Reigning CRI Champion
Hall Of CRI Champions
UFC 217: BISPING VS ST-PIERRE
Nov. 4, 2017 / 10PM/7PM ET/PT / New York, NY
Michael Bisping vs Georges St-Pierre
Cody Garbrandt vs T.J. Dillashaw
Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Rose Namajunas
Jorge Masvidal vs Stephen Thompson
Paulo Borrachinha vs Johny Hendricks
Joseph Duffy vs James Vick
Mark Godbeer vs Walt Harris
Ion Cutelaba vs Michal Oleksiejczuk
Randy Brown vs Mickey Gall
Curtis Blaydes vs Aleksei Oleinik
Corey Anderson vs Ovince Saint Preux
Ricardo Ramos vs Aiemann Zahabi
moose84 wrote:Coach Rich wrote:Official CRI Rules:
1. Any member of MMAShare in good standing is eligible to play. If you are serving a ban or suspension, you are ineligible for CRI competition while the disciplinary action is in effect.
2. Each combatant must choose a winner (or draw) for each fight on the card. Whoever predicts the most correct outcomes wins the tournament. In cases in which a combatant forgets or neglects to pick an outcome for any particular fight, that fight will be scored as an incorrect pick.
3. Each combatant must also pick two locks. The locks can be any two fights on the card. But he/she must also predict the round the fight ends, as well as the method of victory or draw. Obviously, a competitor must correctly predict the winner of a fight to get credit for the round the fight ended as well as the method of victory. The acceptable methods of victory are; knock out, submission, or decision. KO, TKO, or KTFO will all be counted the same. A predicted submission will count as correct even if someone predicts the wrong type of submission. So it isn’t necessary to predict a particular type of submission. Another possible outcome which could be predicted is a draw. In the event that a competitor wishes to predict a draw as a lock, they still must predict the round the fight ends as well as the method of victory, or draw in this case. Such as judges decision, double KO, or double submission.
4. The locks serve as a tie-breaker. In the event of a draw, the locks become a six round single elimination tournament. The rounds are as follows:
Round 1 - Lock #1 winner
Round 2 - Lock #1 round the fight was ended.
Round 3 - Lock #1 method of victory
Round 4 - Lock #2 winner
Round 5 - Lock #2 round the fight was ended
Round 6 - Lock #2 method of victory
When two or more people are tied for first place, they enter round 1. Those who pick correctly move on to round 2. Those who pick incorrectly are eliminated. This process continues until only one is remaining. Obviously, a missing pick is counted as an incorrect pick.
5. Regardless of the ridiculous, incompetent, or down right corrupt decision of any referee, judging panel, or doctor, all official outcomes will be reflected in the official CRI scoring tabulations. Additionally, any fight ruled a no contest will be a no contest on the official CRI scorecard. It will be scored as if the fight didn’t take place. If there is a fight that had 11 fights but one was ruled a no contest, only the 10 fightes resulting in an official outcome will be tabulated.
6. Performance enhancing drugs are forbidden. However, performance dehancing drugs are strongly encouraged.
7. Any fight or fighter which is changed after the official CRI thread is started will count on all score cards as a no contest.
8. No edits or new entries may be submitted after the start of the actual event. Remember, most UFC cards begin three hours before the PPV does. Anyone making an edit or new entry will be eliminated from championship contention. It will be at the discretion of the CRI president whether or not the score will be counted on their P4P standings.
9. Anyone making two or more entries in any one particular CRI will be eliminated from championship contention. It will be at the discretion of the CRI president whether or not the score will be counted on their P4P standings.
10. In the event of an incorrectly tabulated score, incorrect championship title awarded, or any other undetected violation of rules, all competitors have a period of 72 hours from the time of the official results posting to file an appeal. All appeals will be given due consideration and a timely ruling.
11. Each champion shall be given the official CRI belt to wear as an avatar, boobies and asses, the naming rights for the next CRI event, the title “Prognosticating Champion of the Universe”, and the undying envy and respect of the other competitors.
(a) In the rare occurrence in which a champion turns in a perfect scorecard, instead
of boobies and asses, he shall receive hot chicks making out.
12. Those finishing last at any given CRI event are honor and tradition bound to hang their head(s) in shame for a period of no less than 5 minutes while they reflect on the shame they have brought to themselves, their families, their ancestors, and the noble art of prognosticating. This must be done before ever predicting the outcome of another fight. There are situations in which the president of the CRI reserves the right to offer clemency to those finishing dead last.
Good Luck Everyone! Stay Thirsty My Friends.