Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Clever UFC fan fools the system, streams a pay-per-view UFC event by pretending to play it

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
rique000
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Clever UFC fan fools the system, streams a pay-per-view UFC event by pretending to play it

Postby rique000 » Dec 4. 2017, 18:55

It may not have been lawful, but it sure was clever.

Twitch streamer A.J. Lester hatched a brilliant plan on Saturday: He (illegally) streamed the pay-per-view broadcast of UFC 218, and he got away with it by pretending to play it, controller in hand, as a video game.
It worked. Although the full stream has since been deleted from Lester's Twitch channel, clips of his performance went viral (h/t Bloody Elbow), because of course they did.

The "pretending to play a video game" thing is cute, and it's almost certainly the reason this is making the rounds on social media. But if you look at the "clips" section of Lester's Twitch channel — which still contains portions of the longer UFC stream — he didn't fully commit to "playing" a live UFC event for the entire time. 
Lester isn't holding a controller at all in many of the clips. He's just watching and reacting to UFC 218. If you watched his body language in certain clips that have also since been removed, you can see as he remembers he's putting on a show for his viewers and gets back to the charade.

Timing likely played a role in Lester successfully pulling off this stream. EA Sports ran a beta over the weekend for its upcoming game UFC 3, which is out in early 2018. Even a quick search of Twitch turns up plenty of UFC 3 beta results. 

It doesn't look like Lester tagged his original video as UFC 3 gameplay, but it's easy to imagine this one stream from a — by Lester's own admission, in a follow-up video — relatively unknown streamer slipping through the cracks.

[font="Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]http://mashable.com/2017/12/04/ufc-218-streamer-aj-lester-video-games/?utm_cid=hp-h-4#P28mtd5xDOqj[/font]
My ownage and reign over MMASHARE deplorables is sacrosanct.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60731&start=9800

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: Clever UFC fan fools the system, streams a pay-per-view UFC event by pretending to play it

Postby detroit770 » Dec 4. 2017, 23:56

Just another N***** breaking the law. Nothin' to see here :roll: 

McGoesInDry

Whoyoutalking2
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Re: Clever UFC fan fools the system, streams a pay-per-view UFC event by pretending to play it

Postby Whoyoutalking2 » Dec 6. 2017, 04:27

detroit770 wrote:Just another N***** breaking the law. Nothin' to see here :roll: 

You're so fuckin hilarious bro... :lie

Aloha
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Aloha » Dec 7. 2017, 05:05

Detroit = nothing to do about race - someone just found a clever way to live stream the event (many of us also stream shit illegally).

Leave the racist comments out of here please - go back to the Off-Topic section to fight about race and politics with Rique + whoever goes against your beliefs.

You + Kizzo are getting pretty lame with your Rique-bashing and Gogh-stalking.  

Just because you guys comment the most and cover each other's backs with your childish bullshit doesn't mean the majority of people on this site agree with you.  

Isn't this supposed to be an mma forum?   Let's talk about mma then...

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Dec 9. 2017, 20:00

Aloha wrote:Detroit = nothing to do about race - someone just found a clever way to live stream the event (many of us also stream shit illegally).

Leave the racist comments out of here please - go back to the Off-Topic section to fight about race and politics with Rique + whoever goes against your beliefs.

Just because you guys comment the most and cover each other's backs with your childish bullshit doesn't mean the majority of people on this site agree with you.  

I didn't see you talking about mma in your comment. Hypocrite much? :doctor
"Lol Look at reek trying to fight back. Sad to watch, as he tries to make a fist tucking his thumb under his fingers of his little girl hands, swings, and lets out a little squeal Eeeee!" - detroit770

Aloha
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Aloha » Dec 11. 2017, 04:42

Kizzo wrote:
Aloha wrote:Detroit = nothing to do about race - someone just found a clever way to live stream the event (many of us also stream shit illegally).

You either...  :shock:

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Dec 11. 2017, 05:43

Aloha wrote:
Kizzo wrote:

You either...  :shock:

But you're the one who said, "Isn't this supposed to be an mma forum?   Let's talk about mma then..."  ... :shock: 
"Lol Look at reek trying to fight back. Sad to watch, as he tries to make a fist tucking his thumb under his fingers of his little girl hands, swings, and lets out a little squeal Eeeee!" - detroit770

Aloha
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Aloha » Dec 11. 2017, 08:16

You got me Kizzo - One non-mma post to finally call out all the BS I've been seeing on here from you and Detroit.  How many non-mma related posts have you made in the last year? Too many for me to try and count... 

