Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

EA Sports UFC - General Discussion

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
affinity
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Re: EA Sports UFC - General Discussion

Postby affinity » Mar 14. 2016, 23:03

saw footage of career mode, looks soooo awesome. the online fights are going to be insanely cool like the previous one, except improved.
http://invictafc.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/InvictaFC

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Mar 17. 2016, 09:09

The game is good but so far I like EA UFC 1 better...especially the ground strikes look slow and unrealistic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

snake eyes
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby snake eyes » Mar 20. 2016, 07:21

Couple of hours in and this seems like a decent game. It looks very nice and I find the stand up very pleasing and suprisingly strategic. You actually benefit from mixing strikes and using the dodge button in order to counter etc. Many fighters have some beautifully animated kicks too. Haven't gotten very deep into the grappling yet.

I think they've fucked up the clinch though. You can't break a clinch if your opponent just keeps punching you. The stamina goes to zero for both and you can't get knocked out from those shots but you take damage nontheless. Either it's an annoying mistake or there's a way to break that position that I'm just not aware of.

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Mar 20. 2016, 10:42

snake eyes wrote:Couple of hours in and this seems like a decent game. It looks very nice and I find the stand up very pleasing and suprisingly strategic. You actually benefit from mixing strikes and using the dodge button in order to counter etc. Many fighters have some beautifully animated kicks too. Haven't gotten very deep into the grappling yet.

I think they've fucked up the clinch though. You can't break a clinch if your opponent just keeps punching you. The stamina goes to zero for both and you can't get knocked out from those shots but you take damage nontheless. Either it's an annoying mistake or there's a way to break that position that I'm just not aware of.

The standup is really a lot better than EAUFC1. You can plan and follow a strategy in online matches as opposed to the stupid body punches spamming in the first one.
Ground and clinch sucks though they should take the system from the first game.

snake eyes
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby snake eyes » Mar 20. 2016, 12:19

Robert223 wrote:
snake eyes wrote:Couple of hours in and this seems like a decent game. It looks very nice and I find the stand up very pleasing and suprisingly strategic. You actually benefit from mixing strikes and using the dodge button in order to counter etc. Many fighters have some beautifully animated kicks too. Haven't gotten very deep into the grappling yet.

The standup is really a lot better than EAUFC1. You can plan and follow a strategy in online matches as opposed to the stupid body punches spamming in the first one.
Ground and clinch sucks though they should take the system from the first game.

I never played the first one but the game has come a long way from the original UFC games and EA MMA. Some of the fighters are just really fun to play with, Conor and Pettis for example. I've surprised myself by playing a retake of Conor vs. Chad and ko'ing Mendes over and over again with that left hand :D

pants316
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby pants316 » Mar 20. 2016, 15:27

EA UFC was terrible. The reviews of the sequel EA UFC 2 are also mediocre. The only good thing about these games so far is the bizzare UFC curse. Cover of 1 had Gustafson and Jones. Gustafson defeated badly by Cormier and Johnson and Jones striped for a year. EA UFC 2 featured Rousey and Mcgreggor on the cover. Both suffering humiliating losses. That EA curse is brutal.

GraceLee
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby GraceLee » Mar 20. 2016, 23:20

Want to play an exciting game? Click here <a href=”https://www.game1945.com/bia3”>brothers in arms game</a>

Bakke
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Postby Bakke » Mar 21. 2016, 05:55

Joe Rogan unlockable fighter :shock:

"If you don't read the news you're uninformed. If you do read the news you're misinformed." - Denzel Washington

snake eyes
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby snake eyes » Mar 21. 2016, 08:33

Bakke wrote:Joe Rogan unlockable fighter :shock:

Yeah, heard about that :lol: I wish they put Dana in there too.

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Mar 21. 2016, 09:03

snake eyes wrote:

Wonder what the commentary would be like...will he wear a headset while fighting?
"Look at me fucking this guy up. Beautiful spinning back kick by me. He didn't like that. I can see him being hurt. Trying to take me down? Oh no you didn't imma choke the shit out your neck now boy!" :lol:

Bakke
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Postby Bakke » Mar 21. 2016, 12:19

Robert223 wrote:
snake eyes wrote:

Wonder what the commentary would be like...will he wear a headset while fighting?
"Look at me fucking this guy up. Beautiful spinning back kick by me. He didn't like that. I can see him being hurt. Trying to take me down? Oh no you didn't imma choke the shit out your neck now boy!" :lol:

It is on guys :D

"If you don't read the news you're uninformed. If you do read the news you're misinformed." - Denzel Washington

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Mar 21. 2016, 12:24

Bakke wrote:It is on guys :D

Already tried it out and it works. Not fun playing with Rogan though it's like playing with Mendes, if you got the game you understand. :lol:

snake eyes
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby snake eyes » Mar 21. 2016, 16:00

Robert223 wrote:
snake eyes wrote:

:lol:
The commentating sounds pretty lazy anyway. And the introductions don't have much customization. Any fighter can be a submission expert who has chokes from any position.

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Mar 21. 2016, 16:07

snake eyes wrote: :lol:
The commentating sounds pretty lazy anyway. And the introductions don't have much customization. Any fighter can be a submission expert who has chokes from any position.

I switch the audio to octagon anyways, makes the game more fun for me. :like

Return to “MMA TALK”