Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

Dana White: Robert Whittaker is next for Georges St-Pierre

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Dana White: Robert Whittaker is next for Georges St-Pierre

Postby Robert223 » Nov 6. 2017, 02:07

”It’s going to be [Robert] Whittaker,” White said at the post-fight conference. “I don’t even know what’s going on with GSP. He was transported to the hospital, so he’s got to get stitches on his nose. If he doesn’t take Bisping down and keeps this fight standing, he comes out of that fight with almost no damage.”

“Bisping did some serious work from his back and split his nose open and had him bleeding all over his face. [GSP] took some big shots from the top position and if he didn’t do that he probably would’ve come out unscratched. So yeah, he’s got to go to the hospital right now. We’ll see how he is and what the status is with him.”

“Even Ali didn’t look the same after a three-year layoff, you know,” White said. “He was still a great fighter, but he didn’t look the same as he did before the layoff and very few people have come back from long layoffs. Not only come back and win in their own division, but move up to 185 pounds and fight in that division, it’s tough to do.

“Its great to have GSP back. He came after a four-year layoff and fought a great fight tonight. People think Bisping is easy, but show me one easy fight Bisping has been in where you just go in there and walk over Bisping, you don’t do it. And GSP looked real good tonight.”

https://themaclife.com/featured-posts/d ... st-pierre/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

Dis E_pline
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Re: Dana White: Robert Whittaker is next for Georges St-Pierre

Postby Dis E_pline » Nov 6. 2017, 03:09

Before :
“Georges St-Pierre will not fight again. I’ve said that before and I’ll say it again. Georges St-Pierre is done. He is retired. He will not fight again.”

White added: “”I’ve dealt with him. We’ve been dealing with this thing. I’ve been in this since I was 19 years old. I know the mentality of a fighter that wants to fight and I know the mentality of a fighter that does not want to fight.”

After :
“Its great to have GSP back. He came after a four-year layoff and fought a great fight tonight. People think Bisping is easy, but show me one easy fight Bisping has been in where you just go in there and walk over Bisping, you don’t do it. And GSP looked real good tonight.”

Ha Dana White, that good ol' fucker

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Nov 6. 2017, 05:55

I thought Georges looked like shit & I reckon he got a bit lucky with Bisping. Robert should whip him.

Poopyshoe
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Poopyshoe » Nov 6. 2017, 07:41

Lukeo wrote:I thought Georges looked like shit & I reckon he got a bit lucky with Bisping. Robert should whip him.

What fight were you watching ffs??
I'm old fat and outta shape, I'm gonna have to hurt you REAL bad REAL fast.

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Nov 6. 2017, 19:38

The same one as Joe & Schaub..

Kizzo
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Nov 7. 2017, 16:34

Whittaker wrote:“To be honest, he looked slower than he’s ever been. He’s just as crafty. You can see the intelligence is still there. His fight IQ is still there. He obviously hits harder at middleweight. But I hit hard, and I hit fast — and much harder and faster than Bisping. And I have much better defense than Bisping. So it looks good.”
http://mmajunkie.com/2017/11/robert-whittaker-georges-st-pierre-slower-than-ever-ufc-217

Should be a good one.
CRI XCVIII Champ
LMS XIII Champ

H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby 770 » Nov 7. 2017, 18:54

...........................................................................................
Last edited by 770 on Nov 9. 2017, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.

Lukn4trbl
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Lukn4trbl » Nov 8. 2017, 12:45

There's no way GSP can win against someone like Woodley or Whittaker  imo 

How dare you! We can no longer be friends.

Consider yourself un-Vinned!
Baller Betting - It will make you cool.

H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby 770 » Nov 8. 2017, 15:53

Last edited by 770 on Nov 9. 2017, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Nov 9. 2017, 05:26

Yeah. I picked gsp to win but was not impressed with his performance.  

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Nov 29. 2017, 00:53

Dana White: “I’m going to be super pissed” if St-Pierre asks for welterweight move
When Georges St-Pierre returned to the UFC at middleweight, most were skeptical that — even if he defeated Michael Bisping for the championship — he would stick around at 185-pounds.

