Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Holly Holm vs. Cris Cyborg set for UFC 219 in Las Vegas

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Holly Holm vs. Cris Cyborg set for UFC 219 in Las Vegas

Postby Robert223 » Nov 16. 2017, 21:28

The biggest woman’s mixed martial arts fight is signed and ready to be delivered. At UFC 219, Holly Holm will challenge Cris Cyborg for the UFC women’s featherweight championship.

The two will now finally meet at UFC 219 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

https://themaclife.com/featured-posts/h ... las-vegas/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

Tits
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Re: Holly Holm vs. Cris Cyborg set for UFC 219 in Las Vegas

Postby Tits » Nov 16. 2017, 22:17

Damn. Cyborg all day. Holly might stick and move but will eventually get caught.

ikor
CRI1
CRI1

Postby ikor » Nov 17. 2017, 02:19

Uf, great fight. I am going with Cyborg. Holly will be a moral winner, something like fights with Randamie, Tate or Shevchenko.

Aloha
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Aloha » Nov 17. 2017, 04:20

Holm gonna drag this into deep waters, tire the beast out + get the decision/tko victory. She knows how to control range and has excellent standup defense.

Still plenty of time for some Jackson /Winkeljohn game planning and sneaky supplements 101 baby...

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Nov 17. 2017, 07:41

Aloha wrote:Holm gonna drag this into deep waters, tire the beast out + get the decision/tko victory.  She knows how to control range and has excellent standup defense.  

Still plenty of time for some Jackson /Winkeljohn game planning and sneaky supplements 101 baby...

:like
Terms and conditions may apply.

ikor
CRI1
CRI1

Postby ikor » Nov 17. 2017, 08:39

Lukeo wrote:
Aloha wrote:Holm gonna drag this into deep waters, tire the beast out + get the decision/tko victory.  She knows how to control range and has excellent standup defense.  

I will cheer for that:)  In last fight she was able to control her self without constant attack.

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Nov 17. 2017, 21:18

Cris Cyborg signs new deal with UFC: “From this day forward we are on the same team working together”
“I am excited to be committed to the UFC,” Cyborg said in a statement on her website. “Dana White has proven himself as the best promoter in the sport, and with the recent addition of Mick Maynard as women’s matchmaker, I felt it was time to come to an agreement where we can both work together and be committed in both building the UFC and the Cris Cyborg brands.“

“I am excited to start this new chapter in my career as a real partner with the UFC and the fights we will promote together.”

“Today is a new day with me and the UFC, from this day forward we are on the same team working together,” Cyborg said. “I am no longer in a position where I am fighting for a division or a chance at a World Title. I am excited to have to the full support of WME and the UFC behind me and to see how this will elevate the platform of my brand”.

https://themaclife.com/featured-posts/c ... -deal-ufc/

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Nov 17. 2017, 21:19

I think she‘s excited...

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Nov 17. 2017, 21:29

Great matchup. May turn out to be Cyborg's toughest test.
"Lol Look at reek trying to fight back. Sad to watch, as he tries to make a fist tucking his thumb under his fingers of his little girl hands, swings, and lets out a little squeal Eeeee!" - detroit770

Hobonauts
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby Hobonauts » Nov 17. 2017, 23:17

Holm all day. She's a swift counter striker, and damn strong in the clinch.
Google me, Butch!

I'm a Rousey fan. You may like her or not, but she is an exciting fighter, making her opponents look amateur over and over.

** AV changed due to management suggestion. Sorry butt_cheeks! **

xSamWaynex
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby xSamWaynex » Nov 18. 2017, 03:15

Judging by how Cybor did against Baars in a straight up kickboxing match, I can see this being a very tough test for Cyborg. Cyborg is powerful, but not as technical as Holly. While Cyborg does have a ground game, she isn't really one for showing it off too much and prefers to stand and trade with her opponent instead. IF this is how the fight between her and Holly plays out I don't think Cyborg will be able to keep up with the pace that Holly can put out in the stand up department. With that said one good shot from Cyborg could cause this fight to end in a very quick TKO. As they say "styles make fights." Hopefully this will be a good one. Sadly it won't be as big a fight as Rousey vs Cyborg would've been at Rousey's height of success in the octagon. That's not knocking either Cyborg or Holm, but the truth is the truth.
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

Fats33
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby Fats33 » Nov 20. 2017, 08:03

Hmm...
Tough call here...
I’m going with probably the underdog...
Let’s go Holly!

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Nov 22. 2017, 15:59

Holly Holm shuts down Cris Cyborg’s suggestion of Holm’s PED usage
For instance, when Cris Cyborg recently made insinuations that she was unhappy with the amount of USADA testing being conducted on her compared to her opponent Holly Holm, Holm was quick to speak up. Taking to Instagram, Holm revealed she had been tested more than the Brazilian, before stating that she never felt the need to be congratulated for passing a drugs test.
On Monday, Holm expanded on that original Instagram post (which has since been removed), simply saying she wanted to clamp down on any link between herself and performance enhancing drugs before the rumour mill could get to work.

“I didn’t want my name to be associated with any kind of performance enhancing drugs,” Holm said, speaking on The MMA Hour. “Because I’ve never used, ever. Not in any sport I’ve ever done in my life, not in anything I’ve ever done. Just because I don’t put it on my social media every time come to my house or come to my gym, doesn’t mean being tested.”

“It’s never an issue, they come and say they’re taking a drug test and I go, okay, so I do. It’s not like I plaster it out there saying ‘look I got tested today’ and let everybody know. It’s not really my style. … It had nothing to do with pumping a fight, nothing to do with trying to even talk trash about a fight, that’s stuff’s normal. But to be acting like, I’m not getting tested or whatever. I was the most tested last year, and even this year, I’m still tested more than she is, so I told her just to stop whining.”

For what it’s worth, USADA’s database currently lists both Holm and Cyborg as having being tested 11 times throughout 2017.

https://themaclife.com/featured-posts/h ... ped-usage/

Gogh
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Gogh » Nov 22. 2017, 17:01

ikor wrote:
Lukeo wrote:

I will cheer for that:)  In last fight she was able to control her self without constant attack.

thats what makes this so interesting to me. great fight. i give the edge the cyborg. would like to see holly use more kicks
in mma's dark age of roids, gsp was the best conditioned of them all. things that make you go hhhhmmmmmm

mma is a dog n pony show disguised as a legitimately run sport

Return to “MMA TALK”