Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Which commentator in UFC

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Re: Which commentator in UFC

Postby MajorBA » Aug 10. 2017, 19:38

Herognu wrote:
MajorBA wrote:
Herognu wrote:Hmm not much of an argument....quite shallow actually. I think it's great he admits it, because when you admit something, at least you are aware of it. And one example; welll come on. 

It's a common known fact.  It's went on for years and years.  I'm not going to labor through the last two decades to show you all of the examples.  Neither this nor you are that important to me.   I'm sure that if you are so interested, you can take the time to surf these threads and find plenty of examples and where many other members here feel the same way.  Best of luck on your mission.

WTF: The perfect example of speaking oneself into....nothingness. Self-evident rubbish and not one true argument exept of:  "I'm sure"; "I'm not going to"; "there are plenty of examples" and bla. bla bla. 
Yea, yea, yea well you don¨t have to admit; we can all see                   emptiness              and                 no arguments 

Funny, I just realized that you're the same ass clown that started this thread.  You opened your post with a nice invitation for members to share their thoughts and opinions, and then when you don't like one, you troll the person?  I'll be a little more clear:  I couldn't give a f**k about your clown ass or supplying you with anything but a plug to keep any more ignorant shit from spewing out of it.   :like2

You might need to turn off AdBlock

"Posts not seen can never be recalled."-MajorBA

Herognu
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Herognu » Aug 11. 2017, 14:42

Right right right, still no arguments. 

Yes I invited to discussion and arguments but you never came with a single one and when asked for one the reaction was "I don't have time for you". What a load of ....

Tits
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Postby Tits » Aug 11. 2017, 15:02

Herognu wrote:Right right right, still no arguments. 

Yes I invited to discussion and arguments but you never came with a single one and when asked for one the reaction was "I don't have time for you". What a load of ....

He has addressed them in his podcast. You'll have to sift through them all.

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Aug 11. 2017, 16:11

MajorBA wrote:Image

Herognu wrote: Image

:fb

MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby MajorBA » Aug 11. 2017, 16:51

Herognu wrote:Right right right, still no arguments. 

Ok, Hopscotch.  You have the fight you're looking for.  The first article I provided a link to has not one, as you stated, but four examples that I agree with.  Here is another five for a total of nine just to get me warmed up.  If this does not meet your definition of "lots", just swing again and I will be obliged to completely dismantle you and the man who's balls you hug so tightly. :fb :like
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1102 ... ays-favors

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby detroit770 » Aug 11. 2017, 18:56

:fb Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!  :lol:
RIQUE CRUZ MARTINEZ

Herognu
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Herognu » Aug 12. 2017, 10:49

Rogan is of course not without errors and in fact the interesting thing about him is that he admits being biased.

1) That makes him a (honest?) human being and very interesting to listen to instead of saying: "Oh but I am totally neutral and just about fighters and I like everybody the same and bla. bla. bla.". That makes it for interesting discussions. The main point for me is that he is open about it.

2) It also gives him a oppurtunity to owe  up to his biases and prejudices (who evrerybody has...everybody) and take the whole discussion of what martial art/sport is to a new level.

One of the things that has given a positive development has been the breakup of the partnership between Rogan and Goldberg. I think it was way too low level with Goldberg standing for the "popular comments" and I was in fact a little bit tired of Rogan being the only one giving explanations to fighters actions. I think it was outdated and one sided.  I think in fact that Rogan lacts more in depth technically insight, which is not at all strange since he has not fought or been training others on a high level. To that side I think it has improved a lot having people like Brian Stann and Cruz giving their angles to techniques, tactically issues and not at least hov it is to be a fighter in there in certain situations.

One of things lost with the Rogan/Goldberg team is the passionate outcry when something happens. I think today they are struglíng finding a real spontain reaction when somebody has a submission/KO. Everything gets explained away so to speak, but I think it is a transitional period. 

But again I think the only one taking issues up from outside the ring, like existential and political issues is Rogan and that is not something like Brian Stann or others has the ability  to do (nor the interest properly). So the turn of events has overall been positiv for me with new stuff happening.

MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby MajorBA » Aug 12. 2017, 19:54

Herognu wrote:Rogan is of course not without errors and in fact the interesting thing about him is that he admits being biased.

1) That makes him a (honest?) human being and very interesting to listen to instead of saying: "Oh but I am totally neutral and just about fighters and I like everybody the same and bla. bla. bla.". That makes it for interesting discussions. The main point for me is that he is open about it.

2) It also gives him a oppurtunity to owe  up to his biases and prejudices (who evrerybody has...everybody) and take the whole discussion of what martial art/sport is to a new level.

One of the things that has given a positive development has been the breakup of the partnership between Rogan and Goldberg. I think it was way too low level with Goldberg standing for the "popular comments" and I was in fact a little bit tired of Rogan being the only one giving explanations to fighters actions. I think it was outdated and one sided.  I think in fact that Rogan lacts more in depth technically insight, which is not at all strange since he has not fought or been training others on a high level. To that side I think it has improved a lot having people like Brian Stann and Cruz giving their angles to techniques, tactically issues and not at least hov it is to be a fighter in there in certain situations.

One of things lost with the Rogan/Goldberg team is the passionate outcry when something happens. I think today they are struglíng finding a real spontain reaction when somebody has a submission/KO. Everything gets explained away so to speak, but I think it is a transitional period. 

But again I think the only one taking issues up from outside the ring, like existential and political issues is Rogan and that is not something like Brian Stann or others has the ability  to do (nor the interest properly). So the turn of events has overall been positiv for me with new stuff happening.

If you'll notice, I never said that I never liked Rogan, never listed any reasons why I do or don't like Rogan.  I mentioned that I'm tired of his commentary and gave two examples why.  Why or where you were running with it from there, I really don't know.

This is a nice piece you wrote here.  Pretty cool, actually.  Thank you for not getting back up off of the mat.  It's that much faster we can get on to why the part of my post concerning Rogan's biased commentary was all that you appeared fixated upon.  I should assume you are in agreement that his continuous mention of rules that he doesn't agree with and perhaps even does not understand is something people can get sick of hearing?

MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby MajorBA » Aug 15. 2017, 10:33

Going on 3 days  is with no reply.  I'll consider this a clean KO.

Return to “MMA TALK”