Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

EA Sports UFC - General Discussion

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
wobbelyhead
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

EA Sports UFC - General Discussion

Postby wobbelyhead » May 22. 2013, 08:55

EA Sports on Tuesday revealed that it would release the first generation of its UFC video game sometime in the next 12 months.
A specific date was not announced, but previous reports noted that the game would not be released before April of next year, which puts the likely release date sometime in April or May of 2014.
Andrew Wilson of EA Sports made the announcement during the Microsoft Xbox One launch event.
EA Sports has four game titles targeted for launch in the next year on Xbox One: FIFA for soccer, NFL Madden for football, NBA Live for basketball, and UFC for mixed martial arts.
“All four will launch in the next 12 months. All four will be revolutionary. And all four will fundamentally change the way you play,” said Wilson.
“Best of all, this new generation will be powered by EA Sports Ignite, an all new game engine that we’re unveiling for the first time today. EA Sports ignite is designed specifically to blur the line between real and virtual.”
EA Sports showed a trailer previewing some of the scenes from the games, and included UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and lightweight fighter Anthony Pettis for some added color, alongside NFL player Robert Griffin III, NBA player Kyrie Irving, and soccer star Lionel Messi.
“The mind is what makes us all different,” said Jones in the trailer. “Everyone can hit the gym, but what we think is what makes us all individuals.”
No specific details of the UFC game were announced. The presentation focused primarily on EA’s partnership with Microsoft and more heavily on the new EA Sports Ignite game engine.
The EA Sports Ignite engine powers Human Intelligence, True Player Motion and Living Worlds. Human Intelligence allows players to “be alive and make intelligent decisions,” Living Worlds creates surroundings “as spectacular as your favorite stadiums,” and with True Player Motion “players can plant, pivot and cut with agility and precision.”

Source: Sports.Yahoo

Video contains a few different sports games coming from EA but UFC is on it too!
phpBB [video]

You might need to turn off AdBlock

AV bets 3-5 :(

next bout
TBD

offering bets on...
McGregor > Miller
Rumble > Lil Nog
Lawler > Ellenberger
DC > Hendo

pm me if you want to take one of these bets

NKnot
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Re: EA Sports UFC

Postby NKnot » May 22. 2013, 09:14

I dont want to be a **** but this should be posted in the off topic - games section.

On topic: is this going to be a Xbox One exclusive? I hope it isnt because from what ive seen until now, One will suck big time.

Bakke
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Postby Bakke » May 22. 2013, 09:28

NKnot wrote:I dont want to be a **** but this should be posted in the off topic - games section.

On topic: is this going to be a Xbox One exclusive? I hope it isnt because from what ive seen until now, One will suck big time.

I highly doubt it. I expect this to be released for XBOX One and PS4. Maybe also for the PS3.
"Just because your nations history offends you doesn't mean you get to erase it." - Gerd Pape

smoke-em
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby smoke-em » May 22. 2013, 09:45

NKnot wrote:I dont want to be a **** but this should be posted in the off topic - games section.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/madden-fifa-ufc-and-nba-live-also-coming-to-ps4

It's exclusive if they say it's exclusive if it's a big 3rd party developer its usually multiplatform. Microsoft always do this at their conferences to try and make it look like the game was designed for their console when in reality its too hide the fact that they have a very poor selection of 1st party exclusives.
In extreme situations the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue natural justice. This is not vengeance revenge is not a valid motive it's an emotional response No not vengeance Punishment

Sayyidi
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby Sayyidi » May 22. 2013, 09:50

i hope they do better with submission this time. UFC undisputet sucked on them.

wobbelyhead
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby wobbelyhead » May 22. 2013, 09:54

all good bro, my bad!
AV bets 3-5 :(

next bout
TBD

offering bets on...
McGregor > Miller
Rumble > Lil Nog
Lawler > Ellenberger
DC > Hendo

pm me if you want to take one of these bets

NKnot
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby NKnot » May 22. 2013, 09:54

Yeah I feel you Smoke. They really try hard to make it look like it was designed for their console. Good thing it isnt because the "features" of One are looking as half assed as they could ever imagine to be. Shit how I got mad at that reveal bullshit they tried to make people swallow.

axelstoner
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby axelstoner » May 22. 2013, 11:32

i dont see this as a good thing, ea f**k up just about everything they touch

Terminus
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Terminus » May 22. 2013, 11:37

I was a HUGE fan of the controller config on the original EA MMA game. I've always thought the UFC games were lacking the what EA's previous Fight Night games had; full body motion control. Features like this in a UFC game would be perfect, allowing players to choose THEIR OWN angles for strikes and feints and make the game way more realistic.
It'd be cool to be able to create your own strikes/throws/subs/etc. I'm just fucking glad EA finally teamed up with UFC.
HW- Fedor, Cain, Barnett.
LHW- DC, Mousasi, Gusto.
MW- Spider, Sonnen, Hendo.
WW- Hughes, N. Diaz, Nelson.
LW- Penn, Gomi, Nurmagomedov.
FW- Aldo, McGregor, Edgar.
WMMA- Coenen, Rousey, Cyborg.

2 - 2 in AV bets

NKnot
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby NKnot » May 22. 2013, 12:56

Agreed with EA fucking franchises up with their rotten fingers.

NBA Live got outclassed so bad by 2K series they even gave up doing the game for some years.

NHL has been stuck with the same engine and features for about half a decade.

Dragon Age has become Dungeon Siege.

Medal of Honor and Battlefield has become Call of Duty.

Need for Speed has become Burnout.

Just to name a few examples. Hope they dont f**k this game up too.

smoke-em
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby smoke-em » May 22. 2013, 12:58

NKnot wrote:Agreed with EA fucking franchises up with their rotten fingers.

NBA Live got outclassed so bad by 2K series they even gave up doing the game for some years.

NHL has been stuck with the same engine and features for about half a decade.

Dragon Age has become Dungeon Siege.

Medal of Honor and Battlefield has become Call of Duty.

Need for Speed has become Burnout.

Just to name a few examples. Hope they dont f**k this game up too.

You forgot Mass Effect Bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In extreme situations the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue natural justice. This is not vengeance revenge is not a valid motive it's an emotional response No not vengeance Punishment

DrProctor1692
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby DrProctor1692 » May 22. 2013, 13:05

They just royally fudged Sim City & Dead Space 3 as well. This game is starting to concern me, I feel like there is a greater chance of it sucking than being good.
Silva > Sonnen 2 week bet with KingSean2

thevillain
Dr. Octagon
Dr. Octagon

Postby thevillain » May 22. 2013, 19:01

I watched the Xbox live presentation yesterday and to be honest,i was not that impressed... :| The short little movies and the Benson vs Pettis Flying-Cage-Kick was cool,but this was a rendered scene,a video.I want to see some ingame material.
Also i´m not a fan of all those kincet features,i like using the controller for everything.And i dont want a camera watching me all the time,that´s weird ( And god knows if Microsoft is trying to spy us all :mrgreen: ).Kinect was a flop in my eyes.Most of the games were lame.And when i play games,i dont want to move !!!
When i want to play a video game,i want the "lay back and chill" mode,nothing more and nothing less :wink:
ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ มิวราด

Nycto Von Dickto
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Nycto Von Dickto » May 22. 2013, 21:10

Sayyidi wrote:i hope they do better with submission this time. UFC undisputet sucked on them.

I thought EA MMA had a pretty good submission system. Especially on the chokes
--------
--------
"when they ate the apple, i believe the second law of thermodynamics became what it is today"
--------
--------

Return to “MMA TALK”