Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Fedor: Deadliest Warrior Ever?

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
bradmullins007
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
Location: is walking through the intensive care unit dressed as the grim reaper

Postby bradmullins007 » May 12. 2009, 02:32

kusok wrote:
bradmullins007 wrote:I wasn't aware that Nog and Fedor had a BJJ match. You're comparing the Nog and Fedor MMA fight to a BJJ Match. I specifically said in my earlier post I wasn't saying an MMA match. Hughes beat the shit out of Royce and controlled him with wrestling "in an MMA match" Could he have done that in a BJJ match? No. So my position on the matter is still as it was posted.

BUT one question...seeing as how Gonzaga is a BJJ legitimate blackbelt do you think Fedor could own him in a BJJ match too? REMEMBER this isn't an MMA fight...

Let me answer you this way:

BJJ and ADCC pay 50k to the winner. Fedor gets 2 mil per fight, that's like what 40 times more money... ?

BJJ and ADCC are basically amateur events. Fedor has been there, done that, got the t-shirt. he has moved on to being a pro :idea: Would Mike Tyson at his prime not beat a high school wrestler in a wrestling match just because it's a different combat art??? Mike would twist him into a pretzel!!!
Fedor is a world class MODERN (not 1990s) HW athlete, he is so much better than Royce at absolutely everything even remotely related to combat that it's not even funny.

People like you said that Fedor can't stand with tim and has to take him down. people like you said fedor can't stand with Crocop, and can't lay in nog's guard for 20 minutes... Guess what? He can. THEY can't.

Gonzaga sucks ****. He got beat by a midget Garcia, great midget, but a midget non the less. AWESOME midget, but still a midget, ok? Gonzaga is too slow and not nearly strong enough to even control Couture's clinch! (The same Couture whom Fedor took down and subbed in 10 seconds during their grappling match)

Fedor is a world class pro on top of his game. Gonzaga can beat Fedor in a Nintendo video game MAYBE, but that's about it.

Your analogy made absolutely no sense in reference to Mike Tyson and a Highschool wrestler. Considering when you're in HighSchool you're still growing and becoming stronger. You should have said that Mike Tyson could make a pretzel of a Division 1 NCAA wrestler because I'd go as far to agree Mike might be able to maneuver a 16 year old boy around. You Fedor fans think he's God at everything. I'm waiting for the day Fedor will have to fight top competition at least 3 times a year so people will see just how invincible he really is. I've posted this before and I'll post it again in almost the exact same words. Fedor has a bad night and is fighting the likes of say a Mark Hunt (which after Barnett who else does he have left outside of the UFC he'll have to fight someone he's already fought) he wins considering his skill level is so much higher than Hunts. Now if he fights 6 times in the UFC against world class fighters and has a bad night Fedor goes home and goes back to the drawing board. What everyone fails to see is Fedor is a human being capable of having a bad outting. It's just the fact that the last few years he's not had much competition it hasn't mattered if it was going to be a bad outting he was so much more talented that he could've been on his worst day and beat these bums...not bums you say? Well besides Glass Joe (since you've referenced Tyson and Nintendo I found this an appropriate nick for AA) I mean Arlovski Fedor's competition is as follows:
Win Andrei Arlovski KO (Punch) Affliction - Day of Reckoning 1/24/2009 1 3:14 Good fighter, chin well not so good
Win Tim Sylvia Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) Affliction - Banned 7/19/2008 1 0:36 Has he won a match since being cut from the UFC?
Win Hong Man Choi Submission (Armbar) Yarennoka - New Years Eve 2007 12/31/2007 1 1:54 Freakshow? What a formidable opponent for the world's greatest P4P
Win Matt Lindland Submission (Armbar) Bodog Fight - Clash of the Nations 4/14/2007 1 2:58 Jeremy Horn ring a bell? Solid middleweight fighter at the time but remember your theory about weight being a difference. You might be onto something
Win Mark Hunt Submission (Kimura) PRIDE - Shockwave 2006 12/31/2006 1 8:16 Mark HUNT, WORLD beater and future opponent! :roll:
Win Mark Coleman Submission (Armbar) PRIDE 32 - The Real Deal 10/21/2006 2 1:15 Washed up MUCH? I mean seriously MARK "fucking" Coleman? Speaking of Royce didn't Renzo tap Maurice SMith out after he beat Coleman unmercifully?
Win Wagner da Conceicao Martins Submission (Punches) PRIDE - Shockwave 2005 12/31/2005 1 0:26
Wagner De who?
Proof's in the pudding although I wouldn't disagree that Fedor isn't the best HW in MMA at this time. The fact still remains that after his Mirko fight he hasn't been in the ring with world class opponents. FLAME this post all you want to but I find it childish and irrelevant to even propose that Fedor is better at wrestling than anyone. Fedor has better BJJ than anyone. Fedor has better Sambo than anyone. Blagei Ivanov ring a bell? Fedor has better stand up than anyone. Fedor is better in the clinch than anyone. The fuckin dude is human and all of that shit isn't even possible you Fedor fans have fucking caused me to type novels disproving your ludicrous theories.
Last edited by bradmullins007 on May 12. 2009, 05:17, edited 1 time in total.

