Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Condit Accepts Rematch: Poll

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.

Who Would Come Out Victorious in a Rematch?

Carlos Condit
47%
Nick Diaz
53%

Total votes: 220

willyg44
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Condit Accepts Rematch: Poll

Postby willyg44 » Feb 8. 2012, 00:03

So according to the link, he supposedly accepted the rematch and is going to be talking to the UFC about it. Source is more often than not reliable IIRC. So might as well start a poll. Who do you think would win in a rematch? No no, not who do you think won the first fight or how you think Condit is the most boring fighter ever, or Diaz is a crybaby. Just who do you think would take the rematch? Would DIAZ be able to come up with a plan to corner down Condit and land flurries, or be able to take him down and control him? Will Condit pick him apart?

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/383512/Condit-accepts-rematch-with-Diaz/

At UFC 143 on Saturday, Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit fought five rounds for the UFC Interim Welterweight title, with Condit winning the unanimous decision. The outcome was controversial, with Diaz, along with many fans, fighters, and media members feeling that his constant forward pressure was enough to win a clear decision.

At the post-fight press conference, UFC President Dana White said he was open to the possibility of a rematch, but made it clear that both parties had to be eager to fight. As Diaz was so maddened by the decision that he announced his retirement immediately post-bout in the Octagon, and because yesterday Condit's camp indicated they were not interested, there was little hope that the rematch would be made.

However, sources close to the deal just confirmed with The Underground that Carlos Condit has accepted a rematch with Nick Diaz, with the UFC Interim Welterweight title again on the line.

Condit said 'Yes, I accept the rematch' and will be in Las Vegas on Thursday to finalize the deal.

The winner will presumably face GSP for the Unified Welterweight title, when the Canadian recovers fully from knee surgery, which is expected to be around November.

It's unclear at this time as to when the rematch will take place, but it looks like the fans have got what they asked for.

You might need to turn off AdBlock

Last edited by willyg44 on Feb 8. 2012, 00:30, edited 1 time in total.

traeblack
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: Condit Supposedly Accepts Rematch: Poll

Postby traeblack » Feb 8. 2012, 00:05

So it looks like Diaz and Cesar bitched hard enough to get a rematch after he retires, how many times does the UFC plan on trying to give Condit hard penis in his ass? Let the man fight GSP, have Diaz fight Kos, winner gets winner. Its that simple.

jizzothekid
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby jizzothekid » Feb 8. 2012, 00:06

ouch! i dont see condit having the same luck against diaz the second time
I am Error.

willyg44
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby willyg44 » Feb 8. 2012, 00:07

traeblack wrote:So it looks like Diaz and Cesar bitched hard enough to get a rematch after he retires, how many times does the UFC plan on trying to give Condit hard penis in his ass? Let the man fight GSP, have Diaz fight Kos, winner gets winner. Its that simple.

It is 9 months until November though. What if GSP can't come back for November, and is out longer? The WW division could get held up for a whole year like the LW division. Then you have a few contenders, and someone inevitably gets stepped over or misses an opportunity. If he has to fight someone, I guess Diaz would make sense.

To be honest, Condit is in the exact position Edgar was with Penn lol

RBCa
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby RBCa » Feb 8. 2012, 00:11

Condit gets more respect from me if this is true.
MMAShare: A Dickrider's wet-dream.

Pencil
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby Pencil » Feb 8. 2012, 00:12

It is pretty common for inconclusive high profile fights to have an immediate rematches so this news doesn't surprise me at all. Given how weak the first fight was however, puts somewhat of a damper on the rematch.

ThaRealDeal_209
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby ThaRealDeal_209 » Feb 8. 2012, 00:17

Image :/
DONT BE SCARED HOMIE!

RBCa
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby RBCa » Feb 8. 2012, 00:18

ThaRealDeal_209 wrote:Image :/

:?
MMAShare: A Dickrider's wet-dream.

swick017
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby swick017 » Feb 8. 2012, 00:18

Ya Dana White said the rumor is true on twitter and they are going to fight in the summer. Justice is surved!!!!!!
'’apparently the only way to kill a lion is by rear naked choke…personally i’d just kick it in the head.'' – Bas Rutten

traeblack
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby traeblack » Feb 8. 2012, 00:19

Glad to see this, let Diaz stay in retirement anyway. If he wants to return, he has to work his way back up from the bottom like everybody else.

swick017
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby swick017 » Feb 8. 2012, 00:20

https://twitter.com/#!/danawhite
'’apparently the only way to kill a lion is by rear naked choke…personally i’d just kick it in the head.'' – Bas Rutten

swick017
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby swick017 » Feb 8. 2012, 00:21

traeblack wrote:

Glad to see this, let Diaz stay in retirement anyway. If he wants to return, he has to work his way back up from the bottom like everybody else.

Dana white say the exact oppisite on his twitter and I belive him more.

ThaRealDeal_209
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby ThaRealDeal_209 » Feb 8. 2012, 00:22

hes gettin it!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! f**k YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DONT BE SCARED HOMIE!

Markoray
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Markoray » Feb 8. 2012, 00:22

:D
Last edited by Markoray on Feb 8. 2012, 00:26, edited 1 time in total.
Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira, Maurício Rua, Anderson Silva, Junior dos Santos, José Aldo, Nick Diaz, Michael Bisping, Alistair Overeem.

Return to “MMA TALK”