Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Bullshito Martial Arts

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
Synergy
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Re: Bullshito Martial Arts

Postby Synergy » Feb 15. 2018, 01:07

ghostwheel wrote:Hahaha dude these are fucking hilarious! That Dalai Lama-looking guy making everyone jump around was the best. How does anyone fall for that shit?

Its coz hitting someone on some pressure point and incapacitating them looks a lot more impressive than taking someone down and using jui jitsu.
  Too many have grown up watching kung fu movies and believe that hitting pressure point and that fancy choreographed bullshit you see on screen is an actual fighting style and hence they are never short of students.

Tits
Zuffa
Zuffa

Postby Tits » Feb 16. 2018, 03:11

phpBB [video]

Lukn4trbl
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Lukn4trbl » Feb 16. 2018, 03:55

phpBB [video]
Baller Betting - It will make you cool.

homegrown123
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby homegrown123 » Feb 16. 2018, 04:03

Tits wrote:
phpBB [video]

best shit i've seen all day

Lukn4trbl
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Lukn4trbl » Feb 16. 2018, 17:07

xSamWaynex
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby xSamWaynex » Feb 16. 2018, 19:09

Lukn4trbl wrote:

The thing that pisses me off the most about this is that there are actual styles of Kung Fu that are effective, but because of assholes like this it gets such a bad rap. I took Wing Tsun Kung Fu for a while, and the basic principles behind it are sound. It actually does "work" as a legitimate form of martial art. Not all the moves that are nothing more than a stylized dance meant to impress the people that have no idea what they are looking at, but at it's core it is a sound martial art, especially for a smaller person. The same thing can be said for certain forms of Tae Kwon Do, and Karate. **** faces, like the ones in these videos, do a huge disservice to martial arts. As someone who has done REAL martial arts for the majority of my life, I want all of them to have to go up against an actual martial artist in front of a live crowd just once so that everyone they have scammed can see for themselves how much bullshit they have been peddled.
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

Lukn4trbl
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Lukn4trbl » Feb 16. 2018, 21:23

I agree with you.  It's not the martial art, it's how it's used, as well as the competency of the instructor.

Half of these fools we see in these videos are bandwagon groupie fans of a hopeless leader.

Monkey see, monkey do.    Places that take your money and issue belts based on good behaviour instead
of performance.

Sad.

xSamWaynex
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby xSamWaynex » Feb 16. 2018, 23:19

Lukn4trbl wrote:I agree with you.  It's not the martial art, it's how it's used, as well as the competency of the instructor.

Half of these fools we see in these videos are bandwagon groupie fans of a hopeless leader.

Monkey see, monkey do.    Places that take your money and issue belts based on good behaviour instead
of performance.

Sad.

What gets me is when you have someone who claims to have "invented" their own form of martial art. They don't have to be accredited to teach, they just have to have a business license and that's it. So they go around promoting people to these really select levels or belts to make those people feel special, when in reality almost none of the shit the "Sensei" is teaching them is applicable for self defense purposes. A friend of mine who now lives in Ohio, I live in NC, enrolled his son into this "new form of martial art."" So while visiting him once I went to see what it was all about, and the guy teaching the class had these kids doing what he called, I shit you not, "raven claw technique." I said "what the f**k is this Harry Potter?" The guy was charging people 120 bucks a month for beginners level kids classes, and he only taught those classes once a week for about an hour. That's $30 an hour per kid, and this guy had about 15 kids he was "teaching" the day I went and according to my friend that was about average. That guy ended up getting arrested for selling the credit card information from the parents of the kids he was teaching. So it was a scam within a scam. It was like a really bad version of Inception.
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

Lukn4trbl
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Lukn4trbl » Feb 20. 2018, 23:14

$120/mth for a kid's beginner class is insane!  I think my TKD instructor was charging $55/month for 8 classes (about 15 years ago).

Equally as bad is favouritism.   Certain students will get bumped based on ass-kissing, or acquaintance.   This was true of
a judo school that I trained at.   After a month lay-off from class, I returned to see two young students jump TWO belts.

The chatter in the locker room was that these kids came in extra time to practice and help out on weekends with tournaments.

How the hell do you jump two belts, let alone one belt in four weeks?

By the way. Elvis can fight!  (thx Joe Rogan)
phpBB [video]

xSamWaynex
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby xSamWaynex » Feb 21. 2018, 01:37

I have been involved with Judo since the age of 5 and I have never once seen any student legitimately jump two belts in only a month's time. That just gives the entire sport a bad name if you ask me. It took me two full years to get a promotion once, and my grandfather was the teacher of the class haha. I once saw someone at a Jiu-Jitsu tournament competing at the brown belt level, but from what I saw of their technique they looked like they should've still been at just blue belt. Promoting people when they don't truly deserve it happens all the time with MMA fighters as well. A certain instructor will give a big named fighter a promotion so that fighter will stick with their gym and cause their business to flourish. It pisses me the hell off when that happens, and the reason being because I know how much hard work goes into getting an ACTUAL promotion like that.

UserNameCory
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby UserNameCory » Feb 22. 2018, 22:20

I agree that it's terrible to see belts just given to pro mma fighters.

rique000
Zuffa
Zuffa

Postby rique000 » Feb 25. 2018, 13:02

:lol:
My ownage and reign over MMASHARE deplorables is sacrosanct.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60731&start=9800

Lukn4trbl
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Lukn4trbl » Apr 22. 2018, 23:24

phpBB [video]

Aloha
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP