Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Rogan apologizes for interviewing ko'd fighter....***SPOILER***

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
The Oct
CRI President since CRI 91

Re: Rogan apologizes for interviewing ko'd fighter....***SPOILER***

Postby The Oct » Aug 1. 2017, 20:04

moose84 wrote:Let's see if Octavius will get where I'm coming from. I thought it was obvious.

Duuuhhh applesauce?

You might need to turn off AdBlock

"Behind these eyes, one finds, only darkness... These are the eyes, of a psychopath."
- Dr. Loomis

The Oct

Postby The Oct » Aug 1. 2017, 20:07

I'm gonna guess that you're disappointed in us cuz we're sympathizing with DC, after trash talking each other so much in LMS.

I hope that's not what it is though, cuz there's an easy counter argument against that.
"Behind these eyes, one finds, only darkness... These are the eyes, of a psychopath."
- Dr. Loomis

Jockey
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby Jockey » Aug 2. 2017, 05:56

Kizzo wrote:
Jockey wrote:
Kizzo wrote:They are thinking about the fighter's emotional and psychological state at that moment and thinking about that fighter's feelings at that time. Showing some consideration for the fighter.

Still I don't understand why... Junios dos Santos took two brutal beatings against Cain Velasquez in a row, and he was interviewed after those fights, and he talked as the champion he is and didn't start to cry as a baby. Lots of fighters have been interviewed after being KOed... and now it seems they have to take care about crying DC feelings... Losing is part of the game! What if they do the same in all sports? 

It depends on the situation. You have to look at that person and try to judge whether that person is in a good state to be interviewed and if it'll be appropriate. JDS seemed alright with it and wasn't as emotional so you go ahead and interview. DC didn't seem alright, wanted to leave, and was very emotional and devasted by the loss. Joe wanted to show him some sympathy.

I think the post-fight interview is part of the job. A really well payed job to him, by the way... All sportsmen are interviewed lose or win, and I really like to hear those interviews. He has to be professional, and he is not.

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Aug 2. 2017, 06:51

Jockey wrote:
Kizzo wrote:
Jockey wrote:Still I don't understand why... Junios dos Santos took two brutal beatings against Cain Velasquez in a row, and he was interviewed after those fights, and he talked as the champion he is and didn't start to cry as a baby. Lots of fighters have been interviewed after being KOed... and now it seems they have to take care about crying DC feelings... Losing is part of the game! What if they do the same in all sports? 

It depends on the situation. You have to look at that person and try to judge whether that person is in a good state to be interviewed and if it'll be appropriate. JDS seemed alright with it and wasn't as emotional so you go ahead and interview. DC didn't seem alright, wanted to leave, and was very emotional and devasted by the loss. Joe wanted to show him some sympathy.

I think the post-fight interview is part of the job. A really well payed job to him, by the way... All sportsmen are interviewed lose or win, and I really like to hear those interviews. He has to be professional, and he is not.

DC doesn't get paid for the interview. Sometimes it's appropriate not to interview the fighter at times and show some compassion. A part of being a human. People may just enjoy seeing the fighter in agony and force an interview out of them for their own selfish entertainment which is kind of wrong. You can always get a better feedback from the fighter later.

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Aug 2. 2017, 07:26

What was so bad about the interview anyway? is it because he cried? What he said was pretty hard hitting and sounded genuine to me.
Terms and conditions may apply.

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Aug 2. 2017, 07:32

Lukeo wrote:What was so bad about the interview anyway? is it because he cried? What he said was pretty hard hitting and sounded genuine to me.

Just saying when it looks like the fighter is in a bad emotional state and seems like he really doesn't want to do the interview at that time, shoving a mic in their face and forcing them to do it while completely ignoring their feelings and just thinking about your own entertainment so you can drill them with stupid questions like "how do you feel after the loss?" (which I always thought is a stupid question...I mean how do you think they'll feel :lol: ) could be wrong sometimes from a humanistic standpoint. Both Joe & DC are good guys though. DC was more emotional than he usually he is, but he ultimately did the interview unlike Ronda (but then again nobody blocked Ronda from going out). And Joe's a good guy because him & DC know each other a bit since they commentate together and Joe was considering his feelings.

Jockey
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby Jockey » Aug 2. 2017, 11:39

Kizzo wrote:
Jockey wrote:
Kizzo wrote:It depends on the situation. You have to look at that person and try to judge whether that person is in a good state to be interviewed and if it'll be appropriate. JDS seemed alright with it and wasn't as emotional so you go ahead and interview. DC didn't seem alright, wanted to leave, and was very emotional and devasted by the loss. Joe wanted to show him some sympathy.

DC doesn't get paid for the interview. Sometimes it's appropriate not to interview the fighter at times and show some compassion. A part of being a human. People may just enjoy seeing the fighter in agony and force an interview out of them for their own selfish entertainment which is kind of wrong. You can always get a better feedback from the fighter later.