mistavengeance
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby mistavengeance » May 12. 2009, 05:03

bradmullins007 wrote:you Fedor fans have fucking caused me to type novels disproving your ludicrous theories.

You might not have noticed, it's only one guy. He seems like an army, though...
Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.
- Anonymous

bradmullins007
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby bradmullins007 » May 12. 2009, 05:16

mistavengeance wrote:
bradmullins007 wrote:you Fedor fans have fucking caused me to type novels disproving your ludicrous theories.

Tell me about it. I've watched these people talk about Sambo and the similarities that make it close to MMA and before Fedr had lost the argument was he hasn't even lost in Sambo and it's basically MMA yada yada yada and yet and yet when Fedor lost to Blagei Ivanov a 23-23 year old unknown it was compared to someone losing a wrestling match and that's not even close; you can't strike in wrestling so it's far from the same. I mean come on now Mr.Invincible isn't so bulletproof afterall. I mean we can all follow and market our favorite fighter but saying someone is so unbeatable they're the best in every aspect of MMA is far fetched. I've seen better strikers than Fedor and also better wrestlers. Speaking of striking Fedor's striking is VERY wild. Fedor always has his feet flat on the mat and although he's precise it's really awkward. It's just his brute power that compensates for his lack of technique.
The above statement is purely an opinion. An opinion based on my infinite knowledge and Godly wisdom. Feel free to be wrong by posting your uninformed opinion.

ikugan
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby ikugan » May 12. 2009, 07:25

Dude seriously?? Deadliest fuckin warrior ever??? Uhh, no...

kusok
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby kusok » May 12. 2009, 08:43

bradmullins007 wrote:
mistavengeance wrote:

Tell me about it. I've watched these people talk about Sambo and the similarities that make it close to MMA and before Fedr had lost the argument was he hasn't even lost in Sambo and it's basically MMA yada yada yada and yet and yet when Fedor lost to Blagei Ivanov a 23-23 year old unknown it was compared to someone losing a wrestling match and that's not even close; you can't strike in wrestling so it's far from the same. I mean come on now Mr.Invincible isn't so bulletproof afterall. I mean we can all follow and market our favorite fighter but saying someone is so unbeatable they're the best in every aspect of MMA is far fetched. I've seen better strikers than Fedor and also better wrestlers. Speaking of striking Fedor's striking is VERY wild. Fedor always has his feet flat on the mat and although he's precise it's really awkward. It's just his brute power that compensates for his lack of technique.

Horrible post :)

Fedor has lost in Sambo before numerous times.

Fedor is aware of all the techniques of proper striking. Don't you think that if YOU can see that he has "lack of technique" and is "wild" that he and his coaches would see it too??? You simply don't understand his technique. It's not boxing or K1, it's for small MMA gloves (curves around the standard boxing block, making "wild" hooks effective)

I assure you fedor knows how to throw a straight right down the pipe :)

By the way, if you know "far better strikers than fedor" then go ahead and tell me when Fedor was outstruck...

kusok
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby kusok » May 12. 2009, 08:59

bradmullins007 wrote:
kusok wrote:
bradmullins007 wrote:I wasn't aware that Nog and Fedor had a BJJ match. You're comparing the Nog and Fedor MMA fight to a BJJ Match. I specifically said in my earlier post I wasn't saying an MMA match. Hughes beat the shit out of Royce and controlled him with wrestling "in an MMA match" Could he have done that in a BJJ match? No. So my position on the matter is still as it was posted.

