Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

EA Sports UFC - General Discussion

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
TheDemon305
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Re: EA Sports UFC - General Discussion

Postby TheDemon305 » Nov 27. 2017, 18:24

Cant wait for UFC 3 man so excited, ill be on ps4. I always main my created character for online. I see no joy in playing as some fighter with preset moves. Rather use what i like, but the new MUT seems interesting. With the edition allowing to have a current champ as a fighter in your stable, im choosing GSP. Im really looking forward to career mode though!!
"Bite hard get bit hard but don't run".

"A loss is a lesson nothing more,how you soak in that lesson will determine whether it was a gain or a loss".

-Bruce Lee,Bas Rutten,Lyoto Machida,Forrest Griffin,Randy Couture,Petrosyan.

Bakke
H.O.F. CRI4
H.O.F. CRI4

Postby Bakke » Nov 27. 2017, 18:55

Ok, not awful, but my gripes with the game:

- striking doesn’t feel real and the punches look robotic
- can’t move much while punching (heard they fixed that in the third though)
- online is pretty shit, because everyone picks op fighters, stats should be more equal for all fighters in online as in any other competitive fighting game
- grappling just ended up being about spamming reversals and not enough like a “chess match” like in real MMA
- career mode got boring fast
- why make a “new” full price release every fucking year, when the aditions are basically dlc, just release as such like in pc games (for intelligent games unlike consoles ), Dota, CS, WOW, L4D, LoL, etc release it as dlc because they have respect for the gamers, unlike EA who has such a stupid fan base who will buy dlc for like 60$
"Josh Emmett didnt fucking move" - Microsoft Office 95

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Nov 27. 2017, 19:03

Videos don’t do it justice imo, gotta try it for yourself if you can download the beta.

Not perfect but the standup feels really really good in online play. If they cleaned up the ground a little it would be close to perfect for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

TheDemon305
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby TheDemon305 » Nov 29. 2017, 15:20

Playing the beta, the head kicks and leg kicks need to be dumbed down. They are still overpowered imo, if i got rocked by a bullshit spinning kick id turn around and rock them with leg kicks. Also sometimes things land but will still whiff and not stop the opponent when they eat it(usually head kicks). Transition from knockdown to gnp needs to be a lil smoother and rocking someone as they get up if i punch my strikes go upright. Before it would aim as the person got up, i mean why would i let you get up without eating some punches? Last UFC allowed it so hopefully these kinks get worked on. Also idk if its just me but Bruce Buffer sounded so low and uninspiring, once it goes to "are you ready?..are you ready? Fight the referee and sounds jump. Thats needs balancing, i also didnt like my created fighter having a set style or stance, let me choose it like in career. Nothing major i think all these things will be balanced out and fixed. The movement of each fighter feels authentic and fluid, everyone moves like themselves. Just don't like the backing up as you punch just feels a bit weird to me

"A loss is a lesson nothing more,how you soak in that lesson will determine whether it was a gain or a loss".

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Nov 29. 2017, 15:41

True the kicks are weird. Too slow and clunky.

I wouldn’t call the leg kicks too powerful though, if you don’t block full power leg kicks and get kicked in the leg a couple times you’re fucked, so that part is pretty accurate.

Kicks and punches not connecting is an issue and so is strikes sometimes not triggering when you press the button, only to then randomly start a second later without pressing the button again.
It’s typical beta stuff, hope they can work that out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

TheDemon305
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby TheDemon305 » Dec 1. 2017, 08:46

Bakke wrote:Ok, not awful, but my gripes with the game:

- online is pretty shit, because everyone picks op fighters, stats should be more equal for all fighters in online as in any other competitive fighting game
- grappling just ended up being about spamming reversals and not enough like a “chess match” like in real MMA
- why make a “new” full price release every fucking year, when the aditions are basically dlc, just release as such like in pc games (for intelligent games unlike consoles ), Dota, CS, WOW, L4D, LoL, etc release it as dlc because they have respect for the gamers, unlike EA who has such a stupid fan base who will buy dlc for like 60$

