Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

Аптonio ‘Miпoтauro’ Noguеiгa plans on completing his UFC contract before retiring by the end of 2015

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
D_SHINOBI_B
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Аптonio ‘Miпoтauro’ Noguеiгa plans on completing his UFC contract before retiring by the end of 2015

Postby D_SHINOBI_B » Aug 22. 2014, 17:19

Former UFC interim heavyweight champion Antonio ‘Minotauro’ Nogueira revealed that he plans on retiring by the end of 2015 when he completes his UFC contract.

Дntonio ‘Minotauro' Nogueira is not prepared to hang up the gloves just yet.

The former PRIDE heavyweight champion revealed that he plans on fighting until the end of 2015, which would allow him to complete the two fights remaining on his current UFC contract.

"I know I won't fight forever," Nogueira told Ag. Fight. "I'm focused on my gym's business now. It's a beautiful work, we have 9,000 students, 32 gyms. ... I plan to end my career by the end of the next year, I believe. One more year. It's until the point my body can handle.

"So many injuries, I'm dedicating to other things now. I will decide when the time comes. I have two more fights in my contract, and then I'll stop (fighting)."

Nogueira compiled a 34-9-1 record during his storied career and will likely be remembered as one of the legends of the sport, even though he has lost four of his last six fights, including a vicious KO loss to Roy Nelson in Abu Dhabi last April. It was following that violent stoppage that fans and pundits began to seriously call for the Brazilian's retirement.

The former UFC interim champion does not understand the criticism. Using the unique example of Randy Couture, who fought until the age of 47, Nogueira attempted to contrast fandom in the USA and Brazil, where Americans considered Couture a national hero, while critical Brazilian fans called for his retirement.

They want to rush my retirement. The fans are very critical in Brazil," he said. "You see Randy Couture's career. He has two wins for each loss, and he's treated like an idol. He's Capitan American, national hero. I have four wins for each loss, and they say I have to retire.

"Brazilians are very critical, and I think it's a bad mentality for the athlete."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/22/6056689/ufc-antonio-nogueira-not-retiring-before-end-of-2015-mma-news
Last edited by D_SHINOBI_B on Aug 22. 2014, 20:49, edited 4 times in total.
''IM JUDO TRIPPIN SON!!''

JohnStudd
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: Аптonio ‘Miпoтauro’ Noguеiгa plans on completing his UFC contract before retiring by the end of 2015

Postby JohnStudd » Aug 22. 2014, 17:59

Yeah I don't think the Johnson KO is any reason to hang em up, and he beat Rashad not all that long ago. Lets see how his next couple go, if he wins em I doubt that'll be the end of his run.

Mikey_Riddlin
H.O.F. CRI5
H.O.F. CRI5

Re: Аптonio ‘Miпoтauro’ Noguеiгa plans on completing his UFC contract before retiring by the end of 2015

Postby Mikey_Riddlin » Aug 22. 2014, 18:39

JohnStudd wrote:Yeah I don't think the Johnson KO is any reason to hang em up, and he beat Rashad not all that long ago. Lets see how his next couple go, if he wins em I doubt that'll be the end of his run.

Wrong Nogueira hahah. This article is about Big Nog.
6-4 AV bet record

0hi0direct
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby 0hi0direct » Aug 22. 2014, 21:26

lol. Yes. This Nog has had his Noggin rang a few too many times.

Love and respect to Big Nog. But he needs to chill out and enjoy the profits of those 9000 students. Fighting into paralysis will not allow that. His last two fights need to be against some ground guys IMO. Some match-ups that can save him from getting his chin cracked.
"The hardest person to lead, is always yourself."

Yes, I blatantly stole redrockretard's A/V inspiration. Thank you my friend!

Synergy
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Synergy » Aug 23. 2014, 03:00

He is the second greatest HW of all time. However his body and chin have quit on him a while back and its just gotten worse now.

He looks so slow & his reflexes are terrible. In addition he now is unconscious as soon as anyone lands a decent shot on his chin, while earlier he at Fedor bombs for 5 rounds and was fine.

Think Big Nog doesn't understand why fans want him to retire. We (especially fans who have watched him fight in Pride), want to remember that fighter, not the current washed up fighter trying to collect cheques.
Sadly he won't retire because he has 2 big paydays left on his contract and he wants to collect those cheques.