BUT one question...seeing as how Gonzaga is a BJJ legitimate blackbelt do you think Fedor could own him in a BJJ match too? REMEMBER this isn't an MMA fight...

Let me answer you this way:

BJJ and ADCC pay 50k to the winner. Fedor gets 2 mil per fight, that's like what 40 times more money... ?

BJJ and ADCC are basically amateur events. Fedor has been there, done that, got the t-shirt. he has moved on to being a pro :idea: Would Mike Tyson at his prime not beat a high school wrestler in a wrestling match just because it's a different combat art??? Mike would twist him into a pretzel!!!
Fedor is a world class MODERN (not 1990s) HW athlete, he is so much better than Royce at absolutely everything even remotely related to combat that it's not even funny.

People like you said that Fedor can't stand with tim and has to take him down. people like you said fedor can't stand with Crocop, and can't lay in nog's guard for 20 minutes... Guess what? He can. THEY can't.

Gonzaga sucks ****. He got beat by a midget Garcia, great midget, but a midget non the less. AWESOME midget, but still a midget, ok? Gonzaga is too slow and not nearly strong enough to even control Couture's clinch! (The same Couture whom Fedor took down and subbed in 10 seconds during their grappling match)

Fedor is a world class pro on top of his game. Gonzaga can beat Fedor in a Nintendo video game MAYBE, but that's about it.

Your analogy made absolutely no sense in reference to Mike Tyson and a Highschool wrestler. Considering when you're in HighSchool you're still growing and becoming stronger. You should have said that Mike Tyson could make a pretzel of a Division 1 NCAA wrestler because I'd go as far to agree Mike might be able to maneuver a 16 year old boy around. You Fedor fans think he's God at everything. I'm waiting for the day Fedor will have to fight top competition at least 3 times a year so people will see just how invincible he really is. I've posted this before and I'll post it again in almost the exact same words. Fedor has a bad night and is fighting the likes of say a Mark Hunt (which after Barnett who else does he have left outside of the UFC he'll have to fight someone he's already fought) he wins considering his skill level is so much higher than Hunts. Now if he fights 6 times in the UFC against world class fighters and has a bad night Fedor goes home and goes back to the drawing board. What everyone fails to see is Fedor is a human being capable of having a bad outting. It's just the fact that the last few years he's not had much competition it hasn't mattered if it was going to be a bad outting he was so much more talented that he could've been on his worst day and beat these bums...not bums you say? Well besides Glass Joe (since you've referenced Tyson and Nintendo I found this an appropriate nick for AA) I mean Arlovski Fedor's competition is as follows:
Win Andrei Arlovski KO (Punch) Affliction - Day of Reckoning 1/24/2009 1 3:14 Good fighter, chin well not so good
Win Tim Sylvia Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) Affliction - Banned 7/19/2008 1 0:36 Has he won a match since being cut from the UFC?
Win Hong Man Choi Submission (Armbar) Yarennoka - New Years Eve 2007 12/31/2007 1 1:54 Freakshow? What a formidable opponent for the world's greatest P4P
Win Matt Lindland Submission (Armbar) Bodog Fight - Clash of the Nations 4/14/2007 1 2:58 Jeremy Horn ring a bell? Solid middleweight fighter at the time but remember your theory about weight being a difference. You might be onto something
Win Mark Hunt Submission (Kimura) PRIDE - Shockwave 2006 12/31/2006 1 8:16 Mark HUNT, WORLD beater and future opponent! :roll:
Win Mark Coleman Submission (Armbar) PRIDE 32 - The Real Deal 10/21/2006 2 1:15 Washed up MUCH? I mean seriously MARK "fucking" Coleman? Speaking of Royce didn't Renzo tap Maurice SMith out after he beat Coleman unmercifully?
Win Wagner da Conceicao Martins Submission (Punches) PRIDE - Shockwave 2005 12/31/2005 1 0:26
Wagner De who?
Proof's in the pudding although I wouldn't disagree that Fedor isn't the best HW in MMA at this time. The fact still remains that after his Mirko fight he hasn't been in the ring with world class opponents. FLAME this post all you want to but I find it childish and irrelevant to even propose that Fedor is better at wrestling than anyone. Fedor has better BJJ than anyone. Fedor has better Sambo than anyone. Blagei Ivanov ring a bell? Fedor has better stand up than anyone. Fedor is better in the clinch than anyone. The fuckin dude is human and all of that shit isn't even possible you Fedor fans have fucking caused me to type novels disproving your ludicrous theories.