Wait what? They dont release a ufc game every year, thats why they switched to numbers instead of ufc 2018 etc. They are doing a 2 yr run thing if i recall which works just fine. While madden, fifa etc all get released yearly when its always the same shit.  Also...striking is fucking awesome and realistic as hell in this one. Every fighter moves like themselves FINALLY, it caught me off guard. Career mode i dont think the beta has full career mode so idk how you can judge that and say its boring.  Lol sounds like you are talking about the previous games

TheDemon305
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby TheDemon305 » Dec 1. 2017, 08:49

Another thing that annoyed me and this is something that hasnt been fixed since the other games. If you put your CAF a certain height and weight, come fight time his height and weight are changed. Example: CAF you make him 5'11 155lbs its drops it to 5'10 150lbs, that shit pisses me off. I cant stand MUT forcing only 4 weight classes. Let us choose the damn weightclasses its annoying.

Bakke
H.O.F. CRI4
H.O.F. CRI4

Postby Bakke » Dec 1. 2017, 09:05

I am talking about the previous game. Have not played the "new" one. And a two year span is not long at all for a game. Counter Strike is one of the best online games ever made and does not have a new release more than once every century. They release free patches for the game instead. Like it should be. You are getting fucked over by EA and dont even know it.
"Josh Emmett didnt fucking move" - Microsoft Office 95

TheDemon305
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby TheDemon305 » Dec 2. 2017, 08:24

To each his own, everyone loves minecraft its blah to me just saying. For sports games thats fine, yearly is a damn rip off imo. WWE, Madden, Fifa all release yearly. This is the only ea sports related game that releases 2yrs later. This one will be 2 months earlier ufc 2 was released in march. Im not getting fucked by ea at all, only idiots grab every ea game out there. I only care for ufc and battlefield (the only fps and sports game i play), hell i only grabbed titanfall due to it being on special on ps plus lol now that shit is a micro mess and feels incomplete but still loads of fun when you play. Btw counter strike is a fucking mess but trust me i know ea is money hungry lol battlefront 1 and 2 has ppl raging up the ass lol both games garbage imo. One game im hoping is truly good and doesnt go the micro way is Anthem, i have high hopes for it.

Ps. Didnt see you mention the 3rd game in one of your points sorry i was on lunch break when i skimmed through it lol

lusiphur
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby lusiphur » Dec 13. 2017, 17:29

TheDemon305 wrote:

Wait what? They dont release a ufc game every year, thats why they switched to numbers instead of ufc 2018 etc. They are doing a 2 yr run thing if i recall which works just fine. While madden, fifa etc all get released yearly when its always the same shit.  Also...striking is fucking awesome and realistic as hell in this one. Every fighter moves like themselves FINALLY, it caught me off guard. Career mode i dont think the beta has full career mode so idk how you can judge that and say its boring.  Lol sounds like you are talking about the previous games

I missed out on the Beta. Thrilled to hear that striking got fixed. The striking in 2 was atrocious. Please tell  me they got rid of the backpeddaling when rocked bullshit. Especially since it seems the opponent was always faster moving backwards than you forward.
Maybe we should smack Usain Bolt in the head with a bat and tell him to run backwards, might be a new world record.

TheDemon305
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby TheDemon305 » Dec 22. 2017, 21:07

lusiphur wrote:
TheDemon305 wrote:

I missed out on the Beta. Thrilled to hear that striking got fixed. The striking in 2 was atrocious. Please tell  me they got rid of the backpeddaling when rocked bullshit. Especially since it seems the opponent was always faster moving backwards than you forward.
Maybe we should smack Usain Bolt in the head with a bat and tell him to run backwards, might be a new world record.

No more backpedalling but instead you can punch as you're backing away. So to keep rushers at bay with back up jabs etc but they don't have much power. 

Voodoo doll
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Voodoo doll » May 6. 2018, 12:40

we play ufc game everyday here 
ich habe alte magische Puppe von Großeltern, die glauben, dass es Seele von drei Dämonen hält, die sie weiß, ist Tatsache

TheDemon305
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby TheDemon305 » May 9. 2018, 17:26

Any good cool peeps wanna link up on ufc? Im on ps4. Just looking for cool sparring partners to practice with and fight occasionally

Return to “MMA TALK”