Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

OFFICIAL Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather *LIVE EVENT/News/Discussion*

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.

Who will win?

Poll runs till Aug 26. 2017, 23:06

Mayweather RD 1 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 2 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 3 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 4 TKO/KO
4%
Mayweather RD 5 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 6 TKO/KO
8%
Mayweather RD 7 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 8 TKO/KO
13%
Mayweather RD 9 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 10 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 11 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather RD 12 TKO/KO
No votes
Mayweather DECISION
8%
Conor RD 1 TKO/KO
8%
Conor RD 2 TKO/KO
8%
Conor RD 3 TKO/KO
25%
Conor RD 4 TKO/KO
8%
Conor RD 5 TKO/KO
No votes
Conor RD 6 TKO/KO
8%
Conor RD 7 TKO/KO
No votes
Conor RD 8 TKO/KO
4%
Conor RD 9 TKO/KO
No votes
Conor RD 10 TKO/KO
No votes
Conor RD 11 TKO/KO
No votes
Conor RD 12 TKO/KO
No votes
Conor DECISION
4%
Draw
No votes

Total votes: 24

xSamWaynex
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Re: OFFICIAL Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather *News Updates/Discussion*

Postby xSamWaynex » Aug 12. 2017, 21:40

lokischild wrote:You know me so well, annonymous person on the internet.
The only thing going down is a lot of money for both protagonists and a brilliant mma career, because mcgregor will not fight again for peanuts in comparison after this.

In an earlier post you said you box. That let's me know all I need to know about how you have formed your opinion. You asked a question earlier about how a Karate stance could change things if you aren't allowed to kick. Obviously you don't know about hand strikes in Karate? Yes kicking is a primary tactic in Karate but there are also several forms of punches and deflections that can be used in the boxing ring that normally wouldn't be used by a regular boxer. Floyd is a regular boxer, who has gone up against guys who have done nothing but boxed their whole careers. This is why Conor being able to have different stances, and angles could make such a difference in the fight.

You're a boxing fan. That's good, great, wonderful, but because of you being a fan of the sweet science you are overlooking the true and undeniable threat that Conor poses. Floyd very well may win this fight, but it definitely won't be a pure domination and he damn sure won't get the TKO/KO that some Mayweather fans are going on about. Conor could also win this fight, and if he does it will more than likely be by either KO or TKO inside the first four rounds. Floyd said he is planning on coming after Conor. IF he actually does this, then you can expect an early night to be had by McGregor. McGregor has the reach, the height, the speed, and the power advantage. If Floyd comes to FIGHT instead of use his typical defensive boxing, he will lose big time.

Any person looking at this fight objectively can see this. YOU are not looking at this objectively, because you are only looking at it from a pure boxing stance using standard boxing angles, distance, counters and strikes. You want to act as though you are being logical about this when in fact you are being highly emotional and irrational. You are clearly a Floyd fan, which hey no biggie, but your fandom is overruling your good judgement. I just had a similar conversation with someone else about this on this forum, so don't feel bad as you aren't the only person being illogical while thinking they are being logical. We can't all be Spock. Some one has to be Sulu. Yeah I know he's gay in real life, but aren't we passed that in this day and age?

You might need to turn off AdBlock

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby MajorBA » Aug 13. 2017, 00:58

*News/Update!!!
McGregor has "49-1" tattooed on his neck.

Well, not yet.  Ha!  It would be the most extreme display of confidence if he did it before the fight.   ;)   
"Posts not seen can never be recalled."-MajorBA

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Aug 13. 2017, 04:36

Owen Roddy, Conor McGregor’s striking coach, says Floyd Mayweather has ‘made a few mistakes’ leading into fight
https://www.mmafighting.com/platform/am ... into-fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

Tits
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Postby Tits » Aug 13. 2017, 04:45

Conor may have as much as a 15-20lb weight advantage. Floyd has fought at 154lb before but weighed 150lb.

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Aug 13. 2017, 05:06

Robert223 wrote:Owen Roddy, Conor McGregor’s striking coach, says Floyd Mayweather has ‘made a few mistakes’ leading into fight
https://www.mmafighting.com/platform/am ... into-fight

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Aug 13. 2017, 05:23

Tits wrote:Conor may have as much as a 15-20lb weight advantage. Floyd has fought at 154lb before but weighed 150lb.

Yeah it's going to be really interesting to see how it plays out. The only time McGregor was in trouble on the feet was against Diaz who was heavier and had reach on him.

And don't forget that the majority of Floyd's past opponents had a reach disadvantage as well. One of the few fighters who had a similar reach as Floyd and also was a southpaw was Zab Judah. That's a fight where I see some similarities (of course it won't be the same) to what I think might happen against Conor:

And let's not forget that Conor doesn't just have the same but 2 inches longer reach and, as you said, is going to be heavier as well with a style Mayweather hasn't faced before.

Going to be a very entertaining fight for sure. :fb

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby detroit770 » Aug 13. 2017, 05:53

RIQUE CRUZ MARTINEZ

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby detroit770 » Aug 13. 2017, 06:13

RIQUE CRUZ MARTINEZ

ikor
CRI1
CRI1

Postby ikor » Aug 13. 2017, 06:30

Kizzo wrote:
xSamWaynex wrote:
Kizzo wrote:Really? I thought he moved better than Mayweather during the workout. Mayweather looked flat-footed in his workout. Anyway, workout and fighting/sparring are 2 different things.

I think it's all about perspective and which fighter you favor. Those that like Conor will see the things he does and give him credit for those things. Those that like Mayweather, or perhaps simply dislike Conor, will see the things that Floyd does and give him credit for those things. When I look at both of them, and their fighting styles it's apparent who the better pure boxer is, and of course that's Floyd. Floyd has been doing it his whole life. That's a blessing and a curse. The blessing is very apparent. The curse however is that it can cause him to become rigid and stagnant in his approach instead of being able to conform to newer approaches to the game.

I agree that Floyd is the better boxer. For obvious reasons. I just don't think Conor's workout was that bad.

I was expecting more, I guess.

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby detroit770 » Aug 13. 2017, 06:38

RIQUE CRUZ MARTINEZ

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby detroit770 » Aug 13. 2017, 06:40

RIQUE CRUZ MARTINEZ

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby detroit770 » Aug 13. 2017, 06:47

RIQUE CRUZ MARTINEZ

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby detroit770 » Aug 13. 2017, 06:51

RIQUE CRUZ MARTINEZ

Lukn4trbl
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Lukn4trbl » Aug 13. 2017, 08:08

My, my, my. ..

Now the tables are turning from, " he can't land a punch" to "that's an out of shape Paulie".

Most of the Floyd sack-huggers are careful not to give credit while their eyes are popped wide open.
Baller Betting - It will make you cool.

Return to “MMA TALK”