Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

OFFICIAL Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather *LIVE EVENT/News/Discussion*

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.

Who will win?

Poll runs till Aug 26. 2017, 23:06

Mayweather RD 1 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 2 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 3 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 4 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 5 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 6 TKO/KO
7%
Mayweather RD 7 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 8 TKO/KO
20%
Mayweather RD 9 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 10 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 11 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 12 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather DECISION
13%
Conor RD 1 TKO/KO
13%
Conor RD 2 TKO/KO
13%
Conor RD 3 TKO/KO
13%
Conor RD 4 TKO/KO
7%
Conor RD 5 TKO/KO
No votes
Conor RD 6 TKO/KO
13%
Conor RD 7 TKO/KO
No votes
Conor RD 8 TKO/KO
No votes
Conor RD 9 TKO/KO
No votes
Conor RD 10 TKO/KO
No votes
Conor RD 11 TKO/KO
No votes
Conor RD 12 TKO/KO
No votes
Conor DECISION
No votes
Draw
No votes

Total votes: 15

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: OFFICIAL Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather *News Updates/Discussion*

Postby detroit770 » Aug 13. 2017, 08:44

Lukn4trbl wrote:My,  my,  my. ..

Now the tables are turning from, " he can't land a punch" to "that's an out of shape Paulie".

Most of the Floyd sack-huggers are careful not to give credit while their eyes are popped wide open.

They're a fickle bunch :roll:
Poor Paulie, he's gettin' smashed on social media :cry:
I think he's a pretty decent dude, regardless of the sparring incident  :like

You might need to turn off AdBlock

RIQUE CRUZ MARTINEZ

Tits
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Postby Tits » Aug 13. 2017, 08:50

One of the comments from where I got the pic was along the lines of " between this and the mink coat Conor is fat becoming the Liberace of combat sports"  :lol:
It is a bit nouveau riche.

Also, f**k me. The amount of press on Youtube and MMA sites covering this is unbelievable. It's two weeks out and this is the only thing being reported on. Granted not a lot of other high profile combat sport happening atm but f**k me.
Last edited by Tits on Aug 13. 2017, 08:51, edited 1 time in total.

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby detroit770 » Aug 13. 2017, 08:51

50 pages! :shock:
This is a bad omen...

:shock:
RIQUE CRUZ MARTINEZ

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby detroit770 » Aug 13. 2017, 08:55

Tits wrote: " between this and the mink coat, Conor is fast becoming the Liberace of combat sports"  :lol:

:like
RIQUE CRUZ MARTINEZ

lokischild
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby lokischild » Aug 13. 2017, 10:03

double post
Last edited by lokischild on Aug 13. 2017, 10:09, edited 1 time in total.

lokischild
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby lokischild » Aug 13. 2017, 10:05

double post
Last edited by lokischild on Aug 13. 2017, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.

lokischild
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby lokischild » Aug 13. 2017, 10:07

xSamWaynex wrote:In an earlier post you said you box. That let's me know all I need to know about how you have formed your opinion. You asked a question earlier about how a Karate stance could change things if you aren't allowed to kick. Obviously you don't know about hand strikes in Karate? Yes kicking is a primary tactic in Karate but there are also several forms of punches and deflections that can be used in the boxing ring that normally wouldn't be used by a regular boxer. Floyd is a regular boxer, who has gone up against guys who have done nothing but boxed their whole careers. This is why Conor being able to have different stances, and angles could make such a difference in the fight.

You're a boxing fan. That's good, great, wonderful, but because of you being a fan of the sweet science you are overlooking the true and undeniable threat that Conor poses. Floyd very well may win this fight, but it definitely won't be a pure domination and he damn sure won't get the TKO/KO that some Mayweather fans are going on about. Conor could also win this fight, and if he does it will more than likely be by either KO or TKO inside the first four rounds. Floyd said he is planning on coming after Conor. IF he actually does this, then you can expect an early night to be had by McGregor. McGregor has the reach, the height, the speed, and the power advantage. If Floyd comes to FIGHT instead of use his typical defensive boxing, he will lose big time.

