Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

EA Sports UFC - General Discussion

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: EA Sports UFC - General Discussion

Postby Robert223 » Dec 18. 2016, 03:01

eljefeutexas7 wrote:
Robert223 wrote:
chaelwonclearly wrote:Got to redbelt in first ea UFC without ever going for a takedown I'll be getting the new one soon.

The new one is better, more tactical standup because of the blocking system. Most common strategy from my opponents so far is high block and spamming "special attacks" like spinning back kicks. Now you can just time their kicks, evade and go to the body to make them start worrying about blocking low. As soon as they do you start to mix it up and go upstairs. Much better than the universal block you had in EA UFC 1...
The ground game is a little chunky and the punches look slow but it actually works better than in the first game as you can simultaneously advance positions and trick your opponents into new positions. I'm starting to like it. (Was at red- and blackbelt level in the old game.)

Universal block?? lol what were they thinking. I love Undisputed 3, but the ground game was quite boring. I don't know how they could make that exciting in a video game... How does EA sports handle takedown defense? Can you pin arms and change levels on the ground?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... round+game

You might need to turn off AdBlock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

JackHawk MMA
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Postby JackHawk MMA » Dec 18. 2016, 20:57

^^  Yea, the takedown defense works mostly off timing but the window to defend will vary depending on your style of fighter and his TTD level.

There are sets of core ground moves that each fighter has, guy's with higher level wrestling core sets will defend the takedown by sprawling and getting on top, higher BJJ core ground moves and you'll shove the takedown off ect... there are A LOT of different move combinations and ways to set up a fighter.

Overall the game is pretty solid.  :like
Brian Stann for President.

"f**k you George"

MMI - Northeast Squadron

mulehole
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Draftking mma

Postby mulehole » Dec 25. 2016, 04:24

Sup folks......Just quickly wanna ask....What u folks think bout the new set up for MMA draftking.....6 fighters instead of 5....Any strategies or layouts to picking it fighters....Just generally wanna talk MMA

davidmcmurray
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby davidmcmurray » Dec 26. 2016, 01:27

:angry :angry :eb We want real fights not games

ShadyDemon
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby ShadyDemon » Jan 8. 2017, 20:30

What would you guys rate this game from 1-10? Debating on getting it.

neoniasty
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby neoniasty » May 14. 2017, 03:10

ShadyDemon wrote:What would you guys rate this game from 1-10? Debating on getting it.

Something between 6-7.
I think that they should working about submissions. This is the main point to get good skill game.
I know that it is not possible but UFC should be on x-box 360 too.

allesklarhia
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby allesklarhia » May 25. 2017, 07:04

i wait for UFC 3 !!!!

Return to “MMA TALK”