Like I stated, I think you dorks should keep your Gogh-stalking and Rique-bashing shit in the Off-Topic section.  They've been mostly posting legit on the main forum for a few months now = give them a break and see how it plays out.  I've got quite a few private messages in the last few days that agree with this...

You think your DPI bro-ball covering tactics mean anything to me = I don't give a f**k.  I've been a member on this site longer than you, donkey & I don't need to post to get attention.  Go ahead and start bashing me if that's what gets you off.  Just keep in in the off-topic section please...

Aloha
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Aloha » Dec 11. 2017, 08:18

Detroit = your post was ignorantly racist and uncalled for.

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Dec 11. 2017, 08:26

Aloha wrote:You got me Kizzo - One non-mma post to finally call out all the BS I've been seeing on here from you and Detroit.  How many non-mma related posts have you made in the last year? Too many for me to try and count... 

Like I stated, I think you dorks should keep your Gogh-stalking and Rique-bashing shit in the Off-Topic section.  They've been mostly posting legit on the main forum for a few months now = give them a break and see how it plays out.  I've got quite a few private messages in the last few days that agree with this...

You think your DPI bro-ball covering tactics mean anything to me = I don't give a f**k.  I've been a member on this site longer than you, donkey & I don't need to post to get attention.  Go ahead and start bashing me if that's what gets you off.  Just keep in in the off-topic section please...

That's still not a mma-related post.
Aloha wrote: I've been a member on this site longer than you

No, you haven't. I've been on here since 2009 under the alias, 7Seven.
And I've contributed more to this site than you ever have or will.
http://fight.mmashare.club/search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=kizzo&fid%5B%5D=1&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
http://fight.mmashare.club/search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=kizzo&fid%5B%5D=35&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
Check yourself before you wreck yourself.:c

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Dec 11. 2017, 08:31

Aloha wrote:Detroit = your post was ignorantly racist and uncalled for.

Boo hoo.  :cry:

Detroit called him a "Numpty". That's waisis!

Aloha
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Aloha » Dec 12. 2017, 05:16

I've got Kizzo trying to drag me into one of his childish arguments on this thread & Detroit private messaging me up the yin-yang...

Whatever donkeys. Someone had to call you two butt-buddies out.

I used to enjoy this site much more before DPI (which seems to have been reduced to 2 members) started trying to take over every thread.

Kizzo = over 20,000 posts in a few years! Your momz must be proud that her basement is going to good use fanboy! Keep posting in this thread since that's your thing, but I'm out...

I actually train + fight here in Japan (PM me if anyone is coming to Kyushu island) & would like to use online forums to talk about the beautiful art of mma, and I hate to see the blatantly racist comments...

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Dec 12. 2017, 05:41

Aloha wrote:I've got Kizzo trying to drag me into one of his childish arguments on this thread & Detroit private messaging me up the yin-yang...  

Whatever donkeys.  Someone had to call you two butt-buddies out.  

I used to enjoy this site much more before DPI (which seems to have been reduced to 2 members) started trying to take over every thread.

Kizzo = over 20,000 posts in a few years!  Your momz must be proud that her basement is going to good use fanboy!  Keep posting in this thread since that's your thing, but I'm out...

I actually train + fight here in Japan (PM me if anyone is coming to Kyushu island) & would like to use online forums to talk about the beautiful art of mma, and I hate to see the blatantly racist comments...

Nice try, ass wipe. But fact remains you called me out first, remember? So it was actually you who tried to drag me into one of your childish arguments on a forum. 1qa   Maybe getting hit in the head a lot in training has given you brain damage, Mr. Can. I don't know. Otherwise, you might have known that "numpty" is not a racist term. At best you were talking out your ass with no evidence and I called you out on it (e.g. longer membership claim). I kept mma conversations to mma threads & I kept off-topic to their respective threads. Maybe the few times I may go off-topic, but that's normal. Also, dummy, there's a thing called a foe list. Instead of being a whiny little bitch, maybe you can save yourself & myself the trouble and just add me on there bitch ass n*****. Now f**k off. Aloha! :c

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby detroit770 » Dec 12. 2017, 06:46

I just want everyone to remember me for this....

Gogh ---> Image <--- Me

:c
McGoesInDry

Return to “MMA TALK”