Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Jose Aldo and Max Holloway will unify the FW belts in Brazil at UFC 212 *POLL*

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.

Who ya got!?

Poll ended at Jun 3. 2017, 17:24

Waldo
50%
Blessed
50%

Total votes: 12

moose84
News Pimp
News Pimp
Location: 6x CRI Champ - XV~LX~LXXX~LXXXI~CVII~CXV, 10x VIP Invitational Champ, 2x LMS Champ - I & VIII

Jose Aldo and Max Holloway will unify the FW belts in Brazil at UFC 212 *POLL*

Postby moose84 » Feb 13. 2017, 16:24

The UFC will kick off the summer months by figuring out the featherweight pecking order at UFC 212 in Brazil.

The promotion has made the pay-per-view official for June 3 in Rio de Janeiro. Although a venue has not been announced by UFC, reports have indicated it’s likely to take place at HSBC Arena, which also has hosted UFC 190, UFC 163, UFC 153, UFC 142 and UFC 134.

In the main event, interim featherweight champion Max Holloway (17-3 MMA, 13-3 UFC) will fight featherweight champ Jose Aldo (26-2 MMA, 8-1 UFC) in a title unification bout. Aldo is No. 1 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA featherweight rankings. Holloway is right behind him at No. 2. Aldo is No. 5 on the pound-for-pound list, while Holloway is an honorable mention selection.

Holloway won the interim belt at UFC 206 against Anthony Pettis in December. Since the Pettis fight, Holloway has been pushing his “Jose Waldo” hashtag, as in “Where’s (W)Aldo?” He recently told MMAjunkie that he had returned to training and was waiting on one more doctor visit to clear his ankle to fight.

Aldo was the UFC’s only featherweight champion, coming over in the merger with the WEC, until Conor McGregor knocked him out in just 13 seconds at UFC 194 in December 2015. Before that, the Brazilian hadn’t lost in more than 10 years.

After his setback against McGregor to surrender his 145-pound title, he won the interim belt against Frankie Edgar at UFC 200 when it was clear McGregor was going to fight Nate Diaz at welterweight a second straight time. In November, McGregor won the lightweight title to become a two-division champion, and the UFC stripped him of his featherweight belt two weeks later and promoted Aldo to full champ again, then set up Holloway vs. Pettis for the interim belt.

Holloway has won 10 straight fights since a decision loss to McGregor in McGregor’s second UFC fight in August 2013. He has seven stoppages and three fight-night bonuses over that run.

Source
LEATHER, ITS WHATS FOR DINNER! - PAT MILETICH

WHO WANTS A KO FOR CHRISTMAS! - FRANK SHAMROCK

MMI & OCT VS. DPI & GUS - MEXICAN STANDOFF

death2enemy
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Re: Jose Aldo and Max Holloway will unify the FW belts in Brazil at UFC 212 *POLL*

Postby death2enemy » Feb 14. 2017, 06:54

if Holloway brings his A like his last fight, then i guess we'll have a new champion

RICH_DOGPAIL
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
Location: DOGPAIL INDUSTRIES: A legendary movement run by Phteves

Re: Jose Aldo and Max Holloway will unify the FW belts in Brazil at UFC 212 *POLL*

Postby RICH_DOGPAIL » Feb 14. 2017, 09:52

death2enemy wrote:if Holloway brings his A like his last fight, then i guess we'll have a new champion

That would be awesome!

Waftist
ONE TIME CRI CHAMPION
ONE TIME CRI CHAMPION

Postby Waftist » Feb 15. 2017, 19:42

Aldo is gonna get this. The McGregor hysteria has people thinking Aldo sucks.

He's faster, more technical, and more explosive than Holloway. And I know those attributes don't win fights on their own. He has the style to beat Max and the ability.

I wasn't very impressed with Max vs Pettis and I was in awe watching Aldo beat Frankie. It's Aldo's fight to lose. Max is good, don't get me wrong, but Aldo is a notch or two above.
JDS - Lawler - Machida - Hunt - Aldo - Romero - Barnett - Shogun - Cruz - Masvidal - Mousasi
Gomi - Gustafsson - MacDonald -Tanaka - Ishihara - Jedrzejczyk - Shevchenko - Calderwood - Zingano

Hakuho - Robeisy Ramirez - Nieky Holzken - Canelo Alvarez

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby detroit770 » Feb 15. 2017, 23:36

I want to see Holloway put Jose in a body bag  :c
McGoesInDry

snake eyes
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby snake eyes » Feb 16. 2017, 18:23

Very nice fight! I'd say.... Aldo.

STRYDG
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby STRYDG » Feb 16. 2017, 18:40

Aldo probably has it but gonna vote for Max. He really has earned this shot and hes a solid fighter

RICH_DOGPAIL
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
Location: DOGPAIL INDUSTRIES: A legendary movement run by Phteves

Postby RICH_DOGPAIL » Feb 17. 2017, 08:22

detroit770 wrote:I want to see Holloway put Jose in a body bag  :c

Lol. This.

A Nameless Ghoul
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby A Nameless Ghoul » Feb 17. 2017, 09:06

I like this fight, it's going to be really good.
Aldo wins.
Hate positively!

Aloha
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Aloha » Feb 17. 2017, 20:25

Max got this unless Aldo chops his lanky legs down...  

Body shot leading to a 2nd round submission.  :c

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Feb 17. 2017, 22:03

This fight is hard to predict. Depends on where Holloway's head is and if he gets "star struck" as happens to so many fighters when fighting for the belt.
If he views this as just another fight and performs like in his last couple fights he'll make it look easy. Should be a good fight either way.  :fb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

Return to “MMA TALK”