Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

FINALLY... Condit could go to UFC

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
bluesymckay
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

FINALLY... Condit could go to UFC

Postby bluesymckay » Jan 28. 2009, 23:22

From FiveOucesOfPain
Carlos Condit set to move to UFC’s welterweight division; could debut vs. Kampmann at UFN 18

January 27, 2009 by Sam Caplan

Leave a comment

A title defense by World Extreme Cagefighting welterweight champion Carlos Condit against Brock Larson that had been scheduled for WEC 39 on March 1 in Corpus Christi, Texas has been canceled due to an injury sustained by Larson.

Instead of finding a new opponent for Condit, sources have informed FiveOuncesOfPain.com that Zuffa officials have decided to transfer Condit to the UFC’s welterweight division. Additionally, Condit’s Octagon debut could take place in a televised bout during UFC Fight Night 18 on April 1 against Martin Kampmann.

Condit is 22-4 overall in a pro MMA career that began in 2002. Since joining the WEC, he is 5-0 with notable victories over Larson, Hiromitsu Miura, Carlo Prater, and John Alessio. Outside of the promotion, the 24-year old holds notable victories over Frank Trigg, Renato Verissimo, Takuya Wada, and Koji Oshi.

While a final decision has not been made, indications are that the WEC’s welterweight division could be discontinued on a permanent basis. This past December, the promotion disbanded its light heavyweight and middleweight weight classes with most of the divisions’ best fighters having subsequently been transferred to the UFC.

If the WEC moves to end its 170 pound division, fighters that could follow Condit into the UFC include Larson, Miura, Prater, former NCAA champion Johny Hendricks, American Top Team black belt Danilo Villefort, Jesse Lennox, Edgar Garcia, Alex Serdyukov, Justin Haskins, and Luis Sapo.

The WEC had made attempts in recent months to bolster the depth in its welterweight division but was unsuccessful after several fighters it had been interested in were unsuccessful in getting out of contracts with other organizations.

If Condit vs. Kampamann becomes finalized, it could serve as UFN 18’s main event. The card is set to emanate from Nashville, Tennessee with reported matchups that include season eight lightweight winner from The Ultimate Fighter Efrain Escudero taking on Jeremy Stephens; TUF 8 light heavyweight winner Ryan Bader vs. Carmelo Marrero; Tyson Griffin vs. Rafael dos Anjos; Matt Horwich vs. Ricardo Almeida; Steve Steinbeiss vs. Ryan Jensen; Aaron Simpson vs. Tim McKenzie; and Junie Browning vs. Cole Miller.

spookx
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby spookx » Jan 29. 2009, 01:00

condit's a pussy and wont do shit in the ufc kampman would rape his ass
THIS IS MMA ALL YOU FAKERS CAN GO PLAY WITH VINCE

jojoclown777
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby jojoclown777 » Jan 29. 2009, 01:18

Carlos Condit? Oh, I thought that was Barry Pepper.

Coach Rich
Drunken old fart
Drunken old fart

Postby Coach Rich » Jan 29. 2009, 03:30

I really hope this happens. Carlos has already went through the WW divisions competition in the WEC and now their giving guys rematches. He needs a new challenge. I think Carlos will do well in the UFC but will have problem with the top guys like GSP, Fitch, Alzes, Kos, ect.

bluesymckay
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby bluesymckay » Jan 29. 2009, 08:53

Coach Rich wrote:I really hope this happens. Carlos has already went through the WW divisions competition in the WEC and now their giving guys rematches. He needs a new challenge. I think Carlos will do well in the UFC but will have problem with the top guys like GSP, Fitch, Alzes, Kos, ect.

I think all it's going to take is some more experience witht the big name guys, i say give him 2 to 2 1/2 years to really up him game plan.

hippielove
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Re: FINALLY... Condit could go to UFC

Postby hippielove » Mar 15. 2018, 17:25

gees, this spam is getting ridiculous  :roll:
:spam
Peace, Love and Happiness stuff

MajorBA
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby MajorBA » Mar 15. 2018, 21:28

hippielove wrote:gees, this spam is getting ridiculous  :roll:

I'm curious where the fuckstick is that's supposed to be responding to reports about that kind of bullshit.  That account should have been shut down promptly a long time ago.
"If they will play fair I will play fair, but if they won't then I reserve all my rights to do anything I find myself able to do."-William Howard Taft

"We can't cure stupid, but we can alleviate it's symptoms."-MajorBA

hippielove
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby hippielove » Mar 16. 2018, 11:27

MajorBA wrote:
hippielove wrote:gees, this spam is getting ridiculous  :roll:

I'm curious where the fuckstick is that's supposed to be responding to reports about that kind of bullshit.  That account should have been shut down promptly a long time ago.

Probably watching Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball video still...  :oops:
I want lie, I watch it ‘twice’!  :mrgreen:
So you know he/she is too!  :P

hippielove
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby hippielove » Mar 17. 2018, 11:49

Asskicker3000 wrote:guest test post
bbcode
<a href="http://temresults2018.com/">html</a>
http://temresults2018.com/ simple

Now this I find very interesting!
Look at his 120 post! (read them)
And now, he’s the ‘MAD’ spammer?
WTF!  :doctor

RICHDOGPAIL
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby RICHDOGPAIL » Mar 17. 2018, 21:23

would love to see Condit in the mix, nice match ups for him over there.

would be a great match if him and Diaz would ever fight. I predict an all out war!

MajorBA
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby MajorBA » Mar 17. 2018, 21:32

RICHDOGPAIL wrote:would love to see Condit in the mix, nice match ups for him over there.

would be a great match if him and Diaz would ever fight.  I predict an all out war!

I predict Condit would win that one by a controversial decision after a brutal five rounds. :lol: :roll:
"If they will play fair I will play fair, but if they won't then I reserve all my rights to do anything I find myself able to do."-William Howard Taft

"We can't cure stupid, but we can alleviate it's symptoms."-MajorBA

RICHDOGPAIL
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby RICHDOGPAIL » Mar 18. 2018, 14:56

MajorBA wrote:
RICHDOGPAIL wrote:would love to see Condit in the mix, nice match ups for him over there.

would be a great match if him and Diaz would ever fight.  I predict an all out war!

I predict Condit would win that one by a controversial decision after a brutal five rounds. :lol: :roll:

where is your evidence for this??? Condit always brings it and never backs down!  him and Diaz would be fire works if they ever flight!

Return to “MMA TALK”