Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

Toney: 'Wrestling and jiu-jitsu are for girls'

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
humps
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Toney: 'Wrestling and jiu-jitsu are for girls'

Postby humps » Jul 22. 2010, 11:42

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=4917

News
Back to News Index
21/07/10 - James Toney: "Wrestling and jiu jitsu are for girls"

He supposedly choked out Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion Muhammad ‘King Mo’ Lawal during a training session (with a guillotine or an RNC depending which version he tells you), but heavyweight boxer James Toney still says “all that jiu jitsu stuff is for girls”.

The former heavyweight boxing champion tells Fighters Only that he has no fear of being out-wrestled by Couture, nor is he fazed at the prospect of fighting a man who has held both the heavyweight and the light-heavyweight titles in the UFC.

“I don’t care if Randy Couture is a legend in this sport, I have had a career of knocking guys out in their back yards. Boxing is the superior science, we are the best. I am going to show that wrestling and hugging people is for women. That’s not going to happen against me. I have a lot of KO’s in my career and you will see another one on August 28th,” Toney told us.

Asked if the rumours about him submitting King Mo in one of their training sessions is true, Toney said it is. (Although the original version of the rumour had Toney submitting Lawal - a former Olympic wrestler - with a guillotine.)

“Yeah its true, I worked with King Mo. He was happy to come down and spar with me. He showed me some skills and I submitted him with a rear-naked choke. But you know that jiu jitsu, all the hugging… its for girls,” says Toney, who seemingly finds “hugging” another man to be the most alarming prospect of a fight with Couture.

Many fans are sceptical when it comes to Toney’s claims to have submitted Lawal but he doesn’t care, because he is planning a KO not a submission. And if he does win? Toney has repeatedly called for a fight with Brock Lesnar and he stands by his claims he can beat the former WWE star.

“Come on man. Lesnar is a former wrestler-actor [and he’s] now in the UFC. He runs with his head down. Yeah I want to fight him down the line. I’ll fight the lot of them - in one night if I have to!”

I can't wait for Couture to shut this asshole's mouth
Optima Sperando Spiro

jojoclown777
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: Toney: 'Wrestling and jiu-jitsu are for girls'

Postby jojoclown777 » Jul 22. 2010, 11:46

Finally, someone with the gall to tell it like it is.

MethodMMA
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Location: In Vitor's corner, telling him to BLITZ ROCKHOLD AND BODYBAG HIM

Postby MethodMMA » Jul 22. 2010, 11:50

jojoclown777 wrote:Finally, someone with the gall to tell it like it is.

Are you talking about Toney?
WAR Belfort, Barboza, Belcher.

KrazyBee
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby KrazyBee » Jul 22. 2010, 11:58

If you read this and go on to post something about how you hope he gets his ass beat, boxing is so much easier etc - you're a fucking idiot.

Toney is being TOLD to say this shit by UFC management because NOBODY cares about this fight unless the boxing vs mma aspect is really played on. And so many idiots are buying it.

jojoclown777
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby jojoclown777 » Jul 22. 2010, 12:02

MethodMMA wrote:Are you talking about Toney?

HELL yeah.

humps
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby humps » Jul 22. 2010, 12:06

MethodMMA wrote:
jojoclown777 wrote:Finally, someone with the gall to tell it like it is.

Are you talking about Toney?

Jojo is just being satirical
Optima Sperando Spiro

akxos
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby akxos » Jul 22. 2010, 12:12

KrazyBee wrote:If you read this and go on to post something about how you hope he gets his ass beat, boxing is so much easier etc - you're a fucking idiot.

Toney is being TOLD to say this shit by UFC management because NOBODY cares about this fight unless the boxing vs mma aspect is really played on. And so many idiots are buying it.

once again ur see a conspiracy in the ufc ... dude stop hating you obviously dont know who james toney is ... its just how he is, ufc dont need to ask him anything he will say it by himself

DeadpoolReckoning
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby DeadpoolReckoning » Jul 22. 2010, 12:55

I agree with Mr. Toney. Randy isn't going to lay on Toney for 3 rounds like a homosexual.

I'm actually hoping randy will get mount and Toney taps out without taking damage. They should let him wear one boxing glove to.
"Through lightest day or darkest light,
Don't need no bling to join the fight.
We're mercs with mouths and so much more,
Yippee-Ki-Yay, were the deadpool corps!"

cathal
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby cathal » Jul 22. 2010, 13:24

i just cant wait 4 this fight and to see what the fucks gonna happen,i dont know one person thats cheering 4 toney,its gonna be like rocky v hulk hogan or some shit lol,bring it on!!

KrazyBee
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby KrazyBee » Jul 22. 2010, 13:32

akxos wrote:
KrazyBee wrote:If you read this and go on to post something about how you hope he gets his ass beat, boxing is so much easier etc - you're a fucking idiot.

once again ur see a conspiracy in the ufc ... dude stop hating you obviously dont know who james toney is ... its just how he is, ufc dont need to ask him anything he will say it by himself

Wow... you're a moron. So because I'm pointing out the obvious that this is the only way they can sell the match I obviously dont know who james toney is :roll:

Seriously - stick to the Brock threads. Theres a difference between conspiracy and obvious hyping - its why they stage shoving matches at weigh ins and shit like that. Learn something about the business you claim to enjoy watching.

willyg44
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby willyg44 » Jul 22. 2010, 13:46

Yeah it's obvious hype. This stuff sells fights all of the time, it's great marketing, why not? There is probably part truth and stuff to what they say to hype fights, but that part truth is blown up to seem like a hugely intense thing. We'll see what happens fight night. I was interested in this fight regardless, Toney is just annoying me now lol.

Sasori
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Sasori » Jul 22. 2010, 14:03

Hes got a point there :D

PooSmear
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby PooSmear » Jul 22. 2010, 14:33

I hope randy knocks him the f**k out so we dont have to hear about how bad ass boxing is from this retard...
I'd like a lettuce, tomato and Munster on rye
All this cheese is gonna make me cry
Gorgonzola, Provolone
Don't even get me started on this microphone.
-MCA

Im probably drunk and stuff...

akxos
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby akxos » Jul 22. 2010, 14:51

KrazyBee wrote:
akxos wrote:

Wow... you're a moron. So because I'm pointing out the obvious that this is the only way they can sell the match I obviously dont know who james toney is :roll:

Seriously - stick to the Brock threads. Theres a difference between conspiracy and obvious hyping - its why they stage shoving matches at weigh ins and shit like that. Learn something about the business you claim to enjoy watching.

randy and toney are legends and they know how to hype a fight by their self ufc didn had to ask them stfu pls u are the moron, u are the hater, u think ur smart but sorry ur just an idiot, toney always talk shit bevore his fights even when he wasnt in the ufc pls if u really hate the ufc so much dont watch it go watch bellator its much better i agree

Return to “MMA TALK”