Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Condit Accepts Rematch: Poll

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.

Who Would Come Out Victorious in a Rematch?

Carlos Condit
47%
Nick Diaz
53%

Total votes: 220

Shanks The Dope
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: Condit Accepts Rematch: Poll

Postby Shanks The Dope » Feb 8. 2012, 17:39

MMAyhem, if there is a rematch, is that yearlong AV bet still available?

You might need to turn off AdBlock

SakuEar
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby SakuEar » Feb 8. 2012, 17:42

Shanks The Dope wrote:MMAyhem, if there is a rematch, is that yearlong AV bet still available?

:lol: :lol: take him out shanks!

Losemoney
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Losemoney » Feb 8. 2012, 17:48

SakuEar wrote:
Losemoney wrote:So Diaz gets a rematch against Condit, but Kampmann didn't get a rematch against Sanchez?

or a rematch against shields. kampmann didnt cry enough.

Bad behavior gets you rewards in the UFC.

SakuEar
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby SakuEar » Feb 8. 2012, 17:52

so so true.

BLOODMONEY
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby BLOODMONEY » Feb 8. 2012, 18:08

I have waited until watching and re-watching the fight 4 times now, 3 of those times with the volume off, to post my opinion on who won.
Here is my opinion of the fight. My pick for this fight was Diaz, although Condit is one of my top 10. The first time I watched, my opinion was that Condit ran away from exchanges but, nevertheless, won the fight. The second and third times watching I had Diaz stealing the W in round 5 after each had won 2 rounds. The fourth and final time I have come to the conclusion that this fight was an absolute draw. Every one of those times watching, I was disappointed with the way Nick reacted post fight but, still felt bad for him.
I believe the reason this fight has received such emotion and criticism is because, it's not often you have two top 5 fighters, who have such impressive records and are known for going to war and the finish, fighting for 5 rounds in a championship fight. I think a lot of people, after being treated to some of the best cards the UFC has ever had, for the last year or so, were expecting the equivalent of Edgar/Maynard I, II or Hendo/Shogun or even a result like Diaz/Cerrone or the fight that preceded Diaz/Condit, Nelson/Werdum. And being honest here, the Diaz/Condit was the most competitive and compelling fight of the night.
Final thoughts on this whole situation: I get my B-day wish, I get to watch Condit and Diaz go at it for 10 whole rounds,(hopefully). Condit is being disrespected by Diaz and some of the MMA community, which might not be a smart thing for whoever is fighting Condit to do. Diaz might have rattled the wrong hornets nest; but, that's what he does and that's how he fights and that's why 70% of the MMA community is a fan of his and why everybody is entertained by him.
Condit has my utmost respect for accepting this rematch, despite the level of disrespect he's receiving.
We should all be so lucky, (and yes, this is the part where I slight GSzz), to watch Condit and Diaz perpetually fighting to draws, for the belt; with the alternative having the champ return the ww division to it's normal blandness at the top.(possibly)

Fans need to relax and enjoy two top fighters fighting on there feet or wherever for nice change, instead of watching a Pepe' le Pue like GSP dry hump the desire for any other fighters to fight in MMA, (for fear of another 25 minutes of fighter-molestation). :|
#1 DARTH Bader fan
WAR BADER!
WAR DOLLAWAY!
WAR MILLER Bros.!
WAR HENDRICKS!
WAR CONDIT!
WAR BELCHER!
WAR KUNG FU PANDA!
WAR BADR HARI!

15-5 AV bet record ........ Come at me bro.

ComebackKID323
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Location: laughing at the morons who believe in that zombie invasion crap. hahaha

