Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Tyron Woodley: If GSP doesn’t fight me, by default I will be the best welterweight of all-time

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Tyron Woodley: If GSP doesn’t fight me, by default I will be the best welterweight of all-time

Postby Kizzo » Jul 31. 2017, 10:35

Tyron Woodley wrote:[St-Pierre] should have to fight me. If you are the best welterweight of all time, you’re gonna come back into the sport and go up a weight class? I guarantee you if Demian Maia would have won, he would have been talking about fighting Demian Maia. I guarantee if Stephen Thompson would have won, he’d have been looking to fight Stephen Thompson. He doesn’t want to fight me because I’m a better version of him.  When was the last time Michael Bisping fought? Think about it. I fought four world title fights against actual No. 1 contenders. Has he ever fought a No. 1 contender? I fought the No. 1 contender twice. I fought the No. 1 contender after that. And I fought the world champion who was Robbie Lawler at the time before that. I’m the only one that’s going by the old set of rules. So if it’s not Georges St-Pierre, let him run. But guess what? Whoever you put in front of me, I’m gonna run through them, I’m gonna beat them, and if he does not fight me, by default I will be the best welterweight of all-time. The clarity should just be Georges. I don’t understand, you have an interim title right? Robert Whittaker just beat Yoel Romero. . . He deserves to fight Bisping next. How long is Bisping going to milk this knee injury? Is his knee severed or what the hell is going on? He should be fighting the No. 1 contenders like I’ve had to do.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/31/16067360/morning-report-tyron-woodley-georges-st-pierre-doesnt-fight-me-by-default-i-will-be-the-best-ww-ever

You might need to turn off AdBlock

Last edited by Kizzo on Jul 31. 2017, 10:39, edited 1 time in total.

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Re: Tyron Woodley: If GSP doesn’t fight me, by default I will be the best welterweight of all-time

Postby Kizzo » Jul 31. 2017, 10:37

WW GOAT :lol:

unmapped
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: Tyron Woodley: If GSP doesn’t fight me, by default I will be the best welterweight of all-time

Postby unmapped » Jul 31. 2017, 10:55

gsp already got face smashed by hendricks. bisping is the goat goat. back up 

Bakke
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Postby Bakke » Jul 31. 2017, 11:02

Woodley is the best WW right now. GOAT debate has always been stupid and always will be.
"Just because your nations history offends you doesn't mean you get to erase it." - Gerd Pape

Lukn4trbl
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Lukn4trbl » Jul 31. 2017, 11:47

If Woodley doesn't fight me, then I'm the best WW of all time.

That goes for Whittaker, Jones, and Miocic as well.

I think GSP is going for the money fight right now. He will probably find his way to McGregor before he fights Woodley.

Dana probably has the contract penciled out for a Conor vs. GSP superfight.
Baller Betting - It will make you cool.

CRIbaby
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby CRIbaby » Jul 31. 2017, 15:31

How can Woodley be the best when he just lost 2 fights to Stephen Thompson?  :lol:

CRIbaby
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby CRIbaby » Jul 31. 2017, 15:32

How can Woodley be the best when he just lost 2 fights to Stephen Thompson?  :lol:

JackHawk MMA
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Postby JackHawk MMA » Jul 31. 2017, 15:38

Lukn4trbl wrote:If Woodley doesn't fight me,  then I'm the best WW of all time.

That goes for Whittaker,  Jones,  and Miocic as well.

I think GSP is going for the money fight right now.   He will probably find his way to McGregor before he fights Woodley.

Dana probably has the contract penciled out for a Conor vs.  GSP superfight.

:laugh
you're the undisputed P4P king  :like
Brian Stann for President.

"f**k you George"

MMI - Northeast Squadron

bazzereth
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby bazzereth » Jul 31. 2017, 19:37

JackHawk MMA wrote:
Lukn4trbl wrote:If Woodley doesn't fight me,  then I'm the best WW of all time.

That goes for Whittaker,  Jones,  and Miocic as well.