LOL

Research BEFORE you post, and stop sucking UFC's advertising **** :)

-Lindland was giving away 7lbs and was ranked #1 MW in the world, like Anderson Silva is now.

-Tim Sylvia was not cut from UFC, neither was AA. They left on their own to face the MMA World Champion. Props to them. Mir, on the other hand, is a pussy, he said: "But AFTER you fight Fedor, then what?..."
:)

-Blagoi Ivanov is a HW National, European and World Sambo Champion. If you'll hold this loss against Fedor, then remember GSP getting flying triangled in ADCC by a 145lbs can in half a minute... Remember Randy holding on and stalling for his dear life VS 185lbs Jacare, remember Kid getting owned in wrestling, remember Mir getting owned by 205lbs Sobral, remember Lesnar losing in NCAA wrestling, remember Nog getting tapped by Ricco etc etc etc
besides, Fedor beat Blagoi before. Ask Rickson how difficult it is to go unbeaten in Sambo (if you wear a gi you WILL be thrown sometime)

-AA is an elite top fighter. His chin sucks, but ALL other fighters have weaknesses. ALL the UFC HWs whose **** you suck have weaknesses.

-Fedor currently AND overall fights MORE than ANY and ALL UFC's top HWs :)

You see ^^^ You see how naive you are?
How much you fell for UFC propaganda? You never even bothered to check who fights how many times etc... Fedor fights as often as Mir, Lesnar etc and MORE often than Nog etc currently.

And what tough competition are you talking about for Fedor in UFC??? UFC HW division is shit.

lol

freeindeed
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby freeindeed » May 12. 2009, 10:52

stop the press i think i've found him!!

Probably the deadliest warrior ever - but definately the coolest 8)

bannedcity

Postby bannedcity » May 12. 2009, 10:58

freeindeed wrote:stop the press i think i've found him!!

Probably the deadliest warrior ever - but definately the coolest 8)

That was awesome. The best bit is definitely when the insurance company rep comes in at the end and sees all the damage to the cars... nothing better than making insurance companies pay out.

bradmullins007
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby bradmullins007 » May 12. 2009, 16:31

kusok wrote:
bradmullins007 wrote:
mistavengeance wrote:[quote="bradmullins007"]you Fedor fans have fucking caused me to type novels disproving your ludicrous theories.

Horrible post :)

Fedor has lost in Sambo before numerous times.

Fedor is aware of all the techniques of proper striking. Don't you think that if YOU can see that he has "lack of technique" and is "wild" that he and his coaches would see it too??? You simply don't understand his technique. It's not boxing or K1, it's for small MMA gloves (curves around the standard boxing block, making "wild" hooks effective)

I assure you fedor knows how to throw a straight right down the pipe :)

By the way, if you know "far better strikers than fedor" then go ahead and tell me when Fedor was outstruck...[/quote]
Your rebuttal was disgusting and worthless. But to answer one point of it as that's all the time I have unlike yourself...AA was out-striking Fedor in their match. You guys can go through slow motion all you want to to see if AA's punches landed but until AA decided to go on an Apollo 13 mission he was beating on Fedor like a drum. Then magically a wild swing on a bad chin and you still have Superman's record unblemished next to his one and only cut stoppage loss....
I'd in many ways feel ashamed to be going through an MMA fight Vid slow motion to try and prove a point for a fighter. It seems that you have Fedor's **** in your mouth as I've only been pointing out there's other good heavyweights and people that are better at "one" discipline than Fedor. It's really small minded and even stupid to think Fedor is the best at everything because obviously he's not. Just like Anderson isn't the best at everything. When Fedor loses you fags will still be saying shit like this "if he was in his prime" blah blah...You'll always have excuses..
The above statement is purely an opinion. An opinion based on my infinite knowledge and Godly wisdom. Feel free to be wrong by posting your uninformed opinion.

Ryuga
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Ryuga » May 12. 2009, 21:06

Trust me I'm no Fedor fanboy. I prefer fighters with cleaner striking styles like Anderson Silva, Machida or GSP. Yet I can't deny the superiority of Fedor, he's simply better than all those.

