Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

OFFICIAL Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather *LIVE EVENT/News/Discussion*

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.

Who will win?

Poll runs till Aug 26. 2017, 23:06

Mayweather RD 1 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 2 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 3 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 4 TKO/KO
4%
Mayweather RD 5 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 6 TKO/KO
9%
Mayweather RD 7 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 8 TKO/KO
13%
Mayweather RD 9 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 10 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 11 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 12 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather DECISION
9%
Conor RD 1 TKO/KO
9%
Conor RD 2 TKO/KO
9%
Conor RD 3 TKO/KO
22%
Conor RD 4 TKO/KO
9%
Conor RD 5 TKO/KO
No votes
Conor RD 6 TKO/KO
9%
Conor RD 7 TKO/KO
No votes
Conor RD 8 TKO/KO
4%
Conor RD 9 TKO/KO
No votes
Conor RD 10 TKO/KO
No votes
Conor RD 11 TKO/KO
No votes
Conor RD 12 TKO/KO
No votes
Conor DECISION
4%
Draw
No votes

Total votes: 23

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Re: OFFICIAL Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather *News Updates/Discussion*

Postby Kizzo » Aug 12. 2017, 05:09

xSamWaynex wrote:
Kizzo wrote:
ikor wrote:I hope McGregor's workout is a joke. I see stiffness... it's good they release sparring footage, that looks much better:

Really? I thought he moved better than Mayweather during the workout. Mayweather looked flat-footed in his workout. Anyway, workout and fighting/sparring are 2 different things.

I think it's all about perspective and which fighter you favor. Those that like Conor will see the things he does and give him credit for those things. Those that like Mayweather, or perhaps simply dislike Conor, will see the things that Floyd does and give him credit for those things. When I look at both of them, and their fighting styles it's apparent who the better pure boxer is, and of course that's Floyd. Floyd has been doing it his whole life. That's a blessing and a curse. The blessing is very apparent. The curse however is that it can cause him to become rigid and stagnant in his approach instead of being able to conform to newer approaches to the game.

I agree that Floyd is the better boxer. For obvious reasons. I just don't think Conor's workout was that bad.

You might need to turn off AdBlock

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby detroit770 » Aug 12. 2017, 05:11

Lukeo wrote:Paulie needs to be removed from the commentary panel in light of all this crap.

Ranallo & Paulie... pisses me off.

Given the video evidence that has come to light, I think it will be the icing on the cake.
Gets an ass whoopin' from a guy AND having to call the fight is as good as another ass whoopin' if you ask me  :oops: :lol: :c
RIQUE CRUZ MARTINEZ

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby detroit770 » Aug 12. 2017, 05:33

RIQUE CRUZ MARTINEZ

lokischild
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby lokischild » Aug 12. 2017, 05:43

No he clearly got hit hard, but the fall did not come from punches, but from losing balance. After the dodge motion he is off balance, then as he tries to stabilize his head is pushed or held down, which makes him fall. Just to detail my opinion more, but I don't want to discuss this much further

Of course we will all see, just that buying into the words as if they are supposed to mean what they say....no, it is ALL. COMPLETELY marketing, selling, promoting. Coner probably believes his words, anybody pushinglimits needs to. But if you set aside the emotional stuff and look at the facts: mayweather is the grandmaster, best of the best, 30 years of success on the highest level, with great work ethic. mcgregor is a boxing newbie with overconvidence. and great work ethic. logic dictates mcgregor cannot win. it would be a miracle, the fluke of the century, glitch in the matrix

xSamWaynex
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby xSamWaynex » Aug 12. 2017, 06:07

lokischild wrote:No he clearly got hit hard, but the fall did not come from punches, but from losing balance. After the dodge motion he is off balance, then as he tries to stabilize his head is pushed or held down, which makes him fall. Just to detail my opinion more, but I don't want to discuss this much further

Of course we will all see, just that buying into the words as if they are supposed to mean what they say....no, it is ALL. COMPLETELY marketing, selling, promoting. Coner probably believes his words, anybody pushinglimits needs to. But if you set aside the emotional stuff and look at the facts: mayweather is the grandmaster, best of the best, 30 years of success on the highest level, with great work ethic. mcgregor is a boxing newbie with overconvidence. and great work ethic. logic dictates mcgregor cannot win. it would be a miracle, the fluke of the century, glitch in the matrix

Again man I don't see how you could see that as a "push down." Conor landed a good left which caused Paulie to get off balance, and then as Paulie was rocked Conor landed a short right hand. At no point in time did Conor actually place his hand on top of Paulie's head and push in a downward motion. THAT is what would be considered a "push down." Conor knocked Paulie down, and that is clear to anyone who is looking at the video objectively. What you had to say shows you are not being objective. By using phrases like "miracle", "fluke of the century" and "glitch in the matrix" you show yourself to also not be logical in this situation either. Logic would dictate that Conor has a 50/50 chance of winning this fight as there are only two people fighting. What you stated wasn't logical, it was an observation based partially on bias, which is pretty much the opposite of logic as logic doesn't involve emotion or preconceived notions brought on by emotion.
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Aug 12. 2017, 06:14

lokischild wrote:No he clearly got hit hard, but the fall did not come from punches, but from losing balance. After the dodge motion he is off balance, then as he tries to stabilize his head is pushed or held down, which makes him fall. Just to detail my opinion more, but I don't want to discuss this much further

