Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

Rogan says McGregor should fight Nick Diaz next

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
User avatar
Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Posts: 11476
Joined: Apr 19. 2009, 05:15

Re: Rogan says McGregor should fight Nick Diaz next

Postby Robert223 » Feb 24. 2018, 04:34

Synergy wrote:
rique000 wrote:
Synergy wrote:
  Conor isn't coming back anytime soon, if at all. Feed him to Khabib, so Khabib can maul him, end that hype train and get a global fan base.


I don't think we'll see him in MMA anymore. 

He'll find another famous boxer for another spectacle  fight. 

Yeah it is what I expect. Another nonsense boxing fight or a repeat performance against a middle of the road fighter in Nate Diaz for the money is what I would expect from Conor. 
 I'd be shocked if he defends his belt, especially if Khabib beats Tony. After seeing Nate take down and submit Conor, Khabib would maul him and his limited ground game.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfgvR31Hu1i/

Let's wait and see...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

User avatar
Kizzo
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1
Posts: 23190
Joined: Jun 30. 2013, 19:00

Re: Rogan says McGregor should fight Nick Diaz next

Postby Kizzo » Feb 24. 2018, 08:29

I remember there were haters who were saying Conor was ducking Edgar as well. Surprise, surprise motherfuckers. :lol:
CRI XCVIII Champ
LMS XIII Champ

User avatar
Synergy
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1
Posts: 2141
Joined: Oct 24. 2009, 07:08

Re: Rogan says McGregor should fight Nick Diaz next

Postby Synergy » Feb 26. 2018, 04:25

Kizzo wrote:I remember there were haters who were saying Conor was ducking Edgar as well. Surprise, surprise motherfuckers. :lol:

He still is. From Frankie's manager.
"When Max pulled out, I told the UFC, we'll fight Conor at any weight class he wants," he told Brett Okamoto of ESPN. The UFC told us they can't even get him to fight in his weight class.He's become just like Floyd Mayweather. This guy doesn't want to fight. He does what Floyd Mayweather does. He just wants to stay in the media. He likes the attention, but he's not getting it because he's not fighting. He should have fought Frankie two years ago. He ducked him for two years. He's full of s**t. He's a liar."


And Dana says
"He wants some time off, but the division has to go on. And the business goes on.”


In short McGregor just made a fake post to get his deluded fans ecstatic. He has no intention to fight at the moment and like I said a bunch of times, I can't see him coming back to fight Khabib (would love to be proved wrong), so fully expect a retirement or fighting some lame boxing fight.

User avatar
Kizzo
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1
Posts: 23190
Joined: Jun 30. 2013, 19:00

Re: Rogan says McGregor should fight Nick Diaz next

Postby Kizzo » Feb 26. 2018, 09:22

Synergy wrote:
Kizzo wrote:I remember there were haters who were saying Conor was ducking Edgar as well. Surprise, surprise motherfuckers. :lol:

He still is. From Frankie's manager.
"When Max pulled out, I told the UFC, we'll fight Conor at any weight class he wants," he told Brett Okamoto of ESPN. The UFC told us they can't even get him to fight in his weight class.He's become just like Floyd Mayweather. This guy doesn't want to fight. He does what Floyd Mayweather does. He just wants to stay in the media. He likes the attention, but he's not getting it because he's not fighting. He should have fought Frankie two years ago. He ducked him for two years. He's full of s**t. He's a liar."


And Dana says
"He wants some time off, but the division has to go on. And the business goes on.”


In short McGregor just made a fake post to get his deluded fans ecstatic. He has no intention to fight at the moment and like I said a bunch of times, I can't see him coming back to fight Khabib (would love to be proved wrong), so fully expect a retirement or fighting some lame boxing fight.

Meh, sounds like a bunch of he said she said kind of deal. How do we know Frankie's manager isn't lying? See what I did there, my dear Fedor nuthugger? You failed to provide any proof besides hearsay. So it's a matter of who you believe. Plus, you provided no dates to those comments vs. when Conor said his comments so you also failed to provide context. In regards to the rest of your drivel, all you did was speculate, nothing more. ;) Regardless of how delusional and desperate you want to believe what you say are facts, he actually has a lot more options than what you mentioned (e.g. Nate Diaz, Tony Ferg, Khabib, Max Holloway, etc.) So let's stop pretending he doesn't have those options. Unless, you are just a naive hater who doesn't understand how things work.

