Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Toney: 'Wrestling and jiu-jitsu are for girls'

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
User avatar
KileKing
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Posts: 2190
Joined: Oct 21. 2009, 21:53

Re: Toney: 'Wrestling and jiu-jitsu are for girls'

Postby KileKing » Jul 22. 2010, 15:03

Yeah, UFC couldn't force Toney to say particular stuff even if they wanted to. The guy does what he wants. If you watched any of his interactions with UFC it was clear that he doesn't care what UFC idea of fight is. Toney is his own man and he says crazy shit all the time. To imply that UFC has anything to do with the words Toney is saying makes no sense on at least 3 levels.
Can't wait to see Randy take this guy to school in MMA. And the sad thing is, Randy's schooling still won't change anything in Toney's mind. :(

User avatar
kamphuis33
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Posts: 4269
Joined: Jan 17. 2009, 21:02
Location: 504

Re: Toney: 'Wrestling and jiu-jitsu are for girls'

Postby kamphuis33 » Jul 22. 2010, 15:07

It will be a damn shame if he does go in there and destroys Couture
Enemy of free mansonary

User avatar
A-ROCC
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Posts: 3077
Joined: Jul 20. 2008, 16:30
Location: Seattle

Re: Toney: 'Wrestling and jiu-jitsu are for girls'

Postby A-ROCC » Jul 22. 2010, 15:50

lol dude is funny but thats messed up. i cant wait for this fight.

User avatar
KrazyBee
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Posts: 10499
Joined: Dec 5. 2009, 19:26

Re: Toney: 'Wrestling and jiu-jitsu are for girls'

Postby KrazyBee » Jul 22. 2010, 16:37

KileKing wrote:Yeah, UFC couldn't force Toney to say particular stuff even if they wanted to. The guy does what he wants. If you watched any of his interactions with UFC it was clear that he doesn't care what UFC idea of fight is. Toney is his own man and he says crazy shit all the time. To imply that UFC has anything to do with the words Toney is saying makes no sense on at least 3 levels.
Can't wait to see Randy take this guy to school in MMA. And the sad thing is, Randy's schooling still won't change anything in Toney's mind. :(


You seen the countdown shows where they get dull personalities to read smack off cards? Like Hardy.

User avatar
KrazyBee
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Posts: 10499
Joined: Dec 5. 2009, 19:26

Re: Toney: 'Wrestling and jiu-jitsu are for girls'

Postby KrazyBee » Jul 22. 2010, 16:41

akxos wrote:
randy and toney are legends and they know how to hype a fight by their self ufc didn had to ask them stfu pls u are the moron, u are the hater, u think ur smart but sorry ur just an idiot, toney always talk shit bevore his fights even when he wasnt in the ufc pls if u really hate the ufc so much dont watch it go watch bellator its much better i agree



Bellator is actually quite enjoyable, guess we agree there.

Im not taking anything away from Randy and Toney and their accomplishments. But its clear Toney doesnt sell - thats why hes not boxing anymore. Average fans wont care about him now for the same reason they didnt care when he was the greatest super middleweight of all time. The only way to sell this fight is to make it about boxing vs mma.

The guy obviously wants to try it, and all interviews he did before signing with the UFC he showed good understanding of the sport and had a good grasp on who the fighters were. I just think theres gotta be some serious prompting here. Nobody cares about randy fighting a washed up, overweight boxer otherwise. Lets be honest.

akxos
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
Posts: 863
Joined: Jan 16. 2010, 06:33

Re: Toney: 'Wrestling and jiu-jitsu are for girls'

Postby akxos » Jul 22. 2010, 16:46

w/e its a very interesting fight to me, not to know who is the new hw contender but just for that mma vs boxing thing, i guess the hype got me :D damn i'm pumped up for this fight

User avatar
Aggression
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Posts: 2766
Joined: Nov 18. 2007, 02:25
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Toney: 'Wrestling and jiu-jitsu are for girls'

Postby Aggression » Jul 22. 2010, 16:57

KrazyBee wrote:If you read this and go on to post something about how you hope he gets his ass beat, boxing is so much easier etc - you're a fucking idiot.

Toney is being TOLD to say this shit by UFC management because NOBODY cares about this fight unless the boxing vs mma aspect is really played on. And so many idiots are buying it.


