Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Will the crowd and media boo Conor if he doesn’t take the fight to Mayweather?

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.

No
40%
Yes
60%

Total votes: 5

rique000
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby rique000 » Jul 30. 2017, 13:52

Mayweather is a defensive fighter and the champion. 

So, it’s all up to Conor to be the aggressor in the fight.

What if he’s not? 

Will the crowd and media boo Conor for lack of aggression if the fight turn’s into just a walk down fest? 

You might need to turn off AdBlock

My ownage and reign over MMASHARE deplorables is sacrosanct.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60731&start=9800

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: Will the crowd and media boo Conor if he doesn’t take the fight to Mayweather?

Postby detroit770 » Jul 30. 2017, 17:31

RIQUE CRUZ MARTINEZ

The Oct
CRI President since CRI 91

Re: Will the crowd and media boo Conor if he doesn’t take the fight to Mayweather?

Postby The Oct » Jul 30. 2017, 17:35

detroit770 wrote:Image

:laugh
"Behind these eyes, one finds, only darkness... These are the eyes, of a psychopath."
- Dr. Loomis

The Oct

Postby The Oct » Jul 30. 2017, 17:39

No offense rique, but this is definitely not a topic deserving of its own thread. But to stay on topic....

Maybe.
"Behind these eyes, one finds, only darkness... These are the eyes, of a psychopath."
- Dr. Loomis

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby detroit770 » Jul 30. 2017, 17:46

The Oct wrote:No offense rique, but this is definitely not a topic deserving of its own thread.  But to stay on topic....

Maybe.

This thread will end  in  :cry:  
Trust me  ;)
:lol:
Last edited by detroit770 on Jul 30. 2017, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
RIQUE CRUZ MARTINEZ

Bakke
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Postby Bakke » Jul 30. 2017, 17:47

The Oct wrote:No offense rique, but this is definitely not a topic deserving of its own thread.  But to stay on topic....

Maybe.

Maybe should definitely be added to the poll. Also a "not sure" would be nice.
"Just because your nations history offends you doesn't mean you get to erase it." - Gerd Pape

The Oct

Postby The Oct » Jul 30. 2017, 17:50

Bakke wrote:

Maybe.

and don't forget about "who gives a fuk".
- Dr. Loomis

Kronlk
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Postby Kronlk » Jul 30. 2017, 18:10

Only if Conor gets a deep tan before hand.
How taste my peepee.

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Jul 30. 2017, 18:47

rique000 wrote:Mayweather is a defensive fighter and the champion.

Mayweather is not champion anymore. He retired 2 years ago.

Yes, he's a defensive fighter, but he has displayed different degrees of aggressiveness in the past depending on the opponent. So whether he'll come out more aggressively in this fight or less aggressively is yet to be seen. However, based on what he has said, many are expecting him to come out more aggressively in this fight.

So, it’s all up to Conor to be the aggressor in the fight. What if he’s not?

In your own words, "the fight turn's into just a walk down fest."

Will the crowd and media boo Conor for lack of aggression if the fight turn’s into just a walk down fest?

The crowd can boo for different reasons. They can be booing both fighters for each fighter promising to knock one another out and not fighting. Or they can be booing Conor for not being more aggressive. Or they can be booing Mayweather for acting like chicken shit against a 0-0 boxer. It depends on what actually happens and the person booing. I'm not a mind reader.

The question is...why is this important to you?
Last edited by Kizzo on Jul 30. 2017, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Jul 30. 2017, 18:56

The Oct wrote:
Bakke wrote:

Maybe.

and don't forget about "who gives a fuk".

Agreed.
Shit quality thread and poll, but not surprising given who is OP.

rique000
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby rique000 » Jul 30. 2017, 19:20

Maybe.

It seems like a lot of "MMA fans" are booing at fights now if there isn't a lot of action.

What if Conor doesn't press the action at all for the whole fight against Mayweather?

He's already getting paid even if he loses and he gets to say that he went all the way with Mayweather, plus he leaves the decision in the hands of the judges which you never know how that's going to wind up, if you know what I'm saying.

There is no maybe here. 

Will MMAshare "fans" boo Conor's inaction or will they cheer his "intelligence" for surviving the fight with Mayweather?

My ownage and reign over MMASHARE deplorables is sacrosanct.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60731&start=9800

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Jul 30. 2017, 19:41

rique000 wrote:It seems like a lot of "MMA fans" are booing at fights now if there isn't a lot of action.

That's because they paid money to see action, and there wasn't a lot of action. Duh!

What if Conor doesn't press the action at all for the whole fight against Mayweather?

What if a meteor strikes the earth tomorrow? And why does Conor have to be only one pushing the action? Mayweather said he was going to KO Conor right? Mayweather doesn't get a free pass here.
He's already getting paid even if he loses

Mayweather is getting paid too even if he loses.
and he gets to say that he went all the way with Mayweather, plus he leaves the decision in the hands of the judges which you never know how that's going to wind up, if you know what I'm saying. There is no maybe here.

The "maybe" was in reference to your poll question, dummy..."Will the crowd and media boo Conor if he doesn’t take the fight to Mayweather?"
They may boo, they may not boo. You even considered the possibility of the crowd not booing with your "No" option.
Will MMAshare "fans" boo Conor's inaction or will they cheer his "intelligence" for surviving the fight with Mayweather?

Will rique boo Conor's inaction or will rique cheer Conor's intelligence?

The Oct

Postby The Oct » Jul 30. 2017, 19:52

rique000 wrote:

Maybe.

It seems like a lot of "MMA fans" are booing at fights now if there isn't a lot of action.

He's already getting paid even if he loses and he gets to say that he went all the way with Mayweather, plus he leaves the decision in the hands of the judges which you never know how that's going to wind up, if you know what I'm saying.

There is no maybe here. 

ok, well that question at the end is closer to being a thread worthy topic.

If Conor opts to just survive and go the distance/fight at a very slow pace, will MMA fans like or dislike his approach?

And to that I would say that it probably depends on how successfully that approach works out. Most likely it won't work well, so the answer would probably be that the fans will boo him....

I'm trying to work with you rique, but I'm already regretting even commenting on this. :lol:
- Dr. Loomis

Return to “MMA TALK”