Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Bisping vs GSP at UFC 217 in New York on Nov 4

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.

Who ya got?

Bisping
50%
GSP
50%

Total votes: 10

Gogh
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Bisping vs GSP at UFC 217 in New York on Nov 4

Postby Gogh » Aug 2. 2017, 21:52

Champ Michael Bisping says Georges St-Pierre title bout official for UFC 217 in NYC

Following UFC 214 and Tyron Woodley's decision win over Demian Maia, UFC president Dana White says Michael Bisping will, indeed, face Georges St-Pierre later this year.

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping claims his next title defense against Georges St-Pierre is finally official, and it will go down at UFC 217 in New York City.

Bisping (30-7 MMA, 20-7 UFC) today announced the bout with St-Pierre (25-2 MMA, 19-2 UFC) on FS1’s “UFC Tonight,” on which he frequently serves as a co-host.

“This is actually the third time I’ve been offered this fight, so the ship’s sailed twice,” Bisping said. “On this occasion, on the third occasion, it set off sailing but did a U-turn and it pulled up at New York City. I’ve got a chirpy little Englishman who’s going to fight Georges St-Pierre, Madison Square Garden, Nov. 4. It is official. Do not miss it. We’re taking over.”

UFC 217 takes place Nov. 4 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.

The matchup has been an on-again, off-again mess after it was announced in March that former UFC welterweight champion St-Pierre would end his more than three-year hiatus to fight Bisping, despite never having competing at 185 pounds.

St-Pierre hasn’t fought since 2013, when he notched his ninth consecutive welterweight title defense with a split-decision victory over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167. St-Pierre then vacated the title and took a break from competition. After St-Pierre recently flirted at a return, UFC officials announced earlier this year that the 36-year-old Canadian MMA great would fight Bisping sometime later in the year.

However, St-Pierre then said he could not fight until at least November due to outside commitments, and an irked UFC President Dana White later said the fight was off and Bisping would instead fight top contender Yoel Romero.

But when Bisping subsequently revealed a knee injury (while St-Pierre declared a lingering eye issue), Plan B for Bisping-Romero also was scrapped. Romero (12-2 MMA, 8-1 UFC) then lost a decision to fellow contender Robert Whittaker (19-4 MMA, 10-2 UFC) for an interim title earlier this month at UFC 213.

White suggested a knee injury recently suffered by Whittaker opened the door for St-Pierre to cut the line.

With Whittaker the challenger in waiting, White said in July that St-Pierre would instead fight the winner of this past Saturday’s UFC 214 co-headliner between current welterweight champ Tyron Woodley (18-3-1 MMA, 8-2-1 UFC) and challenger Demian Maia (25-7 MMA, 19-7 UFC). However, with Woodley’s heavily panned unanimous-decision win over Maia, that apparently opened the door for St-Pierre vs. Bisping.

“I know Michael Bisping will fight,” White said. “He will show up and actually fight.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/08/champ-michael-bisping-says-georges-st-pierre-title-bout-official-for-ufc-217-in-nyc

You might need to turn off AdBlock

in mma's dark age of roids, gsp was the best conditioned of them all. things that make you go hhhhmmmmmm

mma is a dog n pony show disguised as a legitimately run sport

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Re: Bisping vs GSP at UFC 217 in New York on Nov 4

Postby Kizzo » Aug 2. 2017, 23:10

Tyron Woodley wrote:...But but I wanted to fight GSP! Where's my big money fight?!?

1qa

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Aug 2. 2017, 23:11

SPOILER ALERT!

GSP's game plan
:

Jab, jab, wrestling.

Rinse and repeat until decision victory.

moose84
News Pimp
News Pimp
Location: 6x CRI Champ - XV~LX~LXXX~LXXXI~CVII~CXV, 10x VIP Invitational Champ, 2x LMS Champ - I & VIII

Postby moose84 » Aug 3. 2017, 00:03

GSP hasn't fought in 4 years, how much will that be a factor.

Rooting for Bisping
LEATHER, ITS WHATS FOR DINNER! - PAT MILETICH

WHO WANTS A KO FOR CHRISTMAS! - FRANK SHAMROCK

MMI & OCT VS. DPI & GUS - MEXICAN STANDOFF

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Aug 3. 2017, 06:23

GSP will be looking fantastic at middleweight. Fresh as a daisy from his hiatus.
Terms and conditions may apply.

bazzereth
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby bazzereth » Aug 7. 2017, 19:53

As justified as Bispings title win and defense has been (and I cheered for him for a long time), I thought many of his previous fights were sloppy. Perhaps all of those fights were just stepping stones to becoming the champion and creating the best fighter, but I actually think Rockhold is right and he just had a bit of luck. GSP never underestimates an opponent and will use whatever weakness he thinks there is against him. Everyone is rightly putting their money on GSP GNP... this time, I have it going GSP for the finish. He's back to make some money and I think he will play it safe round 1-2 and then go for broke. This would make the most sense if you only plan on fighting 2 or 3 more times. Make people anticipate you trying for the finish and it won't matter if you win or lose.

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Aug 7. 2017, 22:23

If Bisping ever was to beat GSP it is now. I'm taking the risk and going with The Count on this one. :fb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

xSamWaynex
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby xSamWaynex » Aug 8. 2017, 01:43

Call me crazy but I voted for Bisping. Bisping with have a size advantage that is undeniable, and he will also be the fresher man in the fight as he hasn't had a near 4 year hiatus like GSP has. All Bisping has to do is employ a reverse game plan of GSP. Jab Jab, stuff the take down rinse repeat until decision victory.
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Aug 8. 2017, 01:53

I'm not getting too excited about this super fight..
Terms and conditions may apply.

Return to “MMA TALK”