Any person looking at this fight objectively can see this. YOU are not looking at this objectively, because you are only looking at it from a pure boxing stance using standard boxing angles, distance, counters and strikes. You want to act as though you are being logical about this when in fact you are being highly emotional and irrational. You are clearly a Floyd fan, which hey no biggie, but your fandom is overruling your good judgement. I just had a similar conversation with someone else about this on this forum, so don't feel bad as you aren't the only person being illogical while thinking they are being logical. We can't all be Spock. Some one has to be Sulu. Yeah I know he's gay in real life, but aren't we passed that in this day and age?

Don't be too quick to assume things. I said I box because that is what I do occasinally at the moment, not that I'm even good at it, or never tried anything else, 
There is a saying, you don't have to be a world champion to coach a world champion, or in our case, understand and judge the basic stuff. Also everyone probably has some understanding of movement, speed, explosiveness, at least at an instinctive level. It comes from simply doing and watching sports, Some maybe more than others.

That said, sorry to disappoint you, I am not looking at these situations through 'boxing goggles' and I'm not even a big mayweather fan. I like mcgregor more. I would love for him to win. It's just thatI cannot ever picture it.

My kind of reference of knowledge, on this forum, if you need it and need to judge the person sying stuff besides the words,  I predicted the domination of garbrandt over cruz based on their movement and garbrandts boxing, and detailed my opinion in some posts, something which came true and was opposed by a massive bias for cruz

Let me put out what I see in more detail: mcgregor has unorthodoxy, one left which is very sophisticated as in, his timing is very good and he hides his hitting distance well with the sideways stance. he can then turns his shoulder (which is wider then usual, hence his bigger reach) fully and quickly into the punch,  and catches opponents with it.
This is a winning factor against mma fighters less skilled with the hands, but my guess is it won't surprise mayweather. They will surely look at mcgregors footage from, that's right, a boxing perspective, figure out some of these strenghts and think of counter measures. Because, mayweather has ALL the boxing skills and ability available to adapt very quickly to such details. Because he is such an accomplished boxer. An mma fighter might not even notice, or not be able to change his style to nullify. If anyone can, it's a boxing defensive genius. Judging distance, studying his opponent is his bread and butter.
The rest is just mayweather playing his strenghts and doing what he did so often.

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Aug 13. 2017, 10:11

^^ 3rd time's a charm. ;)

lokischild
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby lokischild » Aug 13. 2017, 10:17

kept pressing reply instead of edit :D

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Aug 13. 2017, 12:25

From Brooklyn To The World 102: Paulie Breaks Down His McGregor Experience

http://www1.play.it/audio/showtime-sports/

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Aug 13. 2017, 13:37

Kizzo wrote:From Brooklyn To The World 102: Paulie Breaks Down His McGregor Experience

Holy f**k...his voice. Can't listen to this shit. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

Lukn4trbl
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Lukn4trbl » Aug 13. 2017, 15:13

Robert223 wrote:
Kizzo wrote:From Brooklyn To The World 102: Paulie Breaks Down His McGregor Experience

Holy f**k...his voice. Can't listen to this shit.  :lol:

It's the same sob story we've heard during every interview so far,  except now it means less because we know he lied about the push. 
Baller Betting - It will make you cool.

Bravo
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Bravo » Aug 13. 2017, 15:37

Robert223 wrote:Owen Roddy, Conor McGregor’s striking coach, says Floyd Mayweather has ‘made a few mistakes’ leading into fight
https://www.mmafighting.com/platform/am ... into-fight

Roddy... I cringe. 

Bravo
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Bravo » Aug 13. 2017, 21:09

detroit770 wrote:50 pages! :shock:
This is a bad omen...

:shock:

I feel it. Last time I clearly remember the forum being this hyped and shocked was when Ronda got wrecked by Holm. 
Wonder what coach of mcgregor will get the blame after the Mayweather fight? I mean I know the gloves will always be spoken off in revisionist "what IF" history. Maybe the movement coach, seems like a good scapegoat. 
I also feel that when people voted in the polling they should have stated what they voted. Because some of those votes are either pure trolling or madness in terms of the fight game. 

Return to “MMA TALK”