fighter for a big money fight.

For some reason, I can't stop thinking what a great match-up Khabib vs Nate, would be. That fight would be awesome :c

Holeydel
CRI2
CRI2

Postby Holeydel » Feb 1. 2018, 15:31

Nate would get destroyed against Kabib. I would put Nate up there in the upper echelon of 155'ers however the trouble is there's a straight forward blue print to getting a W over him, which I think every fighter would use at this point.

H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby 770 » Feb 1. 2018, 16:36

Holeydel wrote:Nate would get destroyed against Kabib. I would put Nate up there in the upper echelon of 155'ers however the trouble is there's a straight forward blue print to getting a W over him, which I think every fighter would use at this point.

What? Leg kicks? That's irrelevant when it comes to Khabib though. You're forgetting one thing that Nate applies in every single fight, and that is pressure, durability and a high level ground game. That is why this would make a great match-up.

Kronlk
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Postby Kronlk » Feb 1. 2018, 18:08

Synergy wrote:

Hardly surprising.

I don't even think Nate is still that big of a draw, I might be wrong but I bet he is gonna go back to the same numbers he drew before which wasn't that many.
How taste my peepee.

AV bet with JackHawk: Holloway > Edgar 1 month

H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby 770 » Feb 1. 2018, 18:44

Kronlk wrote:
Synergy wrote:

Hardly surprising.

I don't even think Nate is still that big of a draw, I might be wrong but I bet he is gonna go back to the same numbers he drew before which wasn't that many.

I have to agree there. The more he tries to play McGregor's "hold out for a red panty night" game, the less of a draw he'll become :like
It's the same with a lot of these fighters these days. Like...
Woodley, Amanda Nunes, Dillashaw, and even Cyborg is being choosy :roll:

Holeydel
CRI2
CRI2

Postby Holeydel » Feb 1. 2018, 19:41

770 wrote:
Holeydel wrote:Nate would get destroyed against Kabib. I would put Nate up there in the upper echelon of 155'ers however the trouble is there's a straight forward blue print to getting a W over him, which I think every fighter would use at this point.

What? Leg kicks? That's irrelevant when it comes to Khabib though. You're forgetting one thing that Nate applies in every single fight, and that is pressure, durability and a high level ground game. That is why this would make a great match-up.

Whilst he is vulnerable to leg kicks, I was thinking more of Nates lack of tdd. If you're fighting Kabib, it's probably fair to say the game plan is to stay off your back. RDA showed that if you can avoid Nate's sub game, you can apply a top heavy game on him. Benson managed it, Rory & probably some others on their way to a points win over Nate. 

H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby 770 » Feb 1. 2018, 19:44

Holeydel wrote:
770 wrote:

Whilst he is vulnerable to leg kicks, I was thinking more of Nates lack of tdd. If you're fighting Kabib, it's probably fair to say the game plan is to stay off your back. RDA showed that if you can avoid Nate's sub game, you can apply a top heavy game on him. Benson managed it, Rory & probably some others on their way to a points win over Nate. 

Ah cool :like

Kronlk
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Postby Kronlk » Feb 1. 2018, 23:17

Holeydel wrote:
770 wrote:

:lol:
How taste my peepee.

AV bet with JackHawk: Holloway > Edgar 1 month

H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby 770 » Feb 1. 2018, 23:49

Kronlk wrote:Image
:lol:

:h :like

Synergy
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Synergy » Feb 2. 2018, 06:08

770 wrote:For some reason, I can't stop thinking what a great match-up Khabib vs Nate, would be. That fight would be awesome :c

Nate isn't a 170, he is a 155 & a middle of the pack 155 as during his prime the top 155'ers had no issues beating him. He wasn't even in the title picture at 155 when he fought Conor.
 The UFC and Rogan just pretended he is a 170 after he beat their cash cow in McGregor. The only reason that fight was at 170 is coz it was a short notice fight and Nate didn't have time to cut weight.
      As for Khabib vs Nate, that would be a joke of a fight. Khabib would have little trouble rag-dolling Nate to the floor and then destroy him there as numerous 155'ers have done over the years.

Nick and Nate have always had the loyal following. I am guessing after all the hype the UFC threw his way after he beat McGregor (pretending he was a top 170 pounder), he should be a big draw with casual fans, though I could be wrong.

Return to “MMA TALK”