Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Report: Frankie Edgar out of Max Holloway title fight at UFC 218

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
JackHawk MMA
H.O.F. CRI4
H.O.F. CRI4

Re: Report: Frankie Edgar out of Max Holloway title fight at UFC 218

Postby JackHawk MMA » Nov 9. 2017, 22:21

Kronlk wrote:
JackHawk MMA wrote:Image

You got lucky  :lol:

Still sucks though, would of for sure been a great fight. UFC 217 was too good to be true, others must suffer.

Brian Stann for President.

"f**k you George"

MMI - Northeast Squadron

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Nov 10. 2017, 01:54

Cub is best choice.
Terms and conditions may apply.

MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby MajorBA » Nov 10. 2017, 16:11

"If they will play fair I will play fair, but if they won't then I reserve all my rights to do anything I find myself able to do."-William Howard Taft

"We can't cure stupid, but we can alleviate it's symptoms."-MajorBA

moose84
News Pimp
News Pimp
Location: 6x CRI Champ - XV~LX~LXXX~LXXXI~CVII~CXV, 10x VIP Invitational Champ, 2x LMS Champ - I & VIII

Postby moose84 » Nov 11. 2017, 14:54

Lukeo wrote:Cub is best choice.
LEATHER, ITS WHATS FOR DINNER! - PAT MILETICH

WHO WANTS A KO FOR CHRISTMAS! - FRANK SHAMROCK

MMI & OCT VS. DPI & GUS - MEXICAN STANDOFF

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Nov 13. 2017, 06:30

Yes. Cub is best! :)

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Nov 13. 2017, 14:43

Aldo got the call.
"Lol Look at reek trying to fight back. Sad to watch, as he tries to make a fist tucking his thumb under his fingers of his little girl hands, swings, and lets out a little squeal Eeeee!" - detroit770

MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby MajorBA » Nov 13. 2017, 17:30

Kizzo wrote:Aldo got the call.

Screw that.  Dude got owned dominately last time around, which feels like it was just last week still.  Holloway clobbers him into oblivion this time.  
"If they will play fair I will play fair, but if they won't then I reserve all my rights to do anything I find myself able to do."-William Howard Taft

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Nov 14. 2017, 04:50

MajorBA wrote:

Screw that.  Dude got owned dominately last time around, which feels like it was just last week still.  Holloway clobbers him into oblivion this time.  

Yep, ppv numbers will drop. No-one is interested in this rematch.

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Nov 21. 2017, 13:13

José Aldo sees attack as the best form of defense against Max Holloway
“I’m in perfect conditions,” Aldo said as reported by Guillherme Cruz of MMAFighting. “There are always small injuries, but nothing that takes any weapon away. I’m kicking, punching, I’m dong everything now. There are no serious injuries. You can expect the best kickboxing, the best muay thai. I will walk forward the entire time. I want to kick a lot in this fight. I want to put my hands as well, everything I learned recently, I want to go in there and do it.”

“I’ll smother him from beginning to the end, and he will have to worry about his defense. I always saw the attack as the best defense, so I was holding myself back, thinking ‘he has this strong point,' and that harmed me. Not anymore. I want to go in there and be myself, be who I always were. That’s what I want.”

https://themaclife.com/featured-posts/j ... -holloway/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

JackHawk MMA
H.O.F. CRI4
H.O.F. CRI4

Postby JackHawk MMA » Nov 21. 2017, 14:20

MajorBA wrote:

Aldo was winning that fight till he started to slow down in the 3rd.... I'm in no way saying that I think his cardio will be better this time around on short notice camp, but skill wise Aldo is still the best in my opinion.  If he puts it together with a better gameplan this time, maybe with some leg kicks, I think he can beat Max. 
Where the hell is Chad Mendez?? Is he still suspended. The division NEEDS him right now.   

"f**k you George"

MMI - Northeast Squadron

MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby MajorBA » Nov 21. 2017, 18:16

JackHawk MMA wrote:
MajorBA wrote:

Aldo was winning that fight till he started to slow down in the 3rd.... I'm in no way saying that I think his cardio will be better this time around on short notice camp, but skill wise Aldo is still the best in my opinion.  If he puts it together with a better gameplan this time, maybe with some leg kicks, I think he can beat Max. 
Where the hell is Chad Mendez?? Is he still suspended. The division NEEDS him right now.   

Unless he gets off early, Mendes will not be eligible to compete again until June 10, 2018.

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Nov 21. 2017, 19:30

Max Holloway confused by Jose Aldo’s claim of renewed motivation: “It just blows my mind”
“This guy — we fought him in his hometown, he was the champion — and for him to be saying that now he feels way more motivated.. fighting for your country and fighting in front of your people for your belt is not enough motivation, what’s going on?” Holloway said, speaking on the UFC 218 media call. “I’m motivated. The belt is great. You know what comes with the belt? Better payday, pay-per-views and a lot more stuff, but the belt is the belt. A fight is a fight.”

“I ain’t trying to go out there and get my butt whooped, my ass whooped in front of billions of people watching at home, thousands of people. That’s not what I’m about. I’m in the hurt business. I’m out there, and I want to win. I don’t care who I fight. I could fight this guy 10 times in a row. I’ll be motivated. That’s just what it is.”

“That’s this warrior spirit that I have in myself and this whole belief I have in myself. It doesn’t take much to motivate me. I don’t know why people talk about, ‘It’s hard to get motivation.' You’re in the wrong business, man. In this business you can get hurt. There’s another guy trying to hurt you seriously in there. This guy’s talking about motivation. It just blows my mind.”

https://themaclife.com/featured-posts/m ... s-my-mind/

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Nov 22. 2017, 16:07

Before Jose Aldo rematch came to pass, Max Holloway eyed 155-pound superfight
Max Holloway is fast becoming known for an old school fighting spirit. The UFC featherweight champion is on an eleven fight win streak, eight of which have been finishes. Indeed, one of the Hawaiian’s most iconic images is beckoning Ricardo Lamas to a complete slugfest for the last ten seconds of their contest.

With all that in mind, it should be absolutely no surprise that when Frankie Edgar pulled out of their upcoming title fight at UFC 218, Holloway was completely ready to face any late note replacement. Even if he had find a lightweight to fit the bill.

“I was super willing,” Holloway said, speaking to MMAWeekly. “Money talks. I’m a fighter. Shit, I was saying whatever, I didn’t even care. I promised the people of Hawaii, I promised the people of Detroit that they’re going to see Max Holloway fight December 2. I promised my fans, my family. I promised you guys.”

“I’m going to fight no matter what.”

“People want to be called the best in the world. The best in the world is not getting ready for one guy,” Holloway said. “I was ready to fight. I was ready to fight anyone. My manager told me about 155 fights and we was ready to go up if we had to, but it is what it is. I got blessed with Jose. I get to prove to everybody why I’m the best in the world and Dec. 2 is going to be a fun night.”

https://themaclife.com/sports/mma/jose- ... uperfight/

JackHawk MMA
H.O.F. CRI4
H.O.F. CRI4

Postby JackHawk MMA » Nov 26. 2017, 13:13

I hate how champions who just won the belt are trying to do superfights... you have to defend the belt multiple times and clean out a division before it a "superfight"....

Frankie Edgar, Chad Mendez, and Jose Aldo can all beat Max... he needs to worry about those guys before he goes moving anywhere.

"f**k you George"

MMI - Northeast Squadron

Return to “MMA TALK”