MANTIS TOBOGGAN
TWO TIME CRI CHAMPION
TWO TIME CRI CHAMPION

Postby MANTIS TOBOGGAN » Aug 23. 2014, 03:56

Sad to see nog ended up as one of the guys that doesn't know when to call it quits...shame
"it's generally because I learned that lesson the hard way.
The cost of that wisdom came as the result of a fuck-up.
Typically with a large price tag"
-Coach Rich-

CRI-XXII-LXXVI-CHAMPION

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Aug 23. 2014, 05:03

MANTIS TOBOGGAN wrote:Sad to see nog ended up as one of the guys that doesn't know when to call it quits...shame

I heard that he got Ciprofloxacin or some other Fluoroquinolone and as a result had his knee get fucked up during that year.

If that's the case it's very hard to move pain free and think straight, let alone fight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

JohnStudd
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby JohnStudd » Aug 23. 2014, 05:29

Mikey_Riddlin wrote:
JohnStudd wrote:Yeah I don't think the Johnson KO is any reason to hang em up, and he beat Rashad not all that long ago. Lets see how his next couple go, if he wins em I doubt that'll be the end of his run.

:oops:

look at me all topical minded, maybe I should actually read the OP...

Well, minotauro should def hang em up, that is all.

RICH_DOGPAIL
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
Location: DOGPAIL INDUSTRIES: A legendary movement run by Phteves

Postby RICH_DOGPAIL » Aug 23. 2014, 10:29

JohnStudd wrote:
Mikey_Riddlin wrote:

:oops:

look at me all topical minded, maybe I should actually read the OP...

Well, minotauro should def hang em up, that is all.

You got to READ the articles John!!!.... lol, as u know im guilty of this ;)

@ Robert the tranny- what does cipro have to do with mental stability and knee pain, I don't recall that antibiotic having those side effects.... im not being a know it all, I just didn't know any of this.

@article: he was saying he wanted one more fight with Mir a while back before retiring... now he wants two?? He looked horrible against Big Country. I think hes really accomplished more than anyone can hope for in the sport and hes got a lot going on in Brazil.... time to let go. Really sad for both Nogs the way they both lost recently. These guys are pioneers, especially Big Nog... ill never forget that fight with Crocop in Pride.

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Aug 23. 2014, 14:11

I'm not a tranny.

Cipro does a lot more than this, just look at:
http://www.ciproispoison.com
http://www.floxiehope.com
http://www.survivingcipro.com

It can rupture tendons by inhibiting collagen type 1 production, cause major psychological problems, cartilage "melting" in joints, etc etc...
The worst thing is you can take it multiple times without a problem and BAM third time you're fucked.
This stuff can take up to 6 years to resolve and it's no joke.

My opinion:
It's a good drug and has it's place BUT only if there are zero alternatives with less side effects available and a culture has been done to ensure that there really are no other alternatives.
This goes for all Fluoroquinolones (Avelox, Levaquin, etc...)

If you got the time you can google it.
There's a lot of info out there:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=_Nr4U9WyMMLRywOQioD4BA&url=http://www.myquinstory.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/FLOX_REPORT_REV_11.pdf&cd=2&ved=0CCIQFjAB&usg=AFQjCNHpIZJvnbcNnKmeuNevT9JJSJEvQQ&sig2=51-gZNJccA7L0FaXhNGhBg

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/news/20080708/fda-warning-cipro-may-rupture-tendons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

MajorBA
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: guest test title

Postby MajorBA » Mar 12. 2018, 20:46

Guestjoums wrote:guest test post
bbcode
<a href="http://temresults2018.com/">html</a>
http://temresults2018.com/ simple

Dude, go f**k yourself.  What kind of total Asshole would keep bumping these insignificant threads?  Better yet, f**k off and die.
"If they will play fair I will play fair, but if they won't then I reserve all my rights to do anything I find myself able to do."-William Howard Taft

"We can't cure stupid, but we can alleviate it's symptoms."-MajorBA

RICHDOGPAIL
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby RICHDOGPAIL » Mar 18. 2018, 14:58

... 2015 is a good year to hang them up, he's got nothing more to prove.

Return to “MMA TALK”