Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Condit Accepts Rematch: Poll

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.

Who Would Come Out Victorious in a Rematch?

Carlos Condit
47%
Nick Diaz
53%

Total votes: 220

VoiceOfReason
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Re: Condit Accepts Rematch: Poll

Postby VoiceOfReason » Feb 9. 2012, 14:09

KrazyBee wrote:
Mcintosh 1994 wrote:
SakuEar wrote:woah i dont know why it didnt post my whole comment, but i said you mean the ONE time he did? and you dont think condit will look at that during camp? and you really dont think greg jackson will help him to even IMPROVE on his gameplan after this fight? like do the same thing except commit to more shots? dude seriously its like you dont know anything about mma when diaz is involved!

I actually don't, after watching the fight do you really think he's going to take risks by committing to strikes in a rematch?

Committing? So you're saying he bloodied Diaz up and made him look like an amateur without committing?

Damn he must be really good!

I honestly can't believe that you're still enough of a moron to think that backing up = losing. Go learn some martial arts.

Unfortunately a lot of people think this way because they've never had so much as a lesson's worth of training. There're an awful lot of MMA fans who just want to see two guys beat the crap out of each other, and unfortunately this is why useless criteria such as octagon control and aggression are used to judge fights...it appeases to the masses that don't understand that martial arts is about fighting smarter, not harder. What's the point of throwing 200 strikes if your opponent dodges them all? And what's the point of controlling the centre of the octagon or simply walking forward if your opponent is dancing circles around you and tagging you at will. IMO aggression and octagon control should only be used if there's no other effective means to score a fight (ie: effective striking and grapping are either not taking place, or have been neutralized/negated by each of the two people fighting). To be honest, this might even be the way they already judge it, and if so, that's a good thing IMO. But I'm not certain of this, so if anyone can clarify, I'd appreciate it. It's understandable not to want to see two people do nothing other than dance around the cage for 15-25 minutes, but it would be ridiculous to penalize the very sound strategy that Condit used to win this fight. To be honest, I thought it was a great fight, and if anyone found it boring, I feel sorry for them...maybe they should go watch some old Don Cherry's Rock 'em Sock 'em Hockey videos if all they want to see is a mindless brawl.

You might need to turn off AdBlock

SakuEar
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby SakuEar » Feb 9. 2012, 16:15

KrazyBee wrote:[url]Go learn some martial arts[/url].

dont you mean go learn some UFC?

Mcintosh 1994
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Mcintosh 1994 » Feb 9. 2012, 21:11

KrazyBee wrote:
Mcintosh 1994 wrote:
SakuEar wrote:woah i dont know why it didnt post my whole comment, but i said you mean the ONE time he did? and you dont think condit will look at that during camp? and you really dont think greg jackson will help him to even IMPROVE on his gameplan after this fight? like do the same thing except commit to more shots? dude seriously its like you dont know anything about mma when diaz is involved!

I actually don't, after watching the fight do you really think he's going to take risks by committing to strikes in a rematch?

Committing? So you're saying he bloodied Diaz up and made him look like an amateur without committing?

Damn he must be really good!

I honestly can't believe that you're still enough of a moron to think that backing up = losing. Go learn some martial arts.

Have you watched any of Nick's fights? the guy gets cut and bruised up pretty easy. There's a difference between backing up, and turning your back and running away.
Nick Diaz is the best fighter of all time

Lucky
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Lucky » Feb 10. 2012, 00:35

Mcintosh 1994 wrote:Have you watched any of Nick's fights? the guy gets cut and bruised up pretty easy. There's a difference between backing up, and turning your back and running away.

Good news, Mcintosh! Dana White said that if you publish another 50 comments on why Nick Diaz won that he'll reverse the decision and give the belt to Diaz! You're almost there ... KEEP GOING!

Mcintosh 1994
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Mcintosh 1994 » Feb 10. 2012, 01:05

LuckyRob wrote:
Mcintosh 1994 wrote:Have you watched any of Nick's fights? the guy gets cut and bruised up pretty easy. There's a difference between backing up, and turning your back and running away.

Good news, Mcintosh! Dana White said that if you publish another 50 comments on why Nick Diaz won that he'll reverse the decision and give the belt to Diaz! You're almost there ... KEEP GOING!

I'm sure if Dana came by here he would probably go about getting the site taken down, you know with all the videos he could be making money off of?
Nick Diaz is the best fighter of all time

jojoclown777
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby jojoclown777 » Feb 10. 2012, 01:37

SakuEar wrote:dont you mean go learn some UFC?

