Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Georges St-Pierre explains reasons for his four-year hiatus from MMA

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Georges St-Pierre explains reasons for his four-year hiatus from MMA

Postby Robert223 » Sep 13. 2017, 11:18

As he prepares for his comeback, Georges St-Pierre explains his temporary hiatus from MMA.

"I had a problem at that time, too, a personal problem (when I walked away),” St-Pierre continued. “It’s like a bag of bricks that you carry that you don’t have time to empty your bag. It piled up on each other. Now I had time off, I had time to empty my bag. Now I come back light.”

"It’s always depending on how it’s going to happen. How I will feel. I have no desire to hang out in the sport too long like a lot of guys did in the past. A lot of great boxer, some of the greatest fighter as well, they hang out too long. I have no desire to do the same thing. If I come back, it’s because I believe you guys haven’t seen the best out of me yet.”

https://themaclife.com/featured-posts/g ... iatus-mma/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: Georges St-Pierre explains reasons for his four-year hiatus from MMA

Postby Robert223 » Sep 13. 2017, 11:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

JackHawk MMA
H.O.F. CRI4
H.O.F. CRI4

Postby JackHawk MMA » Sep 13. 2017, 16:35

Had to cycle off them roids properly and get his natural Test flowing... takes about 4 years   ;) 
Brian Stann for President.

"f**k you George"

MMI - Northeast Squadron

RICHDOGPAIL
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby RICHDOGPAIL » Sep 13. 2017, 16:50

Wonder what 4 years off gonna do to him

Lukn4trbl
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Lukn4trbl » Sep 13. 2017, 18:34

Here's a more elaborate GSP,  elaborating on his elaborations: 
Baller Betting - It will make you cool.

Kronlk
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Postby Kronlk » Sep 13. 2017, 20:39

RICHDOGPAIL wrote:Wonder what 4 years off gonna do to him

I think he will still be around where he left off, maybe a bit diminished but I think a lot of the guys in the division have advanced past when he was reigning so he has some tough fights ahead(WW is what I am talking about). I think he can beat Bisping but will more than likely lose to Whittaker and a lot of the guys bigger than him who can just out muscle him at MW.
How taste my peepee.

AV bet with JackHawk: Holloway > Edgar 1 month

Gogh
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Gogh » Sep 13. 2017, 21:16

JackHawk MMA wrote:Had to cycle off them roids properly and get his natural Test flowing... takes about 4 years   ;) 

yup grease st roids was getting super paranoid about his peds. i think he genuinely wanted to stop taking them but couldnt do it unless he knew his opponent was clean too. fighting during this transitional period was too risky. take them and possibly get caught? dont take them and possibly my opponent doesnt get caught?

like my signature says, gsp was indeed one of the if not the most ripped dude in mma pre-usada. no way was he natural
in mma's dark age of roids, gsp was the best conditioned of them all. things that make you go hhhhmmmmmm

mma is a dog n pony show disguised as a legitimately run sport

Lukn4trbl
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Lukn4trbl » Sep 13. 2017, 21:26

I don't know...

He's been looking fairly even throughout his gymnastics training. He posts photos regularly on his page.

We'll see how he looks/performs when he returns.
Baller Betting - It will make you cool.

RICHDOGPAIL
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby RICHDOGPAIL » Sep 14. 2017, 11:00

Kronlk wrote:
RICHDOGPAIL wrote:Wonder what 4 years off gonna do to him

I think he will still be around where he left off, maybe a bit diminished but I think a lot of the guys in the division have advanced past when he was reigning so he has some tough fights ahead(WW is what I am talking about). I think he can beat Bisping but will more than likely lose to Whittaker and a lot of the guys bigger than him who can just out muscle him at MW.

Ya pretty much this.  Gsp isn't a fool he must feel like he can still compete but the proof is in the pudding 

Waftist
ONE TIME CRI CHAMPION
ONE TIME CRI CHAMPION

Postby Waftist » Sep 14. 2017, 20:04

I had time to empty my bag

There's your answer. :lol:
JDS - Lawler - Machida - Hunt - Aldo - Romero - Barnett - Shogun - Cruz - Masvidal - Mousasi
Gomi - Gustafsson - MacDonald -Tanaka - Ishihara - Jedrzejczyk - Shevchenko - Calderwood - Zingano

Robeisy Ramirez - Hakuho - Nieky Holzken - Canelo Alvarez

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Sep 14. 2017, 20:28

Gogh wrote:
JackHawk MMA wrote:Had to cycle off them roids properly and get his natural Test flowing... takes about 4 years   ;) 

yup grease st roids was getting super paranoid about his peds. i think he genuinely wanted to stop taking them but couldnt do it unless he knew his opponent was clean too. fighting during this transitional period was too risky. take them and possibly get caught? dont take them and possibly my opponent doesnt get caught?

like my signature says, gsp was indeed one of the if not the most ripped dude in mma pre-usada. no way was he natural

Delusional Gogh is delusional. Accusing people without any proof. Haters gonna hate.
My ownage and reign over MMASHARE's #1 SJW Alt-Left libcuck rique is unprecedented.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=90495&p=1655838#p1655838

JackHawk MMA
H.O.F. CRI4
H.O.F. CRI4

Postby JackHawk MMA » Sep 14. 2017, 22:29

Gogh wrote:

I have reason to believe that pre-USADA the UFC were offering "deals" to their big draws and champions that they wouldn't be tested so they could do what they needed to do to stay at the top... GSP had a guilty conscience, and he was smart enough to see what was going on. He tried to say something about it a few times but he seemed afraid to come out and really expose what was going on because it would have tarnished his legacy as well. So Instead he retired, threatened not to come back until their was better testing, and took the proper time getting his body readjusted to not having the TRT or whatever he was taking.
Brian Stann for President.

"f**k you George"

MMI - Northeast Squadron

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Sep 14. 2017, 22:34

GSP's last fight = Nov. 16, 2013

USADA Testing = July 1, 2015

He could have fought atleast 3x more before the testing.
My ownage and reign over MMASHARE's #1 SJW Alt-Left libcuck rique is unprecedented.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=90495&p=1655838#p1655838

RICHDOGPAIL
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby RICHDOGPAIL » Sep 15. 2017, 12:42

Kizzo wrote:GSP's last fight = Nov. 16, 2013

USADA Testing = July 1, 2015

He could have fought atleast 3x more before the testing.

Ya gsp was just tired of the whole thing... he left cuz he was burned out and used up.  It wouldn't be a stretch to say he was involved in PEDs in a time where everyone was tho

Return to “MMA TALK”