Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

Donald Cerrone charged with third-degree assault

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
Floyduss
Presidential Suite
Presidential Suite

Donald Cerrone charged with third-degree assault

Postby Floyduss » Aug 21. 2013, 06:29

Just two months out from his co-main event match against Rafael dos Anjos at UFC Fight Night 27, which takes place at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Ind., on Aug. 28, 2013, Donald Cerrone is apparently mixing it up outside the Octagon.

CagePotato.com reports that "Cowboy" has been charged with third-degree assault in Grand County, Colo., in an apparent "boat rage" incident that took place on Lake Granby in late June. It seems like it was a mutual exchange, with the other individual slapped with with reckless operation of a boat and reckless endangerment.

**** out the official statement from local authorities:

"Donald A. Cerrone, 30 years of age, has been charged with Third Degree Assault by a summons to court, and it is a Class One Misdemeanor. There is no warrant for him at this time. Mr. Cerrone and another person, Jeffrey S. Aley, were involved in a boating rage incident (similar to road rage but by use of boats) on Lake Granby. The incident escalated to the point where Mr Cerrone assaulted Mr. Aley. Mr. Aley was also charged with Reckless Operation of a boat and Reckless Endangerment, a Class Three Misdemeanor. The case is still ongoing, and has not been concluded in court."
It's no secret that the top Lightweight Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) contender takes his water sports serious. In fact, he has stated in the past that he is currently pursuing a career in professional wakeboarding

Not rock climbing.

No word yet if this incident violates the mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion's Fighter Code of Conduct and/or if it will impact his pivotal showdown with dos Anjos later this month.

Cerrone most recently bounced back from a tough loss to current No. 1-ranked division contender, Anthony Pettis, dismantling K.J. Noons at UFC 160 in May 2013.

[url]http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/20/4642358/report-ufc-donald-cerrone-charged-third-degree-assault-colorado-boat-rage-mma[/url]
'I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.' - Mike Tyson

http://bestbonusbets.com/betting-sites/

ToughGuy
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: Donald Cerrone charged with third-degree assault

Postby ToughGuy » Aug 21. 2013, 07:31

good thing they explained what boating rage means, at first I thought it was some kind of a rage(party) on a boat

axelstoner
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby axelstoner » Aug 21. 2013, 08:56

boating rage wtf

redsoul
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby redsoul » Aug 21. 2013, 10:39

Vehicular assault can be described as swerving toward someone as if you were going to hit them but didn't. Buzzing past someone and splashing them with your wake could be described as vehicular assault. More media misdirection to make headlines.

tre loucks
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby tre loucks » Aug 21. 2013, 11:19

redsoul wrote:Vehicular assault can be described as swerving toward someone as if you were going to hit them but didn't. Buzzing past someone and splashing them with your wake could be described as vehicular assault. More media misdirection to make headlines.

who said anything about vehicular assault. cerrone was charged with third degree assault. the other dude was charged with reckless endangerment.
silence is golden,but duct tape is silver
av bets 5-5
av betting retired by MDF
Irony: getting a girl pregnant on a pullout couch.

nilloc1
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby nilloc1 » Aug 21. 2013, 11:19

redsoul wrote:Vehicular assault can be described as swerving toward someone as if you were going to hit them but didn't. Buzzing past someone and splashing them with your wake could be described as vehicular assault. More media misdirection to make headlines.

I was thinking the same thing. Also, he's only been charged, so this may all amount to not much.

greebuh
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby greebuh » Aug 21. 2013, 13:00

Boat rage is the wrong thing to call it, it should be water rage. I mean, we don't call it Car rage, we call it Road rage. Just sayin'.

Mikey_Riddlin
H.O.F. CRI5
H.O.F. CRI5

Postby Mikey_Riddlin » Aug 21. 2013, 14:05

greebuh wrote:Boat rage is the wrong thing to call it, it should be water rage. I mean, we don't call it Car rage, we call it Road rage. Just sayin'.

I guess there is individual rages dependent on what water vehicle you choose to man.

Kayak rage.
Canoe rage
Jet ski rage.
Boogie board rage.
etc.
6-4 AV bet record

Satirical
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Satirical » Aug 22. 2013, 02:51

ToughGuy wrote:good thing they explained what boating rage means, at first I thought it was some kind of a rage(party) on a boat

Huh? I have never heard of a party called a rage, I think you mean a rave.

Johnny Denver
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Johnny Denver » Aug 22. 2013, 03:25

Satirical wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:good thing they explained what boating rage means, at first I thought it was some kind of a rage(party) on a boat

Huh? I have never heard of a party called a rage, I think you mean a rave.

CROCOP VS FIR AHAHHAHAHHAHAHA. That avatar pretty much sums up this thread.

"But I don't believe I'll pursue an acting career."
"I'm friends with many fighters...with Kevin Rodlebaum, Mark Coleman, Don Henderson...I'm quite friendly with George Barnett. We email each other a fair bit."-Fedor

kindbudz
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby kindbudz » Aug 22. 2013, 03:28

i recently heard wakeboarding described as "the easiest sport your kid can go pro in". something to think about.

greenhorn
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby greenhorn » Aug 22. 2013, 05:01

third degree assault is making a verbal threat, such as "i'm gonna kick your ass, captain morgan!"

kraig7777
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby kraig7777 » Aug 22. 2013, 05:16

greenhorn wrote:third degree assault is making a verbal threat, such as "i'm gonna kick your ass, captain morgan!"

Definition of Third Degree Assault in Colorado:

"Third degree assault is a Class 1 misdemeanor, and the only assault charge that is not a felony. Third degree assault does not require intent, but rather that a person knowingly or recklessly causes bodily injury to another person or, with criminal negligence, causes bodily injury to another person by means of a deadly weapon. Third degree assault is an extraordinary risk crime that is subject to the modified sentencing range.

Third degree assault is commonly charged in situations involving minor physical altercations that do not involve apparent injury but do involve some degree of physical pain. Third degree assault is often charged in situations alleged to involve domestic violence, for example when a wife says that her husband hit or pushed her, or vice versa, and it hurt."

http://www.lawinfoboulder.com/areas_criminal_litigation/third_degree_assault.html
A handful of tadpoles in one pocket and axle grease in the other.

Johnny Denver
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Johnny Denver » Aug 22. 2013, 19:53

greenhorn wrote:third degree assault is making a verbal threat, such as "i'm gonna kick your ass, captain morgan!"

If you yelled it loud enough such that the person's ear drums ruptured, then yes.
"But I don't believe I'll pursue an acting career."
"I'm friends with many fighters...with Kevin Rodlebaum, Mark Coleman, Don Henderson...I'm quite friendly with George Barnett. We email each other a fair bit."-Fedor

Return to “MMA TALK”