Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

Unlike Nate Diaz, Michael Bisping goes unpunished for anti-gay slur

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
A Nameless Ghoul
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Re: Unlike Nate Diaz, Michael Bisping goes unpunished for anti-gay slur

Postby A Nameless Ghoul » Feb 10. 2017, 15:44

thevillain wrote:I dont think if you call somebody a fag or gay or whatever this is automatically anti-gay.
I think the point is,every man in general wants to be as masculine as possible.If you call another man gay or a faggot,you show him that you want to question his manliness :fb 
This doesn't mean that you disrespect gay people.Its just a tool to tell your opposite that you believe that you are a lot more masculine than him :mrgreen:
So that being said,of course there are also people out there who use it to discriminate gay people with it.But you have to seperate these two things i guess ;)

Aren't gay people attracted to other men and manliness, opposed to straight men who are attracted to feminine women..? Is that somehow less manly?
Hate positively!

thevillain
Dr. Octagon
Dr. Octagon

Postby thevillain » Feb 10. 2017, 18:38

A Nameless Ghoul wrote:
thevillain wrote:I dont think if you call somebody a fag or gay or whatever this is automatically anti-gay.
I think the point is,every man in general wants to be as masculine as possible.If you call another man gay or a faggot,you show him that you want to question his manliness :fb 
This doesn't mean that you disrespect gay people.Its just a tool to tell your opposite that you believe that you are a lot more masculine than him :mrgreen:
So that being said,of course there are also people out there who use it to discriminate gay people with it.But you have to seperate these two things i guess ;)

Aren't gay people attracted to other men and manliness, opposed to straight men who are attracted to feminine women..? Is that somehow less manly?

Nope,it isnt !
Cause as a hetero man,i sexually desire a feminine woman = the exact opposite of me.
This doesnt mean that men have a tendency to favour feminine attributes,this is only from a sexual point of view.
What I referred to was more like the nature of a man,for example your testosterone.This example is perfect,cause nature gave us this hormone to be able to defend our families and save our continued existence  ;)
Imagine fighters had low Testo levels due to whatever.... :mrgreen:
ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ มิวราด

MajorBA
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby MajorBA » Feb 10. 2017, 20:50

Wow, this went up in June, and he hasn't been back to respond to anyone's statements. What a Pussy.
"If they will play fair I will play fair, but if they won't then I reserve all my rights to do anything I find myself able to do."-William Howard Taft

"We can't cure stupid, but we can alleviate it's symptoms."-MajorBA

A Nameless Ghoul
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby A Nameless Ghoul » Feb 11. 2017, 04:21

thevillain wrote:
A Nameless Ghoul wrote:

Nope,it isnt !
Cause as a hetero man,i sexually desire a feminine woman = the exact opposite of me.
This doesnt mean that men have a tendency to favour feminine attributes,this is only from a sexual point of view.
What I referred to was more like the nature of a man,for example your testosterone.This example is perfect,cause nature gave us this hormone to be able to defend our families and save our continued existence  ;)
Imagine fighters had low Testo levels due to whatever.... :mrgreen:

Hate positively!

thevillain
Dr. Octagon
Dr. Octagon

Postby thevillain » Feb 11. 2017, 08:13

Thats what we talkin about... :mrgreen:
ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ มิวราด

sammy_cheeks
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby sammy_cheeks » Feb 12. 2017, 19:18

My avatar has nothing to do with this.  I bet on Cerrone.

I agree, calling out slurs against gays, in these cases, is an attempt to emasculate an opponent, not to insult gays.  The intention should be considered when meting out disciplinary action.  But in this world, we are held responsible for our actions first, with our intentions being a secondary consideration.  The implication of these slurs is that if you are gay you are a weak person, a wussy, a pussy, a sissy, a bitch, a girly-man, etc, and whether they intended to insult gays or not, these fighters have to be held responsible for the impact of their words.

What people say in private is sacred and protected.  I am guilty of using slurs to get a cheap laugh from friends.  But what fighters say in their role as public figures has a larger impact.  At the very least, it hurts the UFC's image.  It annoys people who are sympathetic to gays.  It insults gays.  It gives truly hateful people a false sense of legitimacy.  It influences the children who look up to the fighter, whether that means encouraging a heterosexual kid to use the slur, or crushing a gay kid's self-esteem. 

Certainly, it makes the fighter appear ignorant and unprofessional.  The fact that I believe Nate and Michael 100% when they say they do not hate gays, necessitates that I also believe they are either woefully ignorant of the points mentioned above, or are too insensitive or irresponsible to restrain themselves in spite of knowing better.  In 2017, neither are a good look.

Fighters may be far removed from the liberal, PC college campuses, and can use these slurs without hating gays.  Yet, people make broad, sweeping assumptions about entire groups of people based on a few individuals.   Some believe blacks are criminals, Muslims are terrorists, Jews are greedy, gays are weak.  It would, therefore, be both naive and hypocritical of a fighter who uses these slurs to expect people to investigate their intentions when deciding whether to label them homophobic.

It does not take a formal education or a genius to consider these points, and decide to restrain oneself in public from using slurs.  That they have not considered or do not consider important these points, reflects poorly on the fighters.  That the importance of professionalism and etiquette was not adequately impressed upon them by the UFC reflects poorly on the organization.  That apologies, rationalizations, and excuses are being made for fighters who use slurs, indeed, reflects poorly on the fans.
Booty booty booty booty rockin everywhere. Rockin everywhere. Rockin everywhere. (surprise, surprise-- motherfuckers)

jojoclown777
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby jojoclown777 » Feb 14. 2017, 01:45

GODHAND wrote:It's not White Privilege ... its DANA WHITE PRIVILEGE !!

How is this not a thing?!?!  You should meme this and make money off of it somehow.
I'm down with exposing white privilege, but I don't think it's that simple - although it does remind me of when Miguel Torres was fired for forwarding Daniel Tosh's rape-van joke.  And then Rashad Evans didn't get in trouble for saying he was going to Sandusky someone (reference to the Sandusky guy who molested a slew of kids).  If I remember right, Bisping's bs may have been more super-impromptu, whereas stupid fucking Nate is more likely to say that during interviews or times where he's accorded more time for thought. Maybe I'm wrong.  I think UFC cuts people more slack for certain things when it's heat-of-the-moment.
I heard once that Frank Murr lost his commentary gig for saying he wanted to "literally murder" Lesnar or something like that.  Reiterated it.  Got in trouble.  Wasn't heat of the moment and he shoulda known better.

"faggot"
[font="Noto Sans", sans-serif]It's baffling how people forget how language works when they need to justify their beliefs.  Would this work for n-word?  Retard?  Of course!  Because words don't mean what they mean when we mean what they mean - except in a way that's not the way we mean when we're in trouble for it.[/font]

[font="Noto Sans", sans-serif]That being said, we really just need to phase dumb words out of our vocab once and for all.  Why people act like they're oppressed because they can't say insane shit IS an example of privilege.  Phase the words out and be done for it.  Then linguistic-SJW-ism will be done for. Everyone wins.[/font]

Tits
Zuffa
Zuffa

Postby Tits » Feb 19. 2018, 00:41

H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby 770 » Feb 19. 2018, 01:57

Tits wrote:Image

:lol:

Return to “MMA TALK”