Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Woodley vs. Maia title fight official for UFC 214 *POLL*

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.

Who ya got!?

Poll ended at Aug 1. 2017, 10:55

Woodley
50%
Maia
50%

Total votes: 16

Hobonauts
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Re: Woodley vs. Maia title fight official for UFC 214 *POLL*

Postby Hobonauts » Jun 30. 2017, 17:19

I take it :D

You might need to turn off AdBlock

Google me, Butch!

I'm a Rousey fan. You may like her or not, but she is an exciting fighter, making her opponents look amateur over and over.

** AV changed due to management suggestion. Sorry butt_cheeks! **

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Jul 1. 2017, 06:40

sabo wrote:
Gogh wrote:
sabo wrote:I cant believe anyone thinks Maia has a chance here?  TW has too much power for him, Maia is gonna get KTFO.

maia has been ko'ed once in 31 fights and that was 8 years ago when he would telegraph a lazy left high kick at the start of his fights

i think woodley's cardio is a bigger factor here. maia ties him up and makes woodley grapple for a few minutes then we will have a dc vs rumble situation

I lol at this,
lets do an avatar bet, the winner chooses the losers avatar (anything) for a month. 
TW is too strong for Maia. Hes gonna blast him into blackout land.  I respect Maia, I see him as one of the best, but he cant handle the power of TW.  Hes going go for a takedown and hes gonna get smashed into lala land.
And TW just has to follow the same thing masvdol did, I am guessing you wont take this bet after all.

Hmm, I think you might be right.. Masvidal beat the crap out of Maia and it went to a split dec.
Terms and conditions may apply.

JackHawk MMA
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Postby JackHawk MMA » Jul 1. 2017, 17:16

I see a lot of boring standoffs with Maia slowy trying to stalk his way into the clinch and Woodley fainting while he circles away from the fence... maybe like 3 strikes per round with be thrown on the feet for Woodley cuz he'll be afraid of the clinch even though I think he'll ragdoll Maia there....

I think this will be a boring decision with Woodley winning almost the same way the second Wonderboy fight went.... or he catches Maia early and end the show.

It's an interesting fight stylistically, but I don't see it being a "good" fight.
Brian Stann for President.

"f**k you George"

MMI - Northeast Squadron

RICH_DOGPAIL
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
Location: DOGPAIL INDUSTRIES: A legendary movement run by Phteves

Postby RICH_DOGPAIL » Jul 2. 2017, 18:27

JackHawk MMA wrote:I see a lot of boring standoffs with Maia slowy trying to stalk his way into the clinch and Woodley fainting while he circles away from the fence... maybe like 3 strikes per round with be thrown on the feet for Woodley cuz he'll be afraid of the clinch even though I think he'll ragdoll Maia there....

I think this will be a boring decision with Woodley winning almost the same way the second Wonderboy fight went.... or he catches Maia early and end the show.

It's an interesting fight stylistically, but I don't see it being a "good" fight.

Me too not excited for this fight or jbj- DC rematch... I'm losing faith in a lot of the divisions

JackHawk MMA
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Postby JackHawk MMA » Jul 2. 2017, 18:43

RICH_DOGPAIL wrote:
JackHawk MMA wrote:I see a lot of boring standoffs with Maia slowy trying to stalk his way into the clinch and Woodley fainting while he circles away from the fence... maybe like 3 strikes per round with be thrown on the feet for Woodley cuz he'll be afraid of the clinch even though I think he'll ragdoll Maia there....

Me too not excited for this fight or jbj- DC rematch... I'm losing faith in a lot of the divisions

I dunno man, I thought Jones - DC 1 was a good fight, I'm looking forward to see how all the variables play out (Jon being out long, DC being active and confident, Jon's mom just died, etc) 
I'm expecting a 5 round war, like fight of the year type quality  :like
Brian Stann for President.

"f**k you George"

MMI - Northeast Squadron

RICH_DOGPAIL
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
Location: DOGPAIL INDUSTRIES: A legendary movement run by Phteves

Postby RICH_DOGPAIL » Jul 2. 2017, 20:25

^^^^

Hope you're right, not gonna be a ppv for me tho

Mr S mkII
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Mr S mkII » Jul 3. 2017, 03:01

I'm looking forward to it. I don't think it will be a 'good' fight neccesarily but I think there is a great chance of a finish. Also, the fact that the strengths of the fighters are so different, there will always be intrigue and tension.
Maia doesn't really do paitience while on the feet. He just comes forward with no setup and muscles a guy down. If it works, he probably gets an early sub or at least puts on a clinic. If it doesn't, as I expect it not to, he is probably getting sparked.

sabo
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby sabo » Jul 3. 2017, 12:42

good fight is totally subjective statement

if your talking a lot of punches, then no it probably wont be that.  And Wolly has a blueprint to train on how to fight maia now.
I would love to see Maia beat TW as I am not a big fan of his, but I just think TW has too much power.  Hes short shots will knock Maia into lala land.  I dont see Maia as one whos good at avoiding punches, he like to east shots to get a good position.  I just dont think he can eat what TW is going to bring.

But I cant completely count maia out, if he does get the back, I could see TW going to sleep.  I just think with maia's last fight, TW will see exactly what he has to do to beat maia.

Maia is always interesting to watch, hes ground skills are second to none pretty much.  I just dont see him good at takedowns, or punching.  TW has shown he can be patient as he was with Wonderboy.

I think it will be a good fight, just not a lot of fireworks.  I really think Maia is gonna get KO/TKO here.
mind-wars.com ~

"MMA kicks and throws will break your bones, but names will never hurt you...."

sabo
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby sabo » Jul 30. 2017, 14:33

boy was I wrong, lol, what a boring fight.  I thought TW would mix it up some and use his power.  Probably one of the few times I agree with Dana that who wants to watch TW fight??  I guess I cant blame him for fighting safe, its just not very entertaining.  Its like watching someone  dry hump his opponent for 25 min.
mind-wars.com ~

"MMA kicks and throws will break your bones, but names will never hurt you...."

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Jul 31. 2017, 02:57

sabo wrote:boy was I wrong, lol, what a boring fight.  I thought TW would mix it up some and use his power.  Probably one of the few times I agree with Dana that who wants to watch TW fight??  I guess I cant blame him for fighting safe, its just not very entertaining.  Its like watching someone  dry hump his opponent for 25 min.

Same! It was more like keepings off (the belt) rather than a fight. I did agree with some of what he said afterwards though. 
Terms and conditions may apply.

Return to “MMA TALK”