Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Jon Jones: “I think the Gustafsson fight is an option for us right now”

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Jon Jones: “I think the Gustafsson fight is an option for us right now”

Postby Robert223 » Aug 9. 2017, 01:46

Since Lesnar’s return to the Octagon seems to be a more complex issue than first thought, with the WWE star having to serve a six month suspension from USADA, the newly (re-)crowned light heavyweight champion Jones looks to defend his belt in the meantime.
And as if defeating arch nemesis Daniel Cormier wasn’t enough, Jones is ready to once again face the man who gave him his toughest fight ever — Alexander Gustafsson.

“Every fight gets my blood flowing,” Jones said, speaking with MMAjunkie. “I know how important it is to never underestimate anyone. I get up for every one. I think the Gustafsson fight is an option for us right now. We’re just going to wait and see. We’re weighing our options right now.”

https://themaclife.com/featured-posts/j ... right-now/

You might need to turn off AdBlock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

Mr S mkII
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Re: Jon Jones: “I think the Gustafsson fight is an option for us right now”

Postby Mr S mkII » Aug 9. 2017, 02:25

Holy f**k??!!

A UFC champion calling out a reasonable challenger? Is there a cold weather warning in hell?

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Aug 9. 2017, 02:37

Mr S mkII wrote:Holy f**k??!!

A UFC champion calling out a reasonable challenger? Is there a cold weather warning in hell?

He called out Brock first. ;)

Not much options left after Brock, but I'm glad to see Jones considering Gus as an option.

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Aug 9. 2017, 02:41

Stipe just recently came out and said he would be down to fight Jones.

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/ufc-champ-stipe-miocic-reminds-jon-jones-available-fight/

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby detroit770 » Aug 9. 2017, 04:31

Kizzo wrote:Stipe just recently came out and said he would be down to fight Jones.

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/ufc-champ-stipe-miocic-reminds-jon-jones-available-fight/

Stipe would punch the bitch tits off Jones  :lol:
His options are limited. Gus fight is way more appealing than a freakshow, and Gus has that unfinished business.
I don't think Jones resembles the same fighter he was even in their last fight. Gus ftw  :c
RIQUE CRUZ MARTINEZ

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Aug 9. 2017, 08:16

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Aug 10. 2017, 05:31

detroit770 wrote:
Kizzo wrote:Stipe just recently came out and said he would be down to fight Jones.

Stipe would punch the bitch tits off Jones  :lol:
His options are limited. Gus fight is way more appealing than a freakshow, and Gus has that unfinished business.
I don't think Jones resembles the same fighter he was even in their last fight. Gus ftw  :c

I think John already said he didn't want to fight Stipe. He admitted that Stipe is to big & skillful for him.
Terms and conditions may apply.

xSamWaynex
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby xSamWaynex » Aug 11. 2017, 05:59

I personally thought that Gus won the first fight, and I have been wanting a rematch between the two ever since that night. Gus was able to do what only one other man has done and that is actually take Jon down, and he did it twice. That was something that no one expected to happen. Gus has had some setbacks since their fight, but I believe he has deserved a rematch against Jon for quite some time now. IF that fight happens I will certainly be rooting for Gus.
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

Mr S mkII
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Mr S mkII » Aug 12. 2017, 00:55

xSamWaynex wrote:I personally thought that Gus won the first fight, and I have been wanting a rematch between the two ever since that night. Gus was able to do what only one other man has done and that is actually take Jon down, and he did it twice. That was something that no one expected to happen. Gus has had some setbacks since their fight, but I believe he has deserved a rematch against Jon for quite some time now. IF that fight happens I will certainly be rooting for Gus.

Gus looked so fucking good against Glover. I know it's only Glover, but shit he was like a ninja.

I hope Gus wins because however it ends it's going to be a great fight and then we'll likely have a trilogy.

UserNameCory
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby UserNameCory » Aug 12. 2017, 15:11

Should have been an immediate rematch which leads me to believe that jon is broken mentally on the issue of facing superior opponents than himself. That's never goat mentality and it seems goat status is best left to either fighting the best and never cheating (which isn't jones) or a zenith of a fighter's skills. We know the first isn't jones (no rematch, cheating is numberous ways, facing a group of fighters going up a class which has tarished the spiders reputation), so we'll have to see if any point of domination was more impressive though I doubt any performance of Jones will be as great as hws. His opponents did include two former hws but Vera's just okay and Cormier would get wrecked by the top five hws. His legacy is just marketing.

Gogh
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Gogh » Aug 13. 2017, 15:21

translation: stipe miocic's name came out of my mouth therefore i better call out someone else quickly
in mma's dark age of roids, gsp was the best conditioned of them all. things that make you go hhhhmmmmmm

mma is a dog n pony show disguised as a legitimately run sport

Return to “MMA TALK”