Bingo this is exactly what I was thinking. He is trying to sell this fight. These words are completely hollow in my eyes. Didnt toney. a while back, predict he would win by a choke? I recall him saying that.
"Going where there is no road will make a new road."

User avatar
moose84
News Pimp
News Pimp
Posts: 21196
Joined: Jul 25. 2009, 18:57
Location: 6x CRI Champ - XV~LX~LXXX~LXXXI~CVII~CXV, 10x VIP Invitational Champ, 2x LMS Champ - I & VIII

Re: Toney: 'Wrestling and jiu-jitsu are for girls'

Postby moose84 » Jul 22. 2010, 17:20

A-ROCC wrote:lol dude is funny but thats messed up. i cant wait for this fight.



THIS
LEATHER, ITS WHATS FOR DINNER! - PAT MILETICH

WHO WANTS A KO FOR CHRISTMAS! - FRANK SHAMROCK


MMI & OCT VS. DPI & GUS - MEXICAN STANDOFF

User avatar
KileKing
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Posts: 2190
Joined: Oct 21. 2009, 21:53

Re: Toney: 'Wrestling and jiu-jitsu are for girls'

Postby KileKing » Jul 22. 2010, 18:38

KrazyBee wrote:
KileKing wrote:Yeah, UFC couldn't force Toney to say particular stuff even if they wanted to. The guy does what he wants. If you watched any of his interactions with UFC it was clear that he doesn't care what UFC idea of fight is. Toney is his own man and he says crazy shit all the time. To imply that UFC has anything to do with the words Toney is saying makes no sense on at least 3 levels.
Can't wait to see Randy take this guy to school in MMA. And the sad thing is, Randy's schooling still won't change anything in Toney's mind. :(


You seen the countdown shows where they get dull personalities to read smack off cards? Like Hardy.


The fact that there are fighters where UFC can "assist" them with the wording for the purposes of hype, ... you do not need to convince me of that. I already buy that. But I will not buy anything that has to do with UFC making Toney say one thing or another. The guy is completely self righteous and does what he wants to.

User avatar
PooSmear
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
Posts: 16086
Joined: May 23. 2009, 17:27
Location: the interwebs
Contact:

Re: Toney: 'Wrestling and jiu-jitsu are for girls'

Postby PooSmear » Jul 22. 2010, 18:39

Maybe he would get some girls if he knew any jits ;)
I'd like a lettuce, tomato and Munster on rye
All this cheese is gonna make me cry
Gorgonzola, Provolone
Don't even get me started on this microphone.
-MCA



Im probably drunk and stuff...

Lok
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP
Posts: 27
Joined: Jun 28. 2010, 09:47

Re: Toney: 'Wrestling and jiu-jitsu are for girls'

Postby Lok » Jul 22. 2010, 19:29

This trash talking before fights is so boring. I've found that the more people talk trash before the fight, the more boring the fight itself is going to be. The only reason for people to do this shit is if they know they won't get anyone to watch it otherwise. If you're a great fighter who puts on good fights, you don't need trash talk. If you're an average/sub-par fighter with a bad self esteem, trash talk is for you!

User avatar
Sharky
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
Posts: 787
Joined: Dec 1. 2007, 00:30
Location: Australia

Re: Toney: 'Wrestling and jiu-jitsu are for girls'

Postby Sharky » Jul 23. 2010, 01:28

If I recall correctly from back when I was studying psychology 5 years ago, there are studies which evidence that homophobia for many people is linked with insecurities of ones own masculinity or sexual preference.
"That is MMA anyone can lose. It just happens. If you are a true MMA fan you should judge on the body of work not one fight" - Shane Carwin

User avatar
kensei010
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP
Posts: 1299
Joined: Mar 21. 2009, 09:22

Re: Toney: 'Wrestling and jiu-jitsu are for girls'

Postby kensei010 » Jul 23. 2010, 02:01

Salesman trying to sell himself. Shame no one takes him seriously. I hope Randy beat him easily with his GNP.

User avatar
KrazyBee
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Posts: 10499
Joined: Dec 5. 2009, 19:26

Re: Toney: 'Wrestling and jiu-jitsu are for girls'

Postby KrazyBee » Jul 23. 2010, 09:03

kensei010 wrote:Salesman trying to sell himself. Shame no one takes him seriously. I hope Randy beat him easily with his GNP.


Hey they NEED him to sell himself. Nobody from boxing cares about him anymore, an nobody in mma knows who he is.


Return to “MMA TALK”