Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Rogan apologizes for interviewing ko'd fighter....***SPOILER***

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Re: Rogan apologizes for interviewing ko'd fighter....***SPOILER***

Postby Kizzo » Jul 31. 2017, 06:05

Lukeo wrote:They should of let him leave the cage in the first place. Everyone was pushing him back in for some reason? What was the point of pushing him back in if it wasn't for the interview?

I don't think it was for getting the doctors to check up on him so it was most likely for the interview and they did succeed in forcing him to do it. And then Rogan & DW said they didn't like interviewing guys after getting KO'd while interviewing him. :lol:

You might need to turn off AdBlock

Jockey
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby Jockey » Jul 31. 2017, 07:21

Maybe I don't undestand because I'm not English speaker, but... why shouldn't Joe interview a KOed fighter? It use to be very interesting to hear what a loser fighter says after a match... And DC should stop crying for once...

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Jul 31. 2017, 07:41

Jockey wrote:Maybe I don't undestand because I'm not English speaker, but... why shouldn't Joe interview a KOed fighter? It use to be very interesting to hear what a loser fighter says after a match... And DC should stop crying for once...

They are thinking about the fighter's emotional and psychological state at that moment and thinking about that fighter's feelings at that time. Showing some consideration for the fighter.

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Jul 31. 2017, 10:22

Lukeo wrote:They should of let him leave the cage in the first place. Everyone was pushing him back in for some reason? What was the point of pushing him back in if it wasn't for the interview?

To stand in his place while the decision is announced I guess, and the interview.
Old habits die slow, guess they have the order to avoid another Forrest situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

Jockey
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby Jockey » Jul 31. 2017, 12:01

Kizzo wrote:
Jockey wrote:Maybe I don't undestand because I'm not English speaker, but... why shouldn't Joe interview a KOed fighter? It use to be very interesting to hear what a loser fighter says after a match... And DC should stop crying for once...

They are thinking about the fighter's emotional and psychological state at that moment and thinking about that fighter's feelings at that time. Showing some consideration for the fighter.

Still I don't understand why... Junios dos Santos took two brutal beatings against Cain Velasquez in a row, and he was interviewed after those fights, and he talked as the champion he is and didn't start to cry as a baby. Lots of fighters have been interviewed after being KOed... and now it seems they have to take care about crying DC feelings... Losing is part of the game! What if they do the same in all sports?

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Jul 31. 2017, 14:11

Terms and conditions may apply.

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Jul 31. 2017, 15:38

Jockey wrote:
Kizzo wrote:

Still I don't understand why... Junios dos Santos took two brutal beatings against Cain Velasquez in a row, and he was interviewed after those fights, and he talked as the champion he is and didn't start to cry as a baby. Lots of fighters have been interviewed after being KOed... and now it seems they have to take care about crying DC feelings... Losing is part of the game! What if they do the same in all sports?

Yeah, for some reason people see him as a person that can do or say no wrong. I find it really weird because he seems like a bully to me, a bully that sooks when things don't go his way. In my eyes he a really good fighter, that's about it. He tragically lost a daughter in 2003 in a car accident. I think this has something to do with it.

Jon Jones is obviously a mad man, a real prick that has little to no regard for others but DC's constant attack on his personal character wasn't any better in my eyes. He would have been much better off just leaving all of that out of it by saying nothing other than attacking his in fight behaviour (eye pokes, kicks to the knees etc.). Now all that has come back to bite him on the arse.

This whole grudge match was a train wreck for DC. The interview only made the situation worse for him. Imagine how humiliating the whole thing would be! It's only natural for good hearted people to want to see that humiliation kept to a minimum.

Remember how eloquently Randy Couture spoke after he got KO'ed by Machida in his last fight. Now I realise that DC was badly hurt but Joe gave him a chance at redemption. If he was able to praise Jon and be a little humble he would of made the situation better for himself. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Jul 31. 2017, 18:39

Jockey wrote:
Kizzo wrote:

It depends on the situation. You have to look at that person and try to judge whether that person is in a good state to be interviewed and if it'll be appropriate. JDS seemed alright with it and wasn't as emotional so you go ahead and interview. DC didn't seem alright, wanted to leave, and was very emotional and devasted by the loss. Joe wanted to show him some sympathy.

moose84
News Pimp
News Pimp
Location: 6x CRI Champ - XV~LX~LXXX~LXXXI~CVII~CXV, 10x VIP Invitational Champ, 2x LMS Champ - I & VIII

Postby moose84 » Jul 31. 2017, 20:04

Kizzo wrote:Those memes & gifs have already taken off.

The Oct wrote:This will feed the internet with memes and gifs of DC's sorrow even more. Unfortunate, but that's how it goes i guess.

Kizzo wrote:Feel bad for DC, but the meme and gifs tho...

you guys disappoint me....
LEATHER, ITS WHATS FOR DINNER! - PAT MILETICH

WHO WANTS A KO FOR CHRISTMAS! - FRANK SHAMROCK

MMI & OCT VS. DPI & GUS - MEXICAN STANDOFF

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Jul 31. 2017, 20:13

moose84 wrote:

The Oct wrote:This will feed the internet with memes and gifs of DC's sorrow even more.  Unfortunate, but that's how it goes i guess.

Why bro?

Confirmation
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Confirmation » Jul 31. 2017, 20:15

The blonde spoke well

moose84
News Pimp
News Pimp
Location: 6x CRI Champ - XV~LX~LXXX~LXXXI~CVII~CXV, 10x VIP Invitational Champ, 2x LMS Champ - I & VIII

Postby moose84 » Jul 31. 2017, 21:41

Kizzo wrote:
moose84 wrote:

The Oct wrote:This will feed the internet with memes and gifs of DC's sorrow even more.  Unfortunate, but that's how it goes i guess.

Why bro?

Let's see if Octavius will get where I'm coming from. I thought it was obvious. Nothing bad though.
LEATHER, ITS WHATS FOR DINNER! - PAT MILETICH

WHO WANTS A KO FOR CHRISTMAS! - FRANK SHAMROCK

MMI & OCT VS. DPI & GUS - MEXICAN STANDOFF

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Jul 31. 2017, 21:50

moose84 wrote:
Kizzo wrote:
moose84 wrote:

Why bro?

Let's see if Octavius will get where I'm coming from. I thought it was obvious. Nothing bad though.

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Aug 1. 2017, 00:45

Return to “MMA TALK”