:| No.

SakuEar
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby SakuEar » Feb 10. 2012, 02:23

jojoclown777 wrote:
SakuEar wrote:dont you mean go learn some UFC?

:| No.

why not?!

KyleJ2008
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby KyleJ2008 » Feb 11. 2012, 20:32

Unfortunately a lot of people think this way because they've never had so much as a lesson's worth of training. There're an awful lot of MMA fans who just want to see two guys beat the crap out of each other, and unfortunately this is why useless criteria such as octagon control and aggression are used to judge fights...it appeases to the masses that don't understand that martial arts is about fighting smarter, not harder. What's the point of throwing 200 strikes if your opponent dodges them all? And what's the point of controlling the centre of the octagon or simply walking forward if your opponent is dancing circles around you and tagging you at will. IMO aggression and octagon control should only be used if there's no other effective means to score a fight (ie: effective striking and grapping are either not taking place, or have been neutralized/negated by each of the two people fighting). To be honest, this might even be the way they already judge it, and if so, that's a good thing IMO. But I'm not certain of this, so if anyone can clarify, I'd appreciate it. It's understandable not to want to see two people do nothing other than dance around the cage for 15-25 minutes, but it would be ridiculous to penalize the very sound strategy that Condit used to win this fight. To be honest, I thought it was a great fight, and if anyone found it boring, I feel sorry for them...maybe they should go watch some old Don Cherry's Rock 'em Sock 'em Hockey videos if all they want to see is a mindless brawl.

+1 bro
This is exactly what I was saying. Mindless walking forward and eating shots doesn't equal victory. Executing a well trained gameplan and picking your opponent apart is what fighting is about, not taking shots to give a few like a neanderthal. Fighting is strategy and execution, something all these fanboys don't and possibly can never understand. The only reason nick wasn't finished in this fight is because he's a tough, thick-skulled s.o.b. Cuz Condit landed a lot of clean combos the whole fight. it's all irrelevant at this point anyhow, Diaz' unprofessionalism got him suspended for failed drug test, so looks like his "redemption"will have to wait. In the meantime I will be eagerly waiting GSP vs Condit.
Kyle "The Jackhammer" Jackson 7-2

paulsac
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
Location: making my penis do windmills in the middle of a hurricane...

Postby paulsac » Feb 12. 2012, 03:23

So I'm a huge diaz fan, the fight was close but deep down in my heart I knew condit was top of the heap. With diaz testing positive I see condit waiting for gsp, but gsp wants diaz. Now I'm not sure diaz will beat gsp on the feet anymore. I think rush will use his lightning jab, footwork, and speed to tool him. However I see condit as the best ww atm. But gsp will lnp him. This fight did answer some questions, I just don't lik the answer. Gsp's reign continues even if he vacates his belt.
Dan Henderson will always be my favorite fighter for everthing he has accomplished and the little credit he gets. Here is a man who's career is the definition of p4p and everybody acts like he's never beaten anyone.

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Aug 3. 2017, 16:38

from page 10

rique wrote:
Sasori wrote:
ikugan wrote:What defines a true warrior

A fighter who tries to *finish* a fight via a KO or a submission and not try to "win/survive/steal a fight though the point system. That's a true warrior. Unless you're black. Then you're automatically a warrior in my eyes.  ::love

i.e. Shogun vs Dan Hendreson those are warriors.

rique's comment fixed and updated for racism & hypocrisy.

therealweagle
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby therealweagle » Aug 3. 2017, 17:45

Kizzo wrote:from page 10

rique wrote:

A fighter who tries to *finish* a fight via a KO or a submission and not try to "win/survive/steal a fight though the point system. That's a true warrior. Unless you're black. Then you're automatically a warrior in my eyes.  ::love

Its time to put down the internet, kizzo.
You have to have something better to do than this.
Its better to let ppl think you're a fool than post a butthurt reply and prove them right.
CRI 89, CRI 105 and TUF 14 Invitational Winner
"Why would I hold him down when I can stare him down." Hendo
Wiedman>Silva Sas

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Aug 3. 2017, 17:48

therealweagle wrote:

rique wrote:

Its time to put down the internet, kizzo.
You have to have something better to do than this.

I'm good at multitasking.

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Aug 3. 2017, 21:40

rique wrote:

:laugh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

Return to “MMA TALK”