IMO, every fighter gets paid for fighting, and for making the promo, and for the interviews and even for wearing those Reebok clothes on. I agree you can show some compassion if there's any special reason to show it, but if you start crying only because you have lost the fight, you should be professional and make those interviews. Most of fights have a loser, and I don't like that game of  "I'll be interviewed only if I win, because if I lose I'll start crying as a baby and then you'll have to leave me alone". This is a sport and you win some, you lose some, and if you're not able to assume that, this sport is not for you. He reminds me a frustrated little child, and I can'r stand it...

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Aug 2. 2017, 12:24

Jockey wrote:I agree you can show some compassion if there's any special reason to show it

There was special reason. If you followed DC's story leading up to this fight, you'd understand how big of a deal this was to him. No one really told Joe to apologize. Joe felt compassion for DC on his own and felt guilty by his own conscience that he felt compelled to apologize. Also, DC still did the interview anyway so...it's all good.

moose84
News Pimp
News Pimp
Location: 6x CRI Champ - XV~LX~LXXX~LXXXI~CVII~CXV, 10x VIP Invitational Champ, 2x LMS Champ - I & VIII

Postby moose84 » Aug 2. 2017, 16:28

Kizzo wrote:
moose84 wrote:
Kizzo wrote:Why bro?

Let's see if Octavius will get where I'm coming from. I thought it was obvious. Nothing bad though.

BINGO!!!

The Oct wrote:I'm gonna guess that you're disappointed in us cuz  we're sympathizing with DC, after trash talking each other so much in LMS.  

I hope that's not what it is though, cuz there's an easy counter argument against that.

*facepalm gif*

You guys were talking about DC memes so I was hoping to see how funny they were, but you guys no show any  :cry:

So me no hespect you, me disappoint  :lol:
LEATHER, ITS WHATS FOR DINNER! - PAT MILETICH

WHO WANTS A KO FOR CHRISTMAS! - FRANK SHAMROCK

MMI & OCT VS. DPI & GUS - MEXICAN STANDOFF

The Oct

Postby The Oct » Aug 2. 2017, 18:03

I never would have guessed that's what you were getting at in a billion years.  No dis-hespect intended
- Dr. Loomis

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Aug 2. 2017, 18:26

Kizzo wrote:
Lukeo wrote:What was so bad about the interview anyway? is it because he cried? What he said was pretty hard hitting and sounded genuine to me.

Just saying when it looks like the fighter is in a bad emotional state and seems like he really doesn't want to do the interview at that time, shoving a mic in their face and forcing them to do it while completely ignoring their feelings and just thinking about your own entertainment so you can drill them with stupid questions like "how do you feel after the loss?" (which I always thought is a stupid question...I mean how do you think they'll feel :lol: ) could be wrong sometimes from a humanistic standpoint. Both Joe & DC are good guys though. DC was more emotional than he usually he is, but he ultimately did the interview unlike Ronda (but then again nobody blocked Ronda from going out). And Joe's a good guy because him & DC know each other a bit since they commentate together and Joe was considering his feelings.

Totally agree it wasn't great or necessary but I don't see it as a big deal. People are being over sensitive & too politically correct on the issue. That's all..

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Aug 2. 2017, 22:36

Lukeo wrote:
Kizzo wrote:

Totally agree it wasn't great or necessary but I don't see it as a big deal. People are being over sensitive & too politically correct on the issue. That's all..

I don't see it that way. It's part of being human to be compassionate towards others. So it's understandable for DC not want to do it, and for Joe not to want to do something that went against his conscience. Though in this case, DC was eventually forced to do it, I wouldn't have minded if they didn't do the interview in this case.

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Aug 2. 2017, 22:39

Kizzo wrote:
Lukeo wrote:
Kizzo wrote:Just saying when it looks like the fighter is in a bad emotional state and seems like he really doesn't want to do the interview at that time, shoving a mic in their face and forcing them to do it while completely ignoring their feelings and just thinking about your own entertainment so you can drill them with stupid questions like "how do you feel after the loss?" (which I always thought is a stupid question...I mean how do you think they'll feel :lol: ) could be wrong sometimes from a humanistic standpoint. Both Joe & DC are good guys though. DC was more emotional than he usually he is, but he ultimately did the interview unlike Ronda (but then again nobody blocked Ronda from going out). And Joe's a good guy because him & DC know each other a bit since they commentate together and Joe was considering his feelings.

I don't see it that way. It's part of being human to be compassionate towards others. So it's understandable for DC not want to do it, and for Joe not to want to do something that went against his conscience. Though in this case, DC was eventually forced to do it, I wouldn't have minded if they didn't do the interview in this case.

I agree, I just don't see it is a big deal. 

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Aug 2. 2017, 22:42

Lukeo wrote:
Kizzo wrote:
Lukeo wrote:Totally agree it wasn't great or necessary but I don't see it as a big deal. People are being over sensitive & too politically correct on the issue. That's all..

I agree, I just don't see it is a big deal. 

I don't see what's the big deal of Joe apologizing and what DC did either.

Return to “MMA TALK”