Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Can Paulie be Professional Enough to Call the Fight?

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.

Paulie will

Make it all about the knockdown
17%
Be reserved, Impartial, and professional
33%
Who gives a f**k, I won't be listening
50%

Total votes: 6

Lukn4trbl
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Can Paulie be Professional Enough to Call the Fight?

Postby Lukn4trbl » Aug 12. 2017, 14:54

Now that we've seen the aftermath of the sparring fallout , do you feel that Mr. Malignaggi can be professional in his delivery on the 26th? 
I think his commentary will be laced with jealous undertones and more than usual bias. 
Of course his job is to represent the boxing community and Floyd,  but do you believe he will make this more about the sparring than warranted? 

You might need to turn off AdBlock

Baller Betting - It will make you cool.

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: Can Paulie be Professional Enough to Call the Fight?

Postby detroit770 » Aug 12. 2017, 15:07

Yeah. I think he'll be all business on the day. He's a bit of a "me-man", and no doubt he will have a bit of a sook here and there, but I think he'll call it the way he sees it  :like
RIQUE CRUZ MARTINEZ

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Aug 15. 2017, 02:06

He shouldn't be calling the fight after the shit he's just pulled. The sound of his voice shits me.

It's a distraction now too. Every little comment will be tainted with his crap.
Terms and conditions may apply.

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Aug 15. 2017, 02:11

This is the most entertaining/annoying/funny buildup to a fight I've seen...starting from the press tours to the sparring drama with Pauli.

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby detroit770 » Aug 15. 2017, 02:20

Lukeo wrote:He shouldn't be calling the fight after the shit he's just pulled. The sound of his voice shits me.

After another rant on MMAHour, it will be interesting how he approaches it. He was starting to get personal.
Triggered :lol:
RIQUE CRUZ MARTINEZ

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Aug 15. 2017, 03:37

Kizzo wrote:This is the most entertaining/annoying/funny buildup to a fight I've seen...starting from the press tours to the sparring drama with Pauli.

For sure! :lol: :like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Aug 15. 2017, 03:40

detroit770 wrote:
Lukeo wrote:He shouldn't be calling the fight after the shit he's just pulled. The sound of his voice shits me.

After another rant on MMAHour, it will be interesting how he approaches it. He was starting to get personal.
Triggered :lol:

Yeah, I reckon it's bad form to have someone who's emotionally and/or financially connected calling a fight. I didn't like it when DC was calling Jones's fight against Ovince either. 
Terms and conditions may apply.

xSamWaynex
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby xSamWaynex » Aug 15. 2017, 04:45

I am brought back to what Paulie said in December of 2016, and then what he has said sense the sparring sessions. He basically said in December of last year, that fighting Conor in a boxing ring would be "laughable", and that you could stack the deck against him and he would still knock McGregor out. After the sparring sessions he seemed to have changed his tune, but then got all butthurt and started lying about what happened during the sparring sessions. He is obviously going to have a heavy bias in this fight. I don't think Paulie will be able to set aside his own ego and call the fight as it needs to be called. He has just recently said that him and Conor are going to have to fight to settle it between the two of them. He is way too emotionally invested to be professional IMHO.
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

Return to “MMA TALK”