And I'm sure he'd throw Royce Gracie around like a rag doll in a BJJ match, even when Gracie was at his prime. Fedor is just too strong and too good at grappling. He never ever got caught in a submission, and he has faced top BJJ fighters which were HEAVYWEIGHTS.

Look how he handled Nog and Aoki. I don't see how Royce would be any different. Granted, MMA is not like a BJJ match, but with Fedor's experience in grappling, if he wouldn't have to worry about the opponent striking back while on the ground, I think he'd even have an easier time winning in a pure BJJ match.

kusok
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby kusok » May 12. 2009, 21:13

bradmullins007 wrote:Your rebuttal was disgusting and worthless. But to answer one point of it as that's all the time I have unlike yourself...AA was out-striking Fedor in their match.

Was Liddell outstriking Rashad too? :)

Did you even bother to count up the strikes and score the fight??? The round was even.

You guys can go through slow motion all you want to to see if AA's punches landed but until AA decided to go on an Apollo 13 mission he was beating on Fedor like a drum.

You apparently don't know anything about defense, head movement, timing the counters etc etc etc etc Basically you don't know anything.

Then magically a wild swing

what's so wild about a standard counter he's been doing for decades, has tried 3 times in the AA fight, and describes in his book which came out before the AA fight????

on a bad chin and you still have Superman's record unblemished next to his one and only cut stoppage loss....
I'd in many ways feel ashamed to be going through an MMA fight Vid slow motion to try and prove a point for a fighter. It seems that you have Fedor's **** in your mouth as I've only been pointing out there's other good heavyweights and people that are better at "one" discipline than Fedor. It's really small minded and even stupid to think Fedor is the best at everything because obviously he's not.

I never said he is the best at everything. I only said he'd throw Royce around like a wet ragdoll in any grappling match. Ask any BJJ practitioner, ask ANYONE who ever took even one BJJ class and they'll tell you the same.

Just like Anderson isn't the best at everything. When Fedor loses you fags will still be saying shit like this "if he was in his prime" blah blah...You'll always have excuses..

Not at all. Fedor already lost many times. Everyone losses, No excuses needed.

pake
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby pake » May 12. 2009, 22:59

kusok wrote:-Tim Sylvia was not cut from UFC, neither was AA. They left on their own to face the MMA World Champion. Props to them. Mir, on the other hand, is a pussy, he said: "But AFTER you fight Fedor, then what?..."

get over yourself. they left for more money, not because fedor was their main priority.

and as for the BJJ thing, im not gonna say who would win cuz i honestly wouldn't want to predict something like that. but dont ever compare it to the nog fights, since there is a HUGE difference between pulling off a submission in a BJJ tournament and when a fighter is getting pummled to the face with punches..

kusok
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby kusok » May 12. 2009, 23:05

pake wrote:
kusok wrote:-Tim Sylvia was not cut from UFC, neither was AA. They left on their own to face the MMA World Champion. Props to them. Mir, on the other hand, is a pussy, he said: "But AFTER you fight Fedor, then what?..."

get over yourself. they left for more money, not because fedor was their main priority.

and as for the BJJ thing, im not gonna say who would win cuz i honestly wouldn't want to predict something like that. but dont ever compare it to the nog fights, since there is a HUGE difference between pulling off a submission in a BJJ tournament and when a fighter is getting pummled to the face with punches..

Average MMA fans don't know that Royce is not that good. He was selected by Gracies for UFC 1 because he is small, NOT because he is good. Him being small would really drive home the advantage of GJJ and ground fighting.

Royce has never won any major grappling titles, while Fedor is a top level grappler on Olympic level, world champion, national champion, Olympic team member, European Judo Champion etc etc etc

Fedor beats Royce 100 out of 100 times in any grappling match.

pake
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby pake » May 12. 2009, 23:43

kusok wrote:
pake wrote:

Average MMA fans don't know that Royce is not that good. He was selected by Gracies for UFC 1 because he is small, NOT because he is good. Him being small would really drive home the advantage of GJJ and ground fighting.

Royce has never won any major grappling titles, while Fedor is a top level grappler on Olympic level, world champion, national champion, Olympic team member, European Judo Champion etc etc etc

Fedor beats Royce 100 out of 100 times in any grappling match.

honestly what does that have to do with what i posted? and i'm glad you consider me an average mma fan, since not once did i mention Royce's name..

Return to “MMA TALK”