Every fight has a marketing component (e.g. GGG vs. Canelo, Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, Conor vs. Aldo, etc.)
Mayweather is also 40 years old. Slower. Been out of ring for 2 years. Has struggled with Southpaws. Conor will be the bigger fighter with longer reach with 20 lbs. on him. Has heavier hands. Quicker. Floyd has never fought Conor's style of boxing. Floyd will be fighting more offensively than he usually does. It won't be a miracle, fluke, etc. or whatever. If it happens, it'll be because you read Conor wrong.

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Aug 12. 2017, 06:42

Paulie editing wiki now! ;)

Terms and conditions may apply.

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Aug 12. 2017, 07:03

Terms and conditions may apply.

Poochie
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Poochie » Aug 12. 2017, 07:20

16:00 "push" :lol:
"Who the fook is that guy?" - Conor McGregor
"I'd like to apologize... to absolutely nobody!" - Conor McGregor

Dis E_pline
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Dis E_pline » Aug 12. 2017, 07:26

Paulie got embarrassed he s lucky to be alive and well.
McG will surprise a lot of ppl no doubt

lokischild
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby lokischild » Aug 12. 2017, 07:27

xSamWaynex wrote:Again man I don't see how you could see that as a "push down." Conor landed a good left which caused Paulie to get off balance, and then as Paulie was rocked Conor landed a short right hand.

Ok, the left lands, paulie was rolling/trying to dodge it and so is off balance. Now. The left stays at his head, hindering him from moving his head to find balance again, simeltaneously the right hits. But not that hard, look at how paulie falls and instantly is getting up, that's no knockdown because of getting rattled, sorry.

lokischild
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby lokischild » Aug 12. 2017, 07:38

Kizzo wrote:

Every fight has a marketing component (e.g. GGG vs. Canelo, Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, Conor vs. Aldo, etc.)
Mayweather is also 40 years old. Slower. Been out of ring for 2 years. Has struggled with Southpaws. Conor will be the bigger fighter with longer reach with 20 lbs. on him. Has heavier hands. Quicker. Floyd has never fought Conor's style of boxing. Floyd will be fighting more offensively than he usually does. It won't be a miracle, fluke, etc. or whatever. If it happens, it'll be because you read Conor wrong.

That would matter in a boxing match of boxing newbies. Not against one of  if not the greatest of all time. Foreman was what, over fifty when he still had major wins? Those skills attained from 2 years age onwards, crafted in a lifetime, staying at the very top for 20+ years, do not go away in 2 years of taking it easy, that's a hilarious thought.
Did you pay attention on how fit mayweather still is? How snappy his punches are, i'm inclined to say, in contrast of mcgregor's?
What magic moves do you mcgregor lovers think he possesses, to beat such a  boxer of the highest caliber? I mean if those moves existed, *some* boxers should have found them, as it is about winning, not about how you do it, correct?
See it as it is, mcgregor will with incredible high chances get his beating together with 100 million and will probably, sadly, never fight in the ufc again. why would he, he is a made man and smart in that regard. unless it is a multi million fight, which is hard to imagine in the ufc.

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby detroit770 » Aug 12. 2017, 07:40

RIQUE CRUZ MARTINEZ

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Aug 12. 2017, 07:52

lokischild wrote:That would matter in a boxing match of boxing newbies. Not against one of  if not the greatest of all time. Foreman was what, over fifty when he still had major wins? Those skills attained from 2 years age onwards, crafted in a lifetime, staying at the very top for 20+ years, do not go away in 2 years of taking it easy, that's a hilarious thought.

On the contrary:
phpBB [video]

lokischild wrote:Did you pay attention on how fit mayweather still is?

Did you pay attention on how fit Conor is?
lokischild wrote:How snappy his punches are, i'm inclined to say, in contrast of mcgregor's?

Subjective at best. A more objective measure such as speed measuring instrument would be more telling.
lokischild wrote:What magic moves do you mcgregor lovers think he possesses, to beat such a  boxer of the highest caliber? I mean if those moves existed, *some* boxers should have found them, as it is about winning, not about how you do it, correct?

And there goes the problem with the logic of you Floyd lovers. Floyd knows and is familiar with all the attacks that come from boxing stances & styles. Floyd hasn't seen the attacks that come from other martial arts stances. That's what Conor brings along with Conor's fight IQ and his understanding of Floyd's movements.
lokischild wrote:See it as it is, mcgregor will with incredible high chances get his beating together with 100 million and will probably, sadly, never fight in the ufc again. why would he, he is a made man and smart in that regard. unless it is a multi million fight, which is hard to imagine in the ufc.

No, you don't see it as it is. All you see is an outcome based on your own assumptions/calculations. We see it as it is when the fight happens. So we'll see then.

Return to “MMA TALK”