While there has been some talk that St-Pierre’s **** contract involves language that would dictate him fighting interim champion Robert Whittaker, it seems few truly believe that the welterweight legend wants to fight at the heavier weight, instead believing he would prefer to return to his more natural division of 170-pounds.

One person who is sternly not on board with that suggestion, and the man who might have the largest say, is UFC president Dana White.

“I don’t want to hear that. That’s not what I want to hear,” White said, speaking at a media lunch, Tuesday (via MMAFighting). “I want to hear he’s going to defend his 185-pound title. That’s the agreement we made. That’s the deal we made when we made the deal."

“I’m going to be super pissed [if he asked to go down], and I don’t know where we go from there,” White said. “Go to 170 — who’s better to fight at 170? You’ve got [Tyron] Woodley, you’ve got ‘Wonderboy,' [and then at 185] you’ve got [Yoel] Romero, and then you’ve got Luke Rockhold. Fucking monsters. They’re all monsters. There’s no fight that looks like, ‘Oh, maybe this is the fight for me to take.' You looked at Bisping like he was a tune-up. You got your tune-up. There’s nothing but fucking animals at ’85 and ’70."

“Rockhold is massive. He’s massive when he cuts weight. There’s no good options. To sit there and try to handpick people, or where you want to go and everything else, you can’t in this fucking sport. They’re all nasty. You’re a fighter. Get in there and see who you can fucking beat. You wanted to fucking come back. Welcome back, it’s ugly.”

There has been some suggestion that St-Pierre could return as soon as early next year to face Whittaker, particularly with an upcoming event in Perth, Australia. While White wouldn’t commit to a date, he reiterated that for him, the only next step for St-Pierre was a title defense.

“I said [to St-Pierre], ‘I’ll tell you what: You want to come in and take this shot against Bisping, I’m cool with that, but you’ve got to defend the title,'” White said. “You can’t drop the title after the fight and then go somewhere else. It’s just, my thing is, to be the man, you’ve got to beat the man. And when the man just goes away.. listen, if a guy is on a run and undefeated then wants to retire, that’s one thing. The guy retires the belt, that’s another thing. ‘Well, I’m going to drop this one and jump to 170 now,' I don’t like it.”

https://themaclife.com/featured-posts/d ... ight-move/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

Tits
Zuffa
Zuffa

Postby Tits » Nov 29. 2017, 01:47

Well there you go. Woodley or Bobby Knuckles, take your pick.

ikor
CRI1
CRI1

Postby ikor » Nov 29. 2017, 08:20

Robert223 wrote:
“I said [to St-Pierre], ‘I’ll tell you what: You want to come in and take this shot against Bisping, I’m cool with that, but you’ve got to defend the title,'” White said. “You can’t drop the title after the fight and then go somewhere else. It’s just, my thing is, to be the man, you’ve got to beat the man. And when the man just goes away.. listen, if a guy is on a run and undefeated then wants to retire, that’s one thing. The guy retires the belt, that’s another thing. ‘Well, I’m going to drop this one and jump to 170 now,' I don’t like it.”

https://themaclife.com/featured-posts/d ... ight-move/

Don't care much about Dana's words, but it sounds pretty unbelievable, if you replace St-Pierre with McGregor, Bisping with Alvarez and 170 with hm, boxing? I would be scared as well hommie, if I was GSP, is normal :)

Poopyshoe
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Poopyshoe » Dec 1. 2017, 14:52

Well Georges is a very smart man. I can see he planned this whole thing and now with his marketability he has a lot to say about what he does and he knows it, so does Dana. You gonna force your #1 one draw and arguably the Goat if he asks to  drop to 170. Georges can walk away, he don't need the money. Georges is holding the cards and I know he planned it that way. Everyone want's to fight GSP. Careful Dana don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
:laugh
I'm old fat and outta shape, I'm gonna have to hurt you REAL bad REAL fast.

Return to “MMA TALK”