I could see him staying retired because of the money he made, but I also can see him coming back when he gets bored or for a money fight in MMA/Boxing. Time will tell. So we'll see.
CRI XCVIII Champ
LMS XIII Champ

User avatar
Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Posts: 11476
Joined: Apr 19. 2009, 05:15

Re: Rogan says McGregor should fight Nick Diaz next

Postby Robert223 » Feb 26. 2018, 09:53

It's what the UFC is willing to offer McGregor vs what he wants. If those 2 match he'll fight for them again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

User avatar
Kizzo
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1
Posts: 23190
Joined: Jun 30. 2013, 19:00

Re: Rogan says McGregor should fight Nick Diaz next

Postby Kizzo » Feb 26. 2018, 09:57

Robert223 wrote:It's what the UFC is willing to offer McGregor vs what he wants. If those 2 match he'll fight for them again.

Exactly. :like
CRI XCVIII Champ
LMS XIII Champ

User avatar
Synergy
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1
Posts: 2141
Joined: Oct 24. 2009, 07:08

Re: Rogan says McGregor should fight Nick Diaz next

Postby Synergy » Mar 3. 2018, 02:30

Kizzo wrote:How do we know Frankie's manager isn't lying?

I posted to counter your ridiculous drivel about how Conor offered to fight Frankie.  In short at best we are at an impass where Conor pretends he offered to fight and Frankie's team says Conor is full of shit.
  So we are free to believe who we want. Given Conor's nuts are in your mouth, I know who you will believe, however I wonder how many others buy Conor's BS.



UFC president Dana White confirmed to the Los Angeles Times that the promotion intends to strip McGregor, 29, of his 155-pound title the moment interim champion Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov step into the Octagon at UFC 223 on April 7 in Brooklyn.

As expected Dana is forced to strip Conor's title as Conor is to scared to defend the title.

Dana wouldn't be stripping his cash cow of the title if he offered to fight Frankie or if Dana thought the guy intends to actually come back.

 Let go of Conors nuts, Kizzo. I understand its hard for you however, the evidence shows that he is just cowering in the corner, refusing to fight the contenders.

User avatar
Kizzo
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1
Posts: 23190
Joined: Jun 30. 2013, 19:00

Re: Rogan says McGregor should fight Nick Diaz next

Postby Kizzo » Mar 3. 2018, 02:48

Synergy wrote:I posted to counter your ridiculous drivel about how Conor offered to fight Frankie.  In short at best we are at an impass where Conor pretends he offered to fight and Frankie's team says Conor is full of shit. So we are free to believe who we want. Given Conor's nuts are in your mouth, I know who you will believe, however I wonder how many others buy Conor's BS.


I didn't post the thing about Conor offering to fight Frankie, dummy. Robert did.  Yes, I believed it at first, but that was before Frankie's manager argued that Conor didn't. I did ask you how do you know if Frankie's manager is telling the truth and Conor is lying? You offered no proof, but believed it with no proof.  So by your same logic, then we can say you got Frankie's nuts in your mouth since you believe whatever his manager says with no proof.

Meanwhile, I'm taking the stance of not believing either until proof is provided.

Synergy wrote:As expected Dana is forced to strip Conor's title as Conor is to scared to defend the title.


How do you know the reason is because Conor's scared? You don't. You're just speculating. So your opinion is pretty meaningless.

Synergy wrote:Dana wouldn't be stripping his cash cow of the title if he offered to fight Frankie or if Dana thought the guy intends to actually come back. Let go of Conors nuts, Kizzo. I understand its hard for you however, the evidence shows that he is just cowering in the corner, refusing to fight the contenders.


Frankie fights at FW, not LW, dummy. Dana already stripped Conor of the FW belt. And that was when Conor was fighting. So your logic fails. Dana is stripping Conor because Conor is not fighting in the time table that the UFC wants. It doesn't mean he's not coming back LOL. In terms of Conor coming back, he may not because of the money he made. But he does have more options and there is a more likely chance than Ronda of him coming back is my opinion. I never said him coming back was guaranteed my dear Fedor nuthugger.
CRI XCVIII Champ
LMS XIII Champ

User avatar
ikor
CRI1
CRI1
Posts: 2195
Joined: Jun 7. 2015, 03:16

Re: Rogan says McGregor should fight Nick Diaz next

Postby ikor » Mar 6. 2018, 04:45

Imagine McGregor would fight Edgar and would ko him. That would be an epic story, everybody would talk about how incredible Conor's left is, that he really has a touch of death inside and can finish anybody, even Edgar. It is quite possible, right? But... Let us now open our eyes, Brian Ortega just koed Frankie Edgar in the first round.

Point of this story isn't how bad McGregor as a fighter is (quite the opposite), but how good he is at reading opponents and that pretty much the best he is at self promotion.


Return to “MMA TALK”