Postby ComebackKID323 » Feb 8. 2012, 18:11

BLOODMONEY wrote:I have waited until watching and re-watching the fight 4 times now, 3 of those times with the volume off, to post my opinion on who won.
Here is my opinion of the fight. My pick for this fight was Diaz, although Condit is one of my top 10. The first time I watched, my opinion was that Condit ran away from exchanges but, nevertheless, won the fight. The second and third times watching I had Diaz stealing the W in round 5 after each had won 2 rounds. The fourth and final time I have come to the conclusion that this fight was an absolute draw. Every one of those times watching, I was disappointed with the way Nick reacted post fight but, still felt bad for him.
I believe the reason this fight has received such emotion and criticism is because, it's not often you have two top 5 fighters, who have such impressive records and are known for going to war and the finish, fighting for 5 rounds in a championship fight. I think a lot of people, after being treated to some of the best cards the UFC has ever had, for the last year or so, were expecting the equivalent of Edgar/Maynard I, II or Hendo/Shogun or even a result like Diaz/Cerrone or the fight that preceded Diaz/Condit, Nelson/Werdum. And being honest here, the Diaz/Condit was the most competitive and compelling fight of the night.
Final thoughts on this whole situation: I get my B-day wish, I get to watch Condit and Diaz go at it for 10 whole rounds,(hopefully). Condit is being disrespected by Diaz and some of the MMA community, which might not be a smart thing for whoever is fighting Condit to do. Diaz might have rattled the wrong hornets nest; but, that's what he does and that's how he fights and that's why 70% of the MMA community is a fan of his and why everybody is entertained by him.
Condit has my utmost respect for accepting this rematch, despite the level of disrespect he's receiving.
We should all be so lucky, (and yes, this is the part where I slight GSzz), to watch Condit and Diaz perpetually fighting to draws, for the belt; with the alternative having the champ return the ww division to it's normal blandness at the top.(possibly)

Fans need to relax and enjoy two top fighters fighting on there feet or wherever for nice change, instead of watching a Pepe' le Pue like GSP dry hump the desire for any other fighters to fight in MMA, (for fear of another 25 minutes of fighter-molestation). :|

Wow it took you 4 times to realize that. It only took me one brah... :D
Kenny Florian future UFC HOF'er. Deal with it kiddos.

My thoughts are final so dont even bother arguing with me. f**k how you feel.

Scary Poppins
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Scary Poppins » Feb 8. 2012, 18:53

so did it get canceled again over a drug test?

mmayhem
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby mmayhem » Feb 8. 2012, 19:35

Shanks The Dope wrote:MMAyhem, if there is a rematch, is that yearlong AV bet still available?

Sure :D
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin
CRI 78 winner
CRI 73 Winner
UFC on FOX 6 Invitational Winner.

mmayhem
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby mmayhem » Feb 8. 2012, 19:46

Scary Poppins wrote:so did it get canceled again over a drug test?

? whats this
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin
CRI 78 winner
CRI 73 Winner
UFC on FOX 6 Invitational Winner.

emilianenko
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby emilianenko » Feb 8. 2012, 19:55

Losemoney wrote:
SakuEar wrote:
Losemoney wrote:So Diaz gets a rematch against Condit, but Kampmann didn't get a rematch against Sanchez?

or a rematch against shields. kampmann didnt cry enough.

Bad behavior gets you rewards in the UFC.

kampmann won both those fights convincingly, it wasn;t even close, the jake shields match was embarrassing and the sanchez one was just fucking shocking, but you don't hear kampmann complain
Fedor,
Shogun,
Wanderlei

JohnStudd
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby JohnStudd » Feb 8. 2012, 20:26

PooSmear wrote:I cant wait to see Nick cry again when he loses haha. Dana rewards his qq fest with a rematch :lol: I think they should call it the stokcton sniffle.

It had nothing to do with Nicks interview post fight, its all about the fans reaction which was overwhelmingly negative and all part of the plan...

Nick doesn't seem to want the rematch though, I think he might be burnt out and just wants to enjoy some time off with his new cash.

Frustrating, but Carlos gets respect for accepting,

Kole777
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby Kole777 » Feb 8. 2012, 21:10

Whats up with all the condit avatars popping up? wtf...

mmashare-one
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby mmashare-one » Feb 8. 2012, 21:13

Kole777 wrote:Whats up with all the condit avatars popping up? wtf...

I am looking at your AV and LOL !
signature

MethodMMA
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Location: In Vitor's corner, telling him to BLITZ ROCKHOLD AND BODYBAG HIM

Postby MethodMMA » Feb 8. 2012, 21:43

Heard somewhere Diaz failed a drug test. And no I dont have a link.
WAR Belfort, Barboza, Belcher.

Return to “MMA TALK”