I think GSP is going for the money fight right now.   He will probably find his way to McGregor before he fights Woodley.

Dana probably has the contract penciled out for a Conor vs.  GSP superfight.

you're the undisputed P4P king  :like

And then I call everyone out, no one accepts, because I'm a bum and they won't sell any tickets or make any money so I declare myself the master of the universe therefore dethroning He-Man.
But on a serious note, I can't respect his trying to convince everyone that he is the best of all time.  He has the belt, fine.  This is not a frickin election where you try to convince people that you are right and then win based on fake-news.  He is confusing being the best of all time, with being the best in a division that isn't too dangerous.  I'm looking at his wiki record right now and there's a loss against Rory MacDonald, Jake Shields, and Nate Marquardt.  Along with a draw against Stephen Thompson (the first fight).  None of this screams "Greatest of all time"
ok, lets compare apples to apples..  GSP, Loss to Matt Hughes, won the rematch(s).  Loss against Matt Serra, won the rematch.

GSP doesn't think he'll make much money fighting you (which is true)  Retired the champion and wants to come back for big money fights so Woodly declares himself th best of all time.  I think Woodly is trying to convince himself more than anyone.

Lukn4trbl
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Lukn4trbl » Jul 31. 2017, 20:16

[font="Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]He is confusing being the best of all time, with being the best in a division that isn't too dangerous. [/font]

Nicely put. 
He has some good kills on his resume,  but pales in comparison to Matt Hughes or GSP. 
Woodley needs to revamp his PR approach before he gets shut out totally by the fans.   It may already be too late and too much said;  it's tough to regain the respect of the fans once you lose it. 
Baller Betting - It will make you cool.

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Jul 31. 2017, 20:26

Woodley just broke the record for lowest strikes thrown.

GSP had a boring style, but Woodley takes the cake.

Mr S mkII
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Mr S mkII » Jul 31. 2017, 20:56

Kizzo wrote:Woodley just broke the record for lowest strikes thrown.

You think Woodley was boring? Jesus imagine GSP vs Maia. That would have been the worst fight of all time.

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Jul 31. 2017, 20:57

Mr S mkII wrote:
Kizzo wrote:Woodley just broke the record for lowest strikes thrown.

You think Woodley was boring? Jesus imagine GSP vs Maia. That would have been the worst fight of all time.

Rather see that. Atleast, GSP would have still thrown more punches than Woodley.

SkidMarxTheSpot
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby SkidMarxTheSpot » Jul 31. 2017, 22:17

Tyron Woodley wrote wrote:[St-Pierre] should have to fight me. If you are the best welterweight of all time, you’re gonna come back into the sport and go up a weight class? I guarantee you if Demian Maia would have won, he would have been talking about fighting Demian Maia. I guarantee if Stephen Thompson would have won, he’d have been looking to fight Stephen Thompson. He doesn’t want to fight me because I’m a better version of him.  When was the last time Michael Bisping fought? Think about it. I fought four world title fights against actual No. 1 contenders. Has he ever fought a No. 1 contender? I fought the No. 1 contender twice. I fought the No. 1 contender after that. And I fought the world champion who was Robbie Lawler at the time before that. I’m the only one that’s going by the old set of rules. So if it’s not Georges St-Pierre, let him run. But guess what? Whoever you put in front of me, I’m gonna run through them, I’m gonna beat them, and if he does not fight me, by default I will be the best welterweight of all-time. The clarity should just be Georges. I don’t understand, you have an interim title right? Robert Whittaker just beat Yoel Romero. . . He deserves to fight Bisping next. How long is Bisping going to milk this knee injury? Is his knee severed or what the hell is going on? He should be fighting the No. 1 contenders like I’ve had to do.”

"We the unwilling, led by the unqualified to kill the unfortunate, die for the ungrateful."

Woman! Wo-man! Wooooooaaaaahhh, man! She was a thief. You've got to believe. She stole my heart and my cat!